Favorite Boss? (Obvious spoilers)

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Who is your favorite major boss from book 1-5?

Prime Minister Kosseimaru
17%
Queen Arcadia
39%
Cinder
No votes
Sorana (Book 4)
22%
Nargul the Puppetmaster
6%
Razlia
No votes
Clench the Cogmaster
6%
Lord Gunther
6%
Other (State in your reply)
6%

Total votes: 18

Drew
Terran Refinery Attendant

Re: Favorite Boss? (Obvious spoilers)

Post by Drew »

Blake wrote:
Hatori-san wrote: Well, Shyron was a bit too easy. If she casts Starfall ---> Death and Decay. That would be enough to finish her off.

I played that level just now and finally managed to beat her. Took me about a dozen tries or so, but I can't ever recall her casting starfall when I was attempting to beat her awhile back, she would always attack my heroes head-on and kill one of them within 15 or so seconds...
If I remember correctly, there's a trick to getting a computer controlled character such as Shyron to cast starfall.  First you have to surround her with enough targets to make it worth her effort to cast starfall (at least 3 targets, maybe more).  If Shizuka has mirror image, this is a great way to entice Shyron.  Second, you have to inflict actual damage on her to make her cast the spell.  The tricky thing is that Shyron has 100% evasion, and cannot take damage from physical attacks.  But Shyron CAN be damaged by magic such as chain lightning, frost nova, and other spells.  When I do both of these things, Shyron casts Starfall pretty much every time.  I'm not sure about this, but you might also get her to cast Starfall by attacking and damaging the two infernals.
Blake
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Blake »

I still have a hard time getting Shyron to cast starfall, but I found another strategy to defeat her. First off you must kill the 2 infernals than trap Shyron in a corner and surround her by units and make sure to have at least one healing ward in the vicinity...then proceed to cast death and decay on her position....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Blake on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
muaddib
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by muaddib »

i found it quite a nice challenge to face kasumi and nargul  [book 4, final playble chapter] when declining hokuto's aid, due the fact, well, before facing nargul you have to avoid kurumi's health to be fully restored other wise its game over- nargul gets conrol, or ofc, avoid reaching 0 hp..:P
Hatori-san

Post by Hatori-san »

Or the battle against Ziel. Those whirlwind-casting orbs were really annoying.
Drew

Post by Drew »

I found it quite fun to go up against the Campaign Oracle and the Black Dream in Book 5's 'Battle Arena'.  The campaign oracle is so powerful, he could probably slaughter most of my heroes in less than a minute.  I had to use my full knowledge of new game plus, which heroes would work the best against him, and other things in that map such as the fountain of restoration, in order to beat him.  He will always be "a boss to be feared".