Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by NovaLan »

RazorclawX wrote:Okay apparently I forgot one more criteria, you have to pass a new flag for beating Book 5. This flag is checked in three of the final levels so it's easier to set this (beat Gunther in Ch8 Part 5, watch the Epilogue, Save a New Game + in Dragon Slayer Arena).
Now that criteria is accomplished, but the real problem is that Shion's Maid outfit dialogue button didn't appear so that I can't get the Extraflag 2, I can only see Shizuka's Maid outfit dialogue button.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

So what I wrote earlier is a little deceptive because the tale actually starts with Kanna.

- Ask Kanna about Shizuka
- Ask Shion about Maid

It got a little muddied here because there was some intermediary dialogue you can get from Shizuka (and I think Ziel) that has nothing to do with checking the flag.

The original purpose of this flag was you get one of Shion's pictures unlocked in Book 6's ending sequence (all six parts have some weird completely random picture unlocked in such a manner, so there were six possible 'random' pictures you could've seen during the ending sequence).
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Well, I successfully unlock them, thanks for your patient reply.

But, it is really, really unable to get the three pages in Ch1 of Book 2. I create a new account and finished this level, and the number of pages is still zero. This level is unlike the level fighting Kosseimaru, we don't have heroes so we can't automatically obtain the pages.

Will you change the ability list in the future? If you will then I will stop retranslating it until the edtion is stable.
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

NovaLan wrote: But, it is really, really unable to get the three pages in Ch1 of Book 2. I create a new account and finished this level, and the number of pages is still zero. This level is unlike the level fighting Kosseimaru, we don't have heroes so we can't automatically obtain the pages.
Maybe there are checks for completion of Book 1 or the Introduction of Book 2?
And I have a question: why did Mana Drain got changed to another skill that do not drain the enemy's mana? I cannot say the same for Life Drain, since the only hero that had the new version - the version that can only transfer health to friendly units - is a reworked class of Miranda as far as my observation goes.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

And I have a question: why did Mana Drain got changed to another skill that do not drain the enemy's mana? I cannot say the same for Life Drain, since the only hero that had the new version - the version that can only transfer health to friendly units - is a reworked class of Miranda as far as my observation goes.
Mana Drain didn't get changed.
But, it is really, really unable to get the three pages in Ch1 of Book 2. I create a new account and finished this level, and the number of pages is still zero. This level is unlike the level fighting Kosseimaru, we don't have heroes so we can't automatically obtain the pages.
You don't have to pick them up. They're manually added and the counter is always going to show zero.
Will you change the ability list in the future? If you will then I will stop retranslating it until the edtion is stable.
Probably not unless I find something I need to add. Adding new things is a major pain in the ass if it doesn't use the default spell logic.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

RazorclawX wrote: Mana Drain didn't get changed.
What I meant was that Mana Drain got replaced by Mana Transfusion, at least for Tanya, and I was asking for the reason of that change. My bad.
ED1: Kosseimaru's Raise Dead hotkey is R, conflicting with the Raise Dead ability - again. Kanna's Healing Ward tooltip do not display the correct mana cost, and the Volt Wave tooltip do not display the damage of the dispel (it should be 100 according to the changelog you posted) - like the tooltip of Destroyer's Devour Magic, Priest's Dispel Magic or Shaman's Purge, for consistency. I think I will have to list that down as I play.
ED2: was it intentional that you allow Ghouls from Kosseimaru's level 4 Raise Dead summons to harvest lumber? And do Skeletal Mastery's anti-dispel damage upgrade affect Kosseimaru's summons?
ED3: Volt Wave occasionaly crash the game by itself, or when dispelling certain buffs or units - I mean I do not know the exact reason for crashing.
Last edited by SilverGauntlet on Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I'm pretty sure she always had that. I didn't change her (her Lv.6 Ult is still as useless as always). I was thinking of altering something about her, but she's really just supposed to be a healbot.

================

In other news the new War3 PTR went up today. Pretty big Necromancer change there. Dev stated that the new Unholy Frenzy is a brand new spell. If it makes it live it'll surely differentiate my new Nerubian Necromancer flavor further (currently their Cripple is replaced with a web wrap-type Cyclone spell).

