Book 3 Feat Question

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Xeth-Ban
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals

Book 3 Feat Question

Post by Xeth-Ban »

Having tried in vain for weeks to figure out how to unlock the Book 3 feat, I turned to the map editor to figure it out. It seems it has something to do with Shizuka wearing some sort of secret bunny girl costume while winning the final map, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it despite having played through the entire WOS campaign twice. I am not asking you to reveal the exact details, but could you perhaps point me towards the map where it is unlocked? This is more or less the only thing I have left to do in this campaign, so its more than a bit frustrating to be unable to figure it out.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Book 3 Feat Question

Post by RazorclawX »

Some of the costume skits in the Book 3 intro sequence change depending on things you did elsewhere in the entire story. It partly has to do with that.

More details:
Spoiler
You basically have to get the Fantasy option and complete certain objectives which changes the skit.

For reference, normally you pick the following choices: Elegant > Grace > Fantasy
Which normally produces a skit where Shizuka refuses to wear what Kasumi gave her. The conditions change it so she wears it instead.

The following conditions have to be met:
- Bought the 60 Journal Page upgrades for Hikaru, Shizuka, and Kurumi... all three of them
- Defeated the 3 'extra' bosses in Book 6:
--- Shizuka in Hikaru's story (the option appears after you beat Book 6 once)
--- Six in Shizuka's story (appears after the Mech Rider is done)
--- Essence of Wrath in Kurumi's story (only appears in Hard mode or after you beat Book 6 once, she always appears)

Alternatively having seen the scene before (obviously a flag you can't set the first time around)

The hard part is probably defeating Shizuka in Hikaru's story since she's not designed to be easy (in fact she kind of cheats), but you can just cheat your way through that if you want

In any case those six conditions change a couple of other things here and there, too, but that's neither here nor there
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Xeth-Ban

Post by Xeth-Ban »

Thank you for the detailed reply!

Hikaru the Zealus with his Divine Shield, Holy Light and Consecration turned out to be very effective against Shizuka, even on Hard mode.

By the way, I noticed that some new items spawned next to Shizuka in the Nexus after I had defeated her as Hikaru. Rewards for beating her? Certainly saved me the trouble of doing the East District for the Deathspike Sceptre again.

I recently fulfilled all the conditions you listed, and like you said, Shizu did indeed wear the bunny suit in the relevant costume skit. This unlocked the Playgirl class, which I assigned to Shizuka in Book 5 New Game Plus. The problem is that she still doesn't wear it in the mission where I am supposed to get the feat. I did a speedrun of all of Book 3 just in case it was just loading its character data from an earlier playthrough, but she is still not wearing it in the relevant mission. She only wears it very briefly in one early Book 3 cinematic, and then mainly sticks with her Demon Hunter and Summoner outfits. Any idea what the problem is?

EDIT: Turns out that while she wears the Jester Costume as usual in the duel, she now wears the bunny suit in the ending cinematic, and so I got the Feat after all. I hope I didn't spend three hours on my Book 3 speedrun for nothing. @_@
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Xeth-Ban wrote: By the way, I noticed that some new items spawned next to Shizuka in the Nexus after I had defeated her as Hikaru. Rewards for beating her? Certainly saved me the trouble of doing the East District for the Deathspike Sceptre again.
Yes. As one of the more obscure things you can do in the game I thought it was a suitable reward (considering you really don't get anything but bragging rights for Feats, although the Book 3 Feat was purposefully made obscure due to some mixed feelings about putting it in in the first place).
Xeth-Ban wrote: EDIT: Turns out that while she wears the Jester Costume as usual in the duel, she now wears the bunny suit in the ending cinematic, and so I got the Feat after all. I hope I didn't spend three hours on my Book 3 speedrun for nothing. @_@
You didn't have to do all that.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future