About Kosseimaru's Hotkey

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: About Kosseimaru's Hotkey

Post by RazorclawX »

SilverGauntlet wrote:I have a few new findings, suggestions and comments
General:
New Abolisher looks rather nice, although he is much smaller than what I expect. Jenna's 'crown' looks like Sun Wukong's circlet, which is not too nice.
I don't think he can reasonably be any bigger and not eclipse things with his body. I've had to resort to a lot of model tricks to get his body to not cover everything (similarly so with the Blade Kraken's head being click-through)

Jenna's circlet is a copy and paste from her old skin sheet so it always looked like that. The thing I'm kind of iffy about is she kind of looks like Princess Zelda from OoT.
Why Neo Arcadia's turtles are called Goblin Submarine? They are living turtles (count as organic units and leave corpses), which is unlikely to be goblin-piloted.
It's a Warcraft 2 thing. 'Goblin Submarines' are giant sea turtles with giant missiles strapped onto them (the name is obviously a joke).
Book 5, Secret Level: Kagero Clan Remnants is too numerous in my opinion (if Panther Riders and Sentinels are part of the clan pre-disband), and their heroes should have dialogues with Kurumi and Kevin if they are not too numerous that one don't know evey other members.
There should be more dialogues
I wouldn't think too hard on it (heck even Miyuki shouldn't be on that map as she's dead hence the jabs at her direction). The point is there's a Ninja army fighting a Pirate army.
Level 8-1 Book 4: I dont know why abilities target are described on tooltip as 'on friendly/enemy units' (plural) but when I cast it, it chooses one random target in case of Cantrip of Death, Earth, Water, while Cantrip of Fire only cast Breath of Fire on one direction.
The system really didn't work anyway.
ED1: he is not. Also, is his new model a shivarra?
Yes it is and that's probably how it's going to stay for the time being. He literally could turn into anything, but I chose that one in particular because a) I couldn't find anywhere else to use it and it would be a shame to not use it at all and b) it still roughly fit the original profile of the previous crappy model.

I mean, there is in fact another Shivarra running around in Book 6's south district, but I happen to like that model for different reasons.
Sorana's Chain of Frost does not mention damage reduction on secondary targets. Level 3 deal 150 damage to secondary target instead of 200.
This almost certainly changed when I fixed the spell logic the last time. The latest version of my 'chain' spell template should have been standardized with the damage reduction and that's probably what accounts for the damage change. I'm fairly certain the original spell logic never had the damage falloff which is what made them too good.

I've thought about giving Sorana's 'kill for minions' ability a 1-2 second grace period ala HotS does for 'last kill' abilities, but haven't come up with a satisfying way to do it without having to add a bunch of new abilities. Of course that's really beside the point as her 'kill for minions' wasn't part of her original skill set in the first place.
Level 5 Book 5: Those Pillars (in my attached pictures) are not Sealed Gates.
I should probably change the graphics of those things. They never were what I had in mind (the entire puzzle for that matter was an objective failure).

In Legacy of the Wizard the Mother's route ran on three puzzle items-- the Magic Key, the Wings, and the Mystic Crossbow. The Crossbow's purposes was to punt blocks. The Magic Key was to use up Magic instead of Keys to open doors, and there were a ton of doors. Wings are self-explanatory.

The original idea was to use the Mystic Crossbow to punt blocks, but that didn't work, so I gave up and changed it to the Magic Key 'puzzle'. Which is kind of like giving up because there's literally nothing to it.

In comparison the Pet's route was simply a maze with monsters in it (the pet couldn't be harmed by the monsters). The Father's route was pushing blocks around, and the Daughter's route was platforming and destroying blocks with the Mattock. The Pet's route is a trap maze. The Father's route turned out exactly how I wanted with the addition of a mirror puzzle. The Daughter's route is just an elevator maze since you can't have real platforming in this game.

The Lava Lake is 'just because' the Son doesn't have an actual route (his route involves going into everyone else's as it's actually a teleport puzzle), but just a short take on how I tend to use the Son to grab the Glove at the start of the game.

So it breaks down like this:

The Pet -> Tarantunes
The daughter -> Erebone
The mother -> Arcwinger
The father -> Rockgaea
The son -> Keela

Only the Son can fight Keela just because of how the game works, but the other bosses you can technically fight in whatever order you wish-- just you'd wish you did it in the recommended order (Rockgaea as the Pet is pretty nightmarish).
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

