CCCP!

Icekoldkilla

CCCP!

Post by Icekoldkilla »

I gather that new campaigns are rare these days as Starcraft is outdated but what does everyone think of a Campaign Creations community project? It is a campaign that is made by the community (obviously) and anyone whos anyone can contribute. Do you enjoy making high quality maps but dont have the time to make a whole campaign for anyone, this is what this is all about. Mappers from Beginners to Professionals can post their maps and put them together to create one big map pack. There will be a few requirements like:
Must be single Player. (I guess you can put MP maps in but only if you have also made an SP one)
Must be compatible with latest version of starcraft.

What does everyone think? I thought that it would make this place a little livelier and get more people contributing.
Please post your thoughts:
If you want more information on what this is then go to this link - http://forums.newdoom.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67 And have a look around
It is lots of maps bunched together to create whats called a megawad for Doom.
I have simple done the same idea but for starcraft instead.
Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: CCCP!

Post by Marine »

I dont think you should of made the site before people decide on this.
One thing I dont know if people want to do this. When they had the old site they did have this one project with all the campaigns put together.
Most people dont want to make campaigns on StarCraft because one they are moving to WOW or Warcraft 3 and just people dont like making StarCraft campaigns or the SC campaign makers are diminished besides you, me, and Gemini and probably a few people (still here) that I may not know.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

We have a community?
Icekoldkilla

Post by Icekoldkilla »

It was just an idea  :) I did not make a site, the link is from the newdoom forums for a different game.
Blizzard spend WAY too much time on their warcraft games to make anything new with starcraft. I cant wait for a Starcraft 2 if it ever comes. I like warcraft 3 but I think WOW is a complete con.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

We've attempted this before, including when the community was much more active. And to no result. People become too complex in their ideas and map quality shifts dramatically. I am not disproving the project, as it's a project made by a community, not the site and staff. Feel free, actually, I endorse it.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Milldawg
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by Milldawg »

Kind of surprised nobody has mentioned that CCCP is the Russian spelling of USSR.  Lollerskates.
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

Milldawg weins
Marine

Post by Marine »

I could help you.
Now most people make StarCraft campaigns on WarCraft 3 if you go to wc3sear.ch they have a full page of all units in WarCraft 3 skins.
Icekoldkilla

Post by Icekoldkilla »

I dont have warcraft 3 anymore, but when I used to I still didnt know how to use the map editor. And starcraft is better anyway. I really hope blizzard make starcraft 2. Does anyone know of a way of increasing the resolution of starcraft1 ? I read that Blizzard didnt make a resolution option for it because it would be unfair for players on battle.net with less powerful computers. I want to ask blizzard now though.. how many people have a computer that couldnt run Starcraft on at least 1024x768 ?
Last edited by Icekoldkilla on Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marine

Post by Marine »

My computer runs Starcraft on 1024x768.
Well I am working on WC3 World Editor. But yes I could help you with making this CCCP.
Milldawg

Post by Milldawg »

Considering StarCraft uses sprite graphics, the only way to increase the resolution would be to increase the visible area, which could be considered an advantage.  Also it would make dudes really tiny, and no one wants that.
Icekoldkilla

Post by Icekoldkilla »

Who says I dont?  :)
Having a resolution that lets you see much more of the screen while not zooming out too much to make the men microscopic would be great. Sort of like the Windows XP patch for Command and Conquer.
It would be much better than having your eyes bleed at only being able to see 2 Zealots on your screen in an attack.  :)
The kind of resolution you get with staredit would be perfect.
Milldawg

Post by Milldawg »

...In which case, refer to my other point; that some people who prefer the small screen or run Windows 3.1 would have a disadvantage if they cannot survey the battlefield as effectively.  Also 640x480 ftwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Icekoldkilla

Post by Icekoldkilla »

One day there will be a resolution patch when blizzard finally realises that you can run a game like starcraft on your mobile phone and still have a high resolution. (Exaggerated)
Marine

Post by Marine »

Maybe if they made StarCraft 2