Unlocked class in new game plus

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

HolyDemon
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Unlocked class in new game plus

Post by HolyDemon »

I unlocked Hikaru's Lord of Chaos and Kurumi's Succubus class in Dragon Slayer Arena, but during book 4 intro, there wasn't an option to pick those classes. Kurumi's Succubus is playable in book 3 though (during the fight with Garm). Is this intended or am I doing something wrong ?
HolyDemon

Re: Unlocked class in new game plus

Post by HolyDemon »

I found out that by using the cheat "allyourbasearebelongtous" to skip the book 4 intro without selection, you get to play Hikaru and Kurumi as Lord of Chaos and Succubus, respectively. Kurumi also gained a second Kittyband for some reason
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Okay I figured it out. Dragon Slayer Arena checks to see if you have 60 Journal pages to unlock those class options, while Book 4 checks if you bought the 60 Journal upgrade from the Journal shop. On paper those are the same requirement, but technically they're not.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
HolyDemon

Post by HolyDemon »

I already bought all the journal upgrades up to level 0 upgrade for all characters in the dragon arena slayers of Book 5 before making a new game plus save. I'm still able to select Shizuka's Lolita Doll class in Book 4 intro, but couldn't see Lord of Chaos or Succubus. I tried purchasing the upgrade in book 3 and book 4 shop as well, but nothing changed. Is there any specific step I have to follow ?