Well, finished book 5.
What does the obelisk in chapter 7's deactivate/activate function do? It is something from an older version?
Brute forced from chapter 7 to the end because all parts of Chapter 8, Interludes and Secret Chapter did not display, and if I forget to save or want to play a certain part of Chapter 8, I will have to play through chapter 7 again.
Also, occasional crashes on Chapter 6. Once when I encountered the Murloc hero where Murloc Assassins (used to be Mur'gul Assassin if I was right) show up right before Kurumi part ways. The other time when the game crashed was right after Kurumi part ways, where I encounter ghouls and two Unseen Illusionists.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SilverGauntlet wrote:Well, finished book 5.
What does the obelisk in chapter 7's deactivate/activate function do? It is something from an older version?
It's a toggle for Hikaru's Soul Shift ability.
Brute forced from chapter 7 to the end because all parts of Chapter 8, Interludes and Secret Chapter did not display, and if I forget to save or want to play a certain part of Chapter 8, I will have to play through chapter 7 again.
Go to your Saved Games folder, go to your most recent Profile, and open up SorceriaBook5.w3p in Notepad. Paste what that looks like. It should look fairly similar to this:
Spoiler
Version002300
Difficulty=1
Button01=1
Button02=1
Button03=1
Button04=1
Button05=1
Button06=1
Button07=1
Button08=1
Button09=1
Button10=1
Button11=1
Button12=1
Button13=1
Button14=1
Button15=1
Button16=1
Button17=1
Button18=1
Button19=1
Button20=1
I don't know what exactly would cause it.
Also, occasional crashes on Chapter 6. Once when I encountered the Murloc hero where Murloc Assassins (used to be Mur'gul Assassin if I was right) show up right before Kurumi part ways. The other time when the game crashed was right after Kurumi part ways, where I encounter ghouls and two Unseen Illusionists.
I'm not sure about the Unseen Illusionist, but the Murloc Assassins apparently have a faulty model.

Fun fact-- only one of those Illusionists is real.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

This is what is in there:
► Show Spoiler
I believe there really is a problem.
Actually, one thing I forgot is that Cinder used his old model in level 6 Book 5.
About the crash, if the Murloc Assassin model is faulty, maybe change the Murloc Assassin back to Murgul Assassin or Night Hawks? That should do the trick from what I see.
ED1: one of the Illusionists is a real unit, and the other one is... an illusion of the other? And can they copy non-Hero units?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I don't know what to tell you; I've started from Button10 open (which is Chapter 7) and speed ran through the maps with cheats on and they all opened like you would expect.

The Murloc Assassin is really simply a matter of changing it to another model. I don't know why that one in particular is bad; it's easier to just copy the skin onto a copy of the model that I know doesn't crash and be done with it (and those in particular are not supposed to be Night Hawks or Mur'gul anyway).

Theoretically the Illusionists could copy anything near them that isn't a Hero, but most of the time they just cast the spell on themselves.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

RazorclawX wrote:I don't know what to tell you; I've started from Button10 open (which is Chapter 7) and speed ran through the maps with cheats on and they all opened like you would expect.
Well, the new version fixed it. Also the new sealed gate system in chapter 5 Book 5 worked great, because since they are marked as enemy, I don't have to destroy the pillars one-by-one (or Wall of Fire it, as I played as Flame Sorcerer once).
RazorclawX wrote:Theoretically the Illusionists could copy anything near them that isn't a Hero, but most of the time they just cast the spell on themselves.
I believe they copied Nekurow's Juggernaut and one of my Heroes at least once (have to replay chapter 6 Book 5 or Part 2 Chapter 8 Book 5 for a screenshot)
► Show Spoiler
I just played Book 3, 4, and 5, so I do not know why Abolisher do not start with Orb of Death although I did get all 10 Hearts of the Obelisk (After I updated the campaign, the items and levels of heroes are New Game + level because I finished Book 1 to 5 - and got all Obelisk Hearts before the 2/10/19 update)
ED1: Hikaru's non-Sorcerian classes visually equipped Garanteen (I think it is Garanteen because it is the same sword Sorcerian Hikaru equipped after Tower of the Gods level)
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

They're Main Quests because you have to do them regardless of pass/fail; the story doesn't advance until you do them. To me 'optional' means you don't have to do it at all (like in Book 2 you can avoid recruiting Sazabi at all).

The Orb of Death thing I'll probably have to make a change for because if you lose it there's no way to get it back.
I believe they copied Nekurow's Juggernaut and one of my Heroes at least once (have to replay chapter 6 Book 5 or Part 2 Chapter 8 Book 5 for a screenshot)
If they can cast it on Heroes I probably let them do that on purpose. I have at least two versions of that spell so if they have the Heroes-allowed version that's what they're supposed to have. Some guys don't.
ED1: Hikaru's non-Sorcerian classes visually equipped Garanteen (I think it is Garanteen because it is the same sword Sorcerian Hikaru equipped after Tower of the Gods level)
I have no desire to make versions of those using the other sword and there's no way to get access to those classes the first time around anyway. It's kind of like how some of the other available classes for other characters are pretty anachronistic.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Interesting fact about the Orb of Death-- it actually gets generated in the Book 4 Intro when you're selecting Hero classes. The checks are whether you turned on all 10 Obelisks (or previously held the Orb of Death) and then it gives Abolisher the Orb of Death and Kurumi the Kitty Band.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