One of the things I really wanted to do was differentiate the Nerubian ttech tree from the standard Undead tree so that included stuff like:

- Warriors having Burrow Charge
- Catapult Spiders leaving a corpse and generating spiders like Brood Lords
- Necromancers having a web wrap spell instead of Cripple
- No general reliance on Disease Cloud

What didn't make the cut was the Guardians leaving behind two smaller spider golems or Warriors dropping something other than Spiderlings upon death (losing Warriors oddly would make your wood production skyrocket). I was half considering making swarming units like this their thing.

I tested the new Catapult Spiders against the Lizardmen in Book 5 Ch.8, making nothing but 8 Catapult Spiders and 2 Obsidian Statues to attack their base. The Lizardmen still won even though they were getting swarmed big time (they still knew to go after the Catapults).
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SilverGauntlet wrote:ED3: Volt Wave occasionaly crash the game by itself, or when dispelling certain buffs or units - I mean I do not know the exact reason for crashing.
I realized I made a really big mistake with this. It's the same thing I fixed with Cleave and its possible recursive damage. This is doing the exact same thing. Basically what's happening is Warcraft 3 is running an infinite loop so the game crashes.
ED2: was it intentional that you allow Ghouls from Kosseimaru's level 4 Raise Dead summons to harvest lumber? And do Skeletal Mastery's anti-dispel damage upgrade affect Kosseimaru's summons?
They're the same exact Ghouls. I don't think they were ever counted as Summoned units in the first place.

ED: What I think I'm going to do is revert Volt Wave back to its original behavior and make it a line Purge. Although this time around I know how to scale its damage per ability level so it won't be blatantly as overpowered as it was originally.

ED2: Fixing this is crappy having to go into every map where it's used/potentially used.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 4/25/19

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* General: Removed Seal of Oracles from all player characters. The way it functions works entirely different in every campaign and there's honestly no real use for it as a player as you can't use it on almost anything; Soul Power is almost always more useful in most situations.
* Fixed Models: Fixed Cold Wraith portrait and removed blood from death.
* Updated Abilities: Changed Volt Wave spell logic back to its original form to fix an infinite loop bug; Summoned unit damage now scales according to ability level and the dispel is Purge-based instead of trigger-based. Fixed mana cost description for Healing Ward. Fixed Purge (Hero ability) missing its buff at higher levels. Changed hotkey for Kosseimaru's Raise Dead and Free Mode Summon Chaos Sentinel. Removed any line about Greater Dark Minions from Disruption Web; you can't generate those.
* Book 2, Chapter 1: Changed tally for the Wanderer's Journal; you always get 3 Journal Pages for completing the stage.
* Book 3, Chapter 3: Reduced cost of Volt Wave and War Stomp for Bannon further. It's more fun that way.
* Book 4, General: Nekurow is no longer classed as Undead. Fixed Chaos Sentinel using the wrong Taunt.
* Book 5, General: Fixed Chaos Sentinel using the wrong Taunt.
* Book 5, Secret Level 2: Zule and Kosseimaru now have Summon Corpse. Kosseimaru now has Sunstroke for an Ultimate.
* Book 6, General: Kosseimaru now has Create Corpse.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

I have played 4 levels of Book 1 and I have to admit the new movesets are really fun.

All the things below are just some suggestions and minor problems, some of them are not necessarily to be changed.
1. Hikaru's chaos lord is the only one class lacking healing ability, maybe can add his extra holy light back.
2. Well, I guess activating cutscenes will remove summoned units, but losing the mighty Chaos sentinel is a pity. By the way you should change the chaos sentinel in Ch1, since it is based on the Epilogue of Book 2.
3. Using Charge can push the enemy into somewhere unable to arrive, like into the river ... (that's okay, others may not be as boring as me)
4. Since Tanya's Mana Drain get replaced by the Mana Transfusion she is more crappy ... And we still can't hire units from the Mercenary Camp in secret level. (Turing the farms to our side is a way)
5. If choose 3P or 4P for Ziel, his portrait of Twister Form has hood and cape, which his human form portrait doesn't have.
6. The name of the archers (belong to us) in our base of Ch1 is Campaign Elf, is that the name she should be? The dialogue of the spider trader of Ch2 doesn't show his name when talked to him, don't know if that's intentional.
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

