New StarCraft campaign: Voices of the Swarm

Topic author
Andrea Rosa
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

New StarCraft campaign: Voices of the Swarm

Postby Andrea Rosa » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:26 pm

My second StarCraft campaign, "Voices of the Swarm", is finished and available for download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iilmhvcte ... m.zip/file

"Voices of the Swarm" is set during the original Zerg campaign and takes place between "The Dark Templar" and "Full Circle". Only moments have passed since the death of Zasz at the hands of Zeratul. The Garm Brood has been driven insane, the Overmind has gone silent and the Cerebrates are in a state of deep concern. Acting as the Cerebrate of the Grendel Brood, you are contacted by Daggoth, who is filling in for the Overmind's absence, and who explains that you are the only one who can fulfill an important assignment on the Terran world of Tarsonis, because a part of your Brood is still stationed there. From then on, a chain of events unfolds that will bring the Grendel Brood from his marginal role to eventually become one of the most relevant Broods in the Swarm's ranks.

This campaign was designed to be played with the original StarCraft. While it is technically possible to play these maps with Brood War, this is considered cheating, since the extra units and technologies would severely alter the gameplay, making all of the missions entirely too easy. If you have Brood War, please play "Voices of the Swarm" in StarCraft mode. Thanks in advance for any comment, I hope you'll have fun with these missions!

Side note:

Concurrently with the release of "Voices of the Swarm" I have re-released my previous campaign, "Tales of Halcyon". The new version features highly improved gameplay, additional sound effects (this is most evident in mission 4), revised dialogues and some bug fixes. If you have already played "Tales of Halcyon" I strongly recommend you to re-download it anyway to get the enhanced version.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/skpwi66h3 ... n.zip/file
Last edited by Andrea Rosa on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Andrea Rosa

Re: New StarCraft campaign: Voices of the Swarm

Postby Andrea Rosa » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:47 pm

UPDATE:

Fixed a minor bug in Mission 3 that could display the message "This door is closed" even after opening that door.
Also in Mission 3, fixed an inconsistency in the Mission Objectives displayed by pressing F10.

Topic author
Andrea Rosa

Re: New StarCraft campaign: Voices of the Swarm

Postby Andrea Rosa » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:19 pm

UPDATE

MISSION 3

- Decreased the energy cost of the Hero Defiler's special abilities.
- Added new rooms.
- Added new sound effects.
- Some enemy units have been repositioned.
- Improved triggered attacks.
- Fixed an issue with the Healing Station that allowed to heal more than one unit at a time.
- Messages such as "this door is closed" are now displayed multiple times.

MISSION 4

- Decreased the energy cost of the Hero Defiler's special abilities.
- Increased AI difficulty.
- Increased the amount of minerals available on the map.
- Fixed a bug that allowed Carriers to attack the Cerebrate.

MISSION 5

- Minimal changes to the map.
- Decreased the frequency of Infested Terrans attacks.

Return to “StarCraft Discussion”