Review up to book 2-3 part 1, New Game Plus:
Secret level: Tanya do not have her passive mana regen ability visible. It is visible in level 1-7.
1-3: The gate in the Veranda fight is opened all the time, but when Veranda is killed, it is destroyed for seemingly no reason.
In the Shizuka boss fight, Hikaru have Hokuto's aura on if I skipped the cinematic. Wonder if that is the case if I do not.
2-2: The tip said Spider Warriors and Spider Lords (unit) can cut trees, but Spider Warriors cannot cut trees and the Spider Lord unit is not seen anywhere in the tech tree for the whole book. And if the Spider Lords is just a typo of Spider Lord Scaldar, he cannot cut trees in this level.
General: Adol Hikaru class have the rather out-of-place cape. Maybe I see it that way because I am doing a playthrough of Ys Chronicles.
Also, why does Ziel deal Hero damage in Human form when he obviously have the Jin Ancestral Sword (and his own weapon, although I do not know if it can modify his attack damage type into Chaos damage) during the events of Book 1 and 2 plot-wise? Not to mention that he asked for a weapon (to damage Arcadia) when Kosseimaru entered Tower of the Gods, although that can be interpreted that he do not seriously asked for a weapon as he can already deal Chaos damage in his Twister form. Another thing I spotted is Ziel attacks slightly slower in his Twister form in Book 3 and 4, although the tooltip for his skill had 'slightly faster attack rate', which is attack speed from what I understand. He still have increased attack speed in Twister form in Book 1 and 2 (will have to double check).
ED1: In Summoner Duels (Book 3) Deathclaw have Freezing Breath although he never actually attack buildings, so it is rather redundant in my opinion. And he have Shizuka's Soul Power (Book 2 version, when it can be Book 4-5 version), just a side note because the hero power worked well although he cannot really equip the Dragon Horn.
ED2:
RazorclawX wrote:Interesting fact about the Orb of Death-- it actually gets generated in the Book 4 Intro when you're selecting Hero classes. The checks are whether you turned on all 10 Obelisks (or previously held the Orb of Death) and then it gives Abolisher the Orb of Death and Kurumi the Kitty Band.
What you mean is if I equipped Orb of Death before on any playable hero in a progile, I cannot get another Orb in Book 4?
ED3: I must have overthinking about the Ziel matter. Maybe you simply did not plan about Ziel having the Jin Ancestral Sword when developing the first two books.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

1-3: The gate in the Veranda fight is opened all the time, but when Veranda is killed, it is destroyed for seemingly no reason.
In the Shizuka boss fight, Hikaru have Hokuto's aura on if I skipped the cinematic. Wonder if that is the case if I do not.
The gate being destroyed is a leftover from when the gate closed when you engaged her.

Hokuto's Aura does stay with you if you watch the whole thing. She's just plain not moved out of the arena.
ED1: In Summoner Duels (Book 3) Deathclaw have Freezing Breath although he never actually attack buildings, so it is rather redundant in my opinion. And he have Shizuka's Soul Power (Book 2 version, when it can be Book 4-5 version), just a side note because the hero power worked well although he cannot really equip the Dragon Horn.
It doesn't matter because Deathclaw's damage is fixed.

In fact there's an entirely another issue with Deathclaw that I think I'm going to leave in because it still doesn't change anything-- he actually casts Death Spiral twice per cast (the second cast, however, is treated like he's a Lv.1 Hero so it ultimately only adds 18 more damage per hit to his attack).
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

RazorclawX wrote: Hokuto's Aura does stay with you if you watch the whole thing. She's just plain not moved out of the arena.
Not really a problem to me, since Freeze traps in the fight are more OP than her auras (level 3 Thorns aura and level 1 of any aura from her items).
RazorclawX wrote: It doesn't matter because Deathclaw's damage is fixed.

In fact there's an entirely another issue with Deathclaw that I think I'm going to leave in because it still doesn't change anything-- he actually casts Death Spiral twice per cast (the second cast, however, is treated like he's a Lv.1 Hero so it ultimately only adds 18 more damage per hit to his attack).
Aside from Freezing Breath being a locked upgrade looking not so nice, especially when it cannot be researched, it does not affect performance to me, so I just asked if it can be removed. And I guess the first Death Spiral cast deal damage based on Shizuka's level?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SilverGauntlet wrote:And I guess the first Death Spiral cast deal damage based on Shizuka's level?
It's not based on any level; it's just fixed damage because Deathclaw doesn't have any Hero Levels. His version of the spell doesn't check for Hero Levels.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

I found out that the Garanteen is droppable when Hikaru is available in Book 2 chapter 7 part 1, after Mizuki is rescued. My guess is that maybe it happened because the Soul Gem replaced the Garanteen.
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

Book 2, Fight Dragon: Ziel is level 8 and only have Ziel's Sword.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I figured that one out. The epilogue saved Ziel in a completely inconsistent manner compared to every other map; it never came up because I never intentionally tried to load from the epilogue before.
-- Razorclaw X