About Kosseimaru's Hotkey

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: About Kosseimaru's Hotkey

Post by SilverGauntlet »

SilverGauntlet wrote:[bbvideo=1280,720]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ndYpPc ... e=youtu.be[/bbvideo]I got a video for the overflowing of Seawing Dragons and the multiple spellcasters trained problem.
And I got the list of melee bosses in Free mode to add orbs: Metallus(already mentioned), Clench the Eternal, Nightmare Lust, Hikaru/Hikaru the Zealous.
My full opinion about special lines in NGP+ so far: I also to see Ziel having special interaction with bosses in district and the Black Pearl and that he face real Hikaru instead of the Zealous for him. I mean, he is worthy of one. And that Hikaru should not die straight away when he is defeated his comrades(Johan, Miranda), which I believe is hard to modify and unfair storywise. Mirror images of bosses (Kevin, Metallus, Clench, Nara - I only tested the first one so far) can have special voicelines when they meet their AI counterpart. About Heroes of Pentawa: Count Zule, Metallus (Darm), Ingram, Jarek, and Dalles should have voice lines when they meet Gina, since they are still her old comrades (In Metallus' case, Rhea did revive Darm as him). In my opinion, I hardly understand why only Gina got special lines of all of the storyline - out of all the important heroes I tested.
My conclusion is that I am quite satisfied with the range of special lines in Free Mode, I just see that there is potential for more special interactions.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Okay that was the East District where the North and the West Districts were stated before. I hadn't actually been looking at that level.
About Heroes of Pentawa: Count Zule, Metallus (Darm), Ingram, Jarek, and Dalles should have voice lines when they meet Gina, since they are still her old comrades (In Metallus' case, Rhea did revive Darm as him).
I don't think any of them can meet each other.

Unless I'm mistaken the Free mode path only meets Metallus, Kasumi, Clench, Shivak, Nara, and Rhea, and a good chunk of the interactions are done against Shivak because he's met more of the characters than any of the others outside the mains.

Then the alternate characters for the main paths don't really count as those characters as they're still just standins for that main character.
In my opinion, I hardly understand why only Gina got special lines of all of the storyline
Free Mode conceptually was to be a pseudo-Gina story mode. Although over time I really lost interest in her story because she turned out to be a carbon copy of Kagome from Inuyasha. Admittedly she was a blatant clone of Wang Yuanji from Dynasty Warriors with the whole knife nut thing.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

Okay that was the East District where the North and the West Districts were stated before. I hadn't actually been looking at that level.
It turned out I sometime mistaken East for West and vice versa, sorry about the confusion.
And as I do not encounter the problem all the time in my playthrough, it is highly likely to be a bug - limited to the Sorcerian Guardians in North and East Districts, although I thought at the beginning that it was an indication to not mess with them.
About Heroes of Pentawa: Count Zule, Metallus (Darm), Ingram, Jarek, and Dalles should have voice lines when they meet Gina, since they are still her old comrades (In Metallus' case, Rhea did revive Darm as him).
It was Rhea instead of Gina, my bad. I was thinking about Gina when I typed that part.
Admittedly, I had interest about what Heroes of Pentawa did, how Johan escape Purgatory, and did Scaldar joined the fight against Arthas and help rebuild the Coron-Nerub empire - if he survive.
Off Topic
Especially the last one, since rebuilding of Coron-Nerub is an idea that both WoW and WoS did not expand as of now, although I believe WoW will return its focus to Northend soon enough.
Free Mode conceptually was to be a pseudo-Gina story mode. Although over time I really lost interest in her story because she turned out to be a carbon copy of Kagome from Inuyasha. Admittedly she was a blatant clone of Wang Yuanji from Dynasty Warriors with the whole knife nut thing.
That explains things, I guess.
Off Topic
And I held the Black Moon Orbs in her run and still activate the ultimate, which do not stack with attack modifiers, for Chaos damage and crazier attack speed.
She is indeed a knife nut when I remove all the orb effects.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

It was Rhea instead of Gina, my bad. I was thinking about Gina when I typed that part.
Admittedly, I had interest about what Heroes of Pentawa did, how Johan escape Purgatory, and did Scaldar joined the fight against Arthas and help rebuild the Coron-Nerub empire - if he survive.
Well, I suppose in that case maybe some interaction would have been warranted if it had actually been planned out in detail at the time. It really hasn't as the deeds of the Heroes of Pentawa exist only as far as a general outline is concerned, where the idea was their adventures were a reflection of playing through the original three Sorcerian scenarios in different group combinations among the ten.

