New Starcraft Campaign: Tales of Halcyon

Topic author
Andrea Rosa
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Re: New Starcraft Campaign: Tales of Halcyon

Postby Andrea Rosa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:49 am

Revolta wrote:Disabling units that AI use will cause issues 9 times out of 10.

This means that I was rather lucky, since the AI scripts work without freezing despite having disabled certain units (Blizzard should have prevented the user from disabling units for the computer players, or at least they should have stressed this fact in the StarEdit instructions). Disabling units was a necessity in some scenarios, for example in the last mission the computer would have been able to build Battlecruisers, and this was not good because I had re-defined that unit as a hero. Given the impossibility to create maps running AI scripts different from those available in StarEdit without modding the game (which I'm not willing to do), disabling units was the only work-around I found.

Now I have a question: Does disabling special abilities harm the AI in the same way, or the problem only occurs upon disabling units?

Revolta
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Re: New Starcraft Campaign: Tales of Halcyon

Postby Revolta » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Disabling tech will cause the same issue if the AI has commands to research them. Being unwilling to mod means you are unwilling to fix any number of issues with the base game that need to be addressed if you want your project to be as good as it could be.

Return to “StarCraft Discussion”