Apparently, Volt Wave crash the game when hitting Water Elementals in both old and new version - found out at level 5 Book 1. Maybe I did not know this is the case in level 4 Book 1 because Volt Wave hit the elemental as soon as it is summoned and the large number of both land and air units block my sight when attacking the main Zande base, so I can't see it clearly.
ED: Level 4 Book 1 do have Water Elementals from the Priestess of the Tides. I tested again, and the game crashed right before the Volt Wave hit it.
ED2: Chapter 6, in Kanna's speech to the Arcadian Army, there is a tiny spelling mistake. Instead of 'the despair of chaos and destruction', it is 'the dispair of chaos and destruction'.
ED3: Some buildings are repaired faster than others in level 6 Book 1 - like the Nerubian Ziggurat. Also sometimes units and heroes have a corpse underneath them - in many levels. Also, having Undead heroes in level 6 (Book 1) capped at level 10 is rather unfair to me.
Well, let's say I let them got to level 10 in an older version, and I doubted that it is changed.
Anyway, are the spiders spawned from Spider Catapults' attacks sufficient to replace the worker Spiderlings?
ED4: I do not know if you considered deleting/changing Nekurow Lavalord's Regen Aura, because it feels obsolete - the aura only affect the Lavalord itself (Slam can still slow the Kraken and the Hydra, so it is still more useful than that)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SilverGauntlet on Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

That's pretty interesting about the Water Elementals. That spell isn't commonly used in the campaign so it may be easier to just change it to something else if that's the only spell it's tripping over. I'm going to have to test this a bit more.

The thing is Summon Water Elemental is different from most other summons in that the Water Elemental goes through the motions of its birth animation before it does anything. Almost no other summoning spell does that (Feral Spirit and Watery Minion, which are far more common in the campaign, have the units active instantly. Inferno does do the birth animation thing, but just about everything summoned with it is Spell Immune so they couldn't take the Summoned damage in the first place)

Actually, no that's not true; Nekurow's Juggernaut is not Spell Immune, although I'm not sure I should be counting on anyone being able to catch that with Volt Wave (that requires almost superhuman reflexes).

But let's be honest, I had to change the spell anyway because of the infinite loop it could caused.

ED: Sure enough it's okay with Watery Minion, but not Summon Water Elemental.

ED2: Actually this seems to be MUCH worse. It crashes against most Summoned units in general and it's entirely because of the Summoned Unit damage. The game is actually okay with the dispelling part, but not the damage component. This seems to also trigger the infinite loop problem from before.

ED3: Easiest way to deal with this is to just only let it dispel. The Damage System I'm using isn't supposed to be having this problem since the dummy caster isn't supposed to be counted.

ED4: Found a way to get everything to work, although that means I have to go back and fix all the Volt Wave triggers again. Although... all things considered, I think perhaps it doing the extra damage wasn't even necessary in the first place.
3. Using Charge can push the enemy into somewhere unable to arrive, like into the river ... (that's okay, others may not be as boring as me)
That was always the danger of putting in an ability like that.
Anyway, are the spiders spawned from Spider Catapults' attacks sufficient to replace the worker Spiderlings?
I think their vanilla attack stats are identical.

ED5: I think I found out which units are leaving the stray corpses-- both male Satyr units and the Nerubian Warrior. We'll see if that fixes that.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 4/26/19