Basically if you played the original Sorcerian, made ten characters with those names, that's what it would look fairly close to (within reason of course, because you can't make a draconian in that game). I *THINK* I had a vague idea about which parties did what adventures, but that's probably lost somewhere in a pile of notes (which is just as well because I could have easily changed my mind about group compositions since then).

Most of the Heroes themselves are generic archetypes from Sorcerian:
Darm - Human Male Warrior
Dalles - Human Male Wizard
Ingram - Human Male Warrior
Princess of Azorbia (excuse me while I forget her name)- Human Female Wizard (I think)
Rhea - Elf Female
Rand - Dwarf Male
Sora - Elf Male
Zule - ??? (basically whatever, I think he was another Human Male Wizard archetype)
Gina - Human Female Warrior
Jarek - ??? (probably Dwarf or Elf Male)

Of the above the Azorbian Royal Couple probably got the most attention to them because they're based off Odysseus and Penelope from The Odyssey (with Hikaru as a stand-in of sorts to Telemacus).

And of course the big reason why only four of them went to Sorceria is because the party size in Sorcerian is limited to four. Some of the adventures only let you bring three characters, too.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLf-wc_ ... e=youtu.be[/bbvideo]
Well, sometimes dialogues in cutscenes went too fast. Also, a few images about leftover Redeye and Nara. I also wonder why you named her Nara at the first place though.
Also, in Book 1 level 1, at Ashram, the dialogue between the mages and Hikaru and Nekurow is partly repeated. I mean, there are both text and cutscene for it. I suggest that you cut one of them out, because what the sorceress and the priest spoke when I click them are basically repeated in the cutscene.
Another suggestion is that when you pick up Johan in the same level, there should be a notify that the player take control of the bases, and having Surtur around after that too, as an allied NPC.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Yeah I had a feeling there was someplace where I forgot I put Nara. As for her name, I clearly wasn't thinking about it because her name and title are LAME.

I'll have to check, but I don't think that repeating dialogue is actually repeating so much as it's the same dialogue being played twice. Either way I'll have to look at that.

I'm deliberately not giving control of Surtur. He's really one of those 'early cameo' things than anything.

ED: It's not duplicated dialogue, but I added stuff to help prevent it from playing again if that's what's happening.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

RazorclawX wrote:I'm deliberately not giving control of Surtur. He's really one of those 'early cameo' things than anything.
Surtur as an allied NPC would be a game changing factor, I think, because he is too tanky and have an AoE, which make the game too easy gameplay-wise. Although my suggestion about a hint that the player control the bases stands.
Cannot remember if I suggested this, but there should be a hint about revivable demi-hero or Ministers (Ayame and Mizuki).
► Show Spoiler
Level 1-6, the way the
► Show Spoiler
On a side note, destroying the third Healing Ward of Nekurow's Golden Dragon dropped a Gloves of Haste, which is kind of pointless since nobody will pick it. I will try to record a video if possible.
About models as of Book 1: The minor hairstyle change does make Kanna look meaner when I took a good look. Ziel looks less handsome and more serious, which is for the better in my opinion, because who wear a flashy Hawaii shirt on covert missions? Zava I cannot say much, since I did not take a good look at her. Chika... well, she is still quite useless from the less-plain costume
► Show Spoiler
. Scaldar is totally different, for better or worse I cannot say, because he look more similar to Queen Corona but stand-out too much. Shizuka's model basically looks less crappy. Shyron and Tendaro's models are nice as they follow the new style, but I still feel weird about Shyron using two katanas and have a ranged attack instead of a bow, especially when Zande units use short swords or long lances (glaives and umbra crescents for heroes) as melee weapons. Is that Shizu's fighting style is inspired by Shyron or is it the other way around?
Ah well, I will try to update details in this reply for future books.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Yeah I really had to change Ziel and Chika because they just plain didn't fit in any with those looks (and yeah Chika is intentionally supposed to look non-functional and 'flashy' as if she wasn't taking anything seriously). Kanna's hair just bugged me a lot (same with Kurumi's, which is 'better' but still not perfect). Zava is mostly the same TBH, just the technique used to 'shadow' her is completely different (and even if it somehow got removed by say casting Frost Nova on her you still can't tell who she is because she's not using her 'real' face anyway).

