Certain map issues

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Arxale
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Certain map issues

Post by Arxale »

Greetings. I recently started replaying the whole campaign and encountered a number of probably serious issues. I played 4th editions of all books on warcraft v1.29.1.9610. The issues were:
  • In Book 2, Epilogue "One Last Look" the Sentinel unit didn't move into heroes area after opening cinematics. Which made it impossible to kill him to trigger progress in the mission. I suspect it might be because of chaos soldiers occupying the area where he should be teleported to. I bypassed this by redacting the script and teleporting him to nearby area region instead. (Also, incidentally I noticed another minor wrong thing there: depending on whether or not you skip opening cinematics the script spawns different number of chaos soldiers - 4 or 5 per group).
  • In Book 5, Chapter 3 "Tiger's Cage" gold mines of enemies' bases belong to their respectful factions. And scripts for both winning condition and "Beat the Messenger" mission requires for them to be destroyed. Also, naturally, they are invulnerable. I had to manually deplete all of them to proceed to the routing stage and end the mission. It's doable but is a drag.
  • In Book 5, Chapter 5 "Legacy of the Wizard" the script which turns Rockgaea miniboss and his flunkies aggressive when you attack him also switch all players units to the guardians factions, which makes it impossible to complete the mission. I found that it is so because the corresponding script lacks certain check (that the units in the picked group belong to Passive Guardians faction), unlike other similar scripts. After manually correcting this issue, I was able to finish the mission.
I hope the list of these will be of use to somebody. Also, when playing through I noticed a number of typos and instances of "Nara the Shadowpath" mentions. I am not sure if they will be of use to the creator, but if they would then I can try to pinpoint where I seen them.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Certain map issues

Post by RazorclawX »

The first two things you listed seem to be version specific issues that should be fairly simple to fix if not annoying (the game used to always force the Gold Mines to be owned by Neutral Passive regardless of who you gave them to). The third one is kind of a hilarious oversight.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Arxale

Post by Arxale »

Here is another issue I encountered. While playing Book 6, North District with Hikaru, after some time I found out that if I approach north-eastern base then WC3 will crash. After looking at the map I saw this: https://imgur.com/0UBRg8L. Which I presume is a result of some unit spawning script problem or somesuch.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

That's annoying because that's one of those things that doesn't always happen.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I can't figure this one out because that base isn't supposed to be doing anything at all. The easiest thing is probably to just remove the entire base for Hikaru since there isn't a point to it otherwise.
-- Razorclaw X