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* Fixed Models: Nerubian Warrior, Satyr, and Satyr Shadowdancer should no longer leave stray corpses on other units. Corrupted Treants are properly labeled to not wait for a Decay animation to remove them.
* Updated Abilities: Volt Wave should no longer crash the game.
* Book 1, 2 General: Changed Kosseimaru's Raise Dead list into a more progressive and consistent power gain (no Frost Wyrms at Lv.10 anymore, it will always be Soul Reapers) and added checks to modify it based on whether you tech for Skeletal Mastery and Skeleton Longevity. Special units raised by Kosseimaru will check against his Raised Limit before attempting to replace his regular Skeleton Warriors, therefore any Raised units following the limit will simply spawn a Skeleton Warrior instead of nothing (due to Raise Dead summoning two units at once, occasionally Kosseimaru will be able to summon an extra unit over the limit, but since the limit isn't documented I'm okay with this). Fixed Ziel's 3rd and 4th class Twister forms using the wrong model.
* Book 1, General: Fixed the Build and Repair times on the Nerubian Ziggurat and Royal Obelisk.
* Book 1, Chapter 1: Reverted Chaos Sentinel to its default values. Changed Ownership of Campaign Elves so they won't go to the player.
* Book 1, Chapter 2: Fixed the trader NPC's missing name.
* Book 1, Secret Level 1: You gain 30 free Food resource for which to hire Mercenaries once you find Tanya.
* Book 1, Chapter 5: Disabled enemy Hero Ultimate abilities and certain normal abilities so they won't annoy you as much with your own choices.
* Book 1, Chapter 6: Fixed a typo in Kanna's speech. Enforce level cap on all NPC Heroes on the map depending on difficulty. Nekurow Lavalord has Endurance Aura instead of Regeneration Aura.
* Book 2, Chapter 5: Priestess of the Waves has Watery Minion instead of Summon Lava Spawn (I don't know, either).
* Book 3, Chapter 3: Bannon's Volt Wave will do extra damage to Chaos Legion units.
* Book 6, South District: Magma Serpents now have Resistant Skin.
-- Razorclaw X
SilverGauntlet
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SilverGauntlet »

Book 2 Chapter 2: Scaldar said that Warriors are backed by Webspinners. But starting ranged units of that level are actually two Warmages.
Frenzied Ghouls (level 8 summons of Kosseimaru) leave corpses and cannot be destroyed by Dark Ritual.
Shion's Carrion Swarm and Cripple have the same hotkeys.
Ziel's Twister Form tooltip said that he can fly, which you did not allow him to, or the Twister is a ground unit now. My suggestion for this tooltip would be 'Transform into a Twister, increasing attack speed and movement speed' - he run faster in Twister form.
And Volt Wave do not crash the game anymore.
ED1: In chapter 3-1 Book 2, summoned units like Jormungar stops the advance of the caravan when blocking a wagon.
ED2: In chapter 6 Book 2, should have added 'Shion must survive' when Kosseimaru's arc begin, as he is not a hero.
ED3: Well, it said that the Ghoul had the Resistant Skin. I think there are a few ways to fix this, or leave that be since there are other skeletons from Shion and Necromancers. It can be a fair trade off since the ghouls the 25% bash, which is very powerful when they surround a single target.
And the Spitting Spiders are available in level 7-1 Book 2 although there is no way to train them. Maybe they can be replaced by Webspinners?
ED4: I realized that the Kosseimaru tip about Raise Dead should be moved to level 4 book 1, because that is the first level Kosseimaru is playable. Also the part that Hikaru telling Mizuki to get some clothes on is... well, out of place at the very least in this version since Mizuki is having her priestess clothing on. Unless that suggest something I do not understand or Hikaru do not mean that literally.
ED5: That part is the cutscene after Mizuki's soul is brought back to the Circle of Power in Chapter 7-1 Book 2. Forgot to mention that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SilverGauntlet on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 9 times in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Frenzied Ghouls (level 8 summons of Kosseimaru) leave corpses and cannot be destroyed by Dark Ritual.
I think the Dark Ritual thing is a consequence of them having Resistant Skin because they are properly flagged as Undead. Funny thing is that's never come up as an issue before. If that's what's stopping it I can at least get around it since Nekurow and Kosseimaru are never on the same map together (heck, Nekurow is missing for the entire Book 2).

Them leaving corpses is a hilarious oversight, but to be fair they ARE brand new units and the Army of the Dead spell didn't leave corpses of them anyway.

ED:
Also the part that Hikaru telling Mizuki to get some clothes on is... well, out of place at the very least
I can't find the dialogue for this.

ED2: Thanks. That needed to be changed since originally she was wearing a fugly 2-piece (Shizuka and Mizuki originally had outfits based off Phacia and Royce from Lunar for no real reason; you can still see Shizuka's in the Book 3 intro if you were curious).
-- Razorclaw X