Scaldar right now is mostly a transitional measure until Reforged comes out as he's just straight-up his 'loading screen portrait' model in-game. Same with Six. I have doubts either of them are going to stay like that.

Shyron I'm not prepared to talk about. There is a 'story' behind that, but don't want to talk about it yet.

I have a suspicion that the Healing Ward dropping the Gloves might have something to do with something Blizzard changed, or something that got overlooked for a really long time and it just never came up until now.

Re: The 1-6 spoiler block is only really about removing a huge mob of bodies for performance reasons.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

Book 2 Finished. The log always have a big space when an achievement is completed, is there a way to fix this?
Also, sometimes characters disappeared in the cutscenes, like Queen Arcadia after Hikaru the Zealous is defeated and Shizuka after Queen Arcadia is defeated (talking to Deathclaw). Dialogues sometimes skips forward is still a persistent problem, especially in the aftermath of Queen Arcadia's defeat, not sure why that happened to me.
Also, here is video just in case you did not encounter it when you played:
[bbvideo=853,480]https://youtu.be/KpqgV1FJvY4[/bbvideo]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I think a lot of it has to do with how the dialogues in Books 1 and 2 are done with an actual sound file and when Blizzard changed the sound system in War3 that messed up a lot of things involved with that. In that regard I may have to go back and redo all of the cutscenes and retime them. Obviously that would take a great deal of time and who knows if Blizzard will actually fix it in the meantime, but anyway....

The giant space with the achievements is part of how it works to force the text under the normal text line.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

Book 1-6: Enemy heroes except Bellicose do not revive on Hard mode.
Book 2-4: A doodad make units from Shadow Barrows stuck in a place.
Book 2-7, part 2: Velcana used the old model.
Book 3-1: 'Sporting chance'? What does that mean? Shouldn't it be 'Negotiate'?
► Show Spoiler
Off Topic
Completey unrelated note: Will there be more Ys-based mods?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SilverGauntlet wrote: Book 3-1: 'Sporting chance'? What does that mean? Shouldn't it be 'Negotiate'?
It means Scaldar is giving David a chance to die like a warrior. David instead wastes it doing a dramatic 360 spin before hitting and then Scaldar shoots him.

In other words either option Scaldar intends to kill him.

So I guess I should word that better?
Also, why does the Dark Fact class of Nekurow wear the Lich King's Helm of Dominator, which is completely unrelated? Also Hokuto's Ys Lilia being a bunny girl?
The Lich King is Just Because. The other is just a big whatever (the skin didn't exist at the time and I probably forgot how I labeled the class) I can change that. Although in all honesty I should make her Feena (thematically Kurumi is better off with the Lilia skin and Hokuto fits more with the 'mysterious waif' thing).

I think Nekurow needs more variant options, really. He used to have a Dark Fact skin, but that takes a bit of work (I stopped using it because I didn't like how it was missing his sword).
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

RazorclawX wrote:It means Scaldar is giving David a chance to die like a warrior. David instead wastes it doing a dramatic 360 spin before hitting and then Scaldar shoots him.

In other words either option Scaldar intends to kill him.

So I guess I should word that better?
I am not sure how to name it if I were you, though, although giving David a final, honorable duel cannot be interpreted as 'Sporting chance'.
RazorclawX wrote:The Lich King is Just Because. The other is just a big whatever (the skin didn't exist at the time and I probably forgot how I labeled the class) I can change that. Although in all honesty I should make her Feena (thematically Kurumi is better off with the Lilia skin and Hokuto fits more with the 'mysterious waif' thing).
Since Hikaru is somewhat Adol, Lilia Kurumi sounds interesting indeed. And either goddesses fit Hokuto, I believe.
Actually, I have a ton of ideas about Ys mods and other stuffs, even when I am incapable of creating them and not really sure how appropriate the mod is compare to the character (Karna Shizuka is a no-no), and some of them are not that interesting. Not to mention the idea of Magical Girl Miranda voice, which is extremely cringy in my imagination... I mean, Naisha's quotes do not suit Miranda that much, and look forward for it to change if possible.
I cannot wait to see new Abolisher model though, as the old model is rather crappy.
(Currently finished 1st level of Book 3)
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Lilia Kurumi is one of the options in Book 6.

I think I'm obligated to reference Feena since she's not referenced anywhere. Even her sister has some kind of (crude) reference (if hilarious because of how Ys Origin turned out); I think I favored her a little more because deliberately getting herself captured was 'hardcore' at the time.

Frankly Shizuka doesn't have an Ys skin because she's not based on any of them, and it's why she and her circle of friends don't have variant skins like that (and as one of the older fans there wasn't a lot of inspiration from there to draw from as far as role models go; even WoS itself is pre-Ys Seven; even The Ark of Napishtim didn't exist for most of it so most of my knowledge/experiences drew from the original five games**). Generally it was the characters I made for the campaign that fit the mold (Hikaru and Johan were deliberately modeled after Adol and Dogi).

I'm really not sure what Miranda should sound like because having a squeaky voice isn't right. I think she has a rather deep voice like a classic jazz lounge singer type. The whole Magical Girl thing is deliberatley contrarian to her true self (as in her career path is at odds at what she really should be doing with her life, like as a young girl she was sort of 'brainwashed' by the system into thinking she wanted this stuff she has. It's a big reason why a lot of characters talk down her because her current life is a big lie and they don't respect that) although I haven't really done anything about that.

Abolisher looks pretty much identical to the splash screen art. Whether that's really a good thing or not is a different question, but I never liked that crappy Naga model. I had to do some fancy editting to rig the tentacles onto him.

** Pretty much entirely the reason why I didn't think to use Zava because until Origin came out she'd never had any sort of importance in any adaptation of the story despite existing since the original Ys 2. Back then she was no more of a stand-out than Jenocres.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

I have a few new findings, suggestions and comments
General:
New Abolisher looks rather nice, although he is much smaller than what I expect. Jenna's 'crown' looks like Sun Wukong's circlet, which is not too nice.
Sorana's Chain of Frost does not mention damage reduction on secondary targets. Level 3 deal 150 damage to secondary target instead of 200.
Why Neo Arcadia's turtles are called Goblin Submarine? They are living turtles (count as organic units and leave corpses), which is unlikely to be goblin-piloted.
Book 5, Secret Level: Kagero Clan Remnants is too numerous in my opinion (if Panther Riders and Sentinels are part of the clan pre-disband), and their heroes should have dialogues with Kurumi and Kevin if they are not too numerous that one don't know evey other members.
There should be more dialogues
Level 8-1 Book 4: I dont know why abilities target are described on tooltip as 'on friendly/enemy units' (plural) but when I cast it, it chooses one random target in case of Cantrip of Death, Earth, Water, while Cantrip of Fire only cast Breath of Fire on one direction.
Level 1 Book 5: In NGP playthrough, Zule do not have Ziel's sword (I have not tested if he had it in the newest version yet, but that problem existed in older versions)
Level 4 Book 5: There should be an explanation for the disappearance of Nighthawk Assassins, although it is hard to make it only trigger if Gunther is chosen in my opinion.
Level 5 Book 5: Those Pillars (in my attached pictures) are not Sealed Gates.
Also, since I am still midway through Level 5 Book 5, I would expect Razlia not being General Grievous, because he has no reason to look like that droid.
ED1: he is not. Also, is his new model a shivarra?
ED2: After Tarantunes boss fight, the golem in the throne room do not react when Hikaru took the gem (they used to attack Hikaru).