Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by RazorclawX »

I haven't playtested Book 6 lately. I went on vacation and devoted more of my time to WoW because of the holiday achievements.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Blake
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Post by Blake »

I was wondering what were some of the things which served as inspirations for book 2, I mean both the missions and the overall story there...
Last edited by Blake on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I can't say anything in particular. I assume you were referring to the fact that Book 1 was based somewhat around Magic Knight Rayearth.

I suppose the prevailing idea behind it was how one could possibly make an Army of the Dead into a force of good (in retrospect I should've looked into Norse mythology for that inspiration).
Last edited by RazorclawX on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
Blake

Post by Blake »

I noticed that Nara is referred to as being "soulless" on numerous occasions, is this done to imply that shadow-weavers are soulless or am I missing something?
muaddib
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by muaddib »

stumbled into a web site that caught my attention: Ys online.seems to be country or continent limited to play it.
i assume you played it  , or perhapse downloaded some of the themes to the wos campaign?

regarding WOS and Y's a few questions:
1]was dalles in both cases a servant of [lord] darm?
2]in Y's, was darm a sort of a demon or any other entity within [or outside] of the black pearl?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

muaddib wrote: stumbled into a web site that caught my attention: Ys online.seems to be country or continent limited to play it.
i assume you played it  , or perhapse downloaded some of the themes to the wos campaign?

regarding WOS and Y's a few questions:
1]was dalles in both cases a servant of [lord] darm?
2]in Y's, was darm a sort of a demon or any other entity within [or outside] of the black pearl?

I have never played Ys Online.

1. When he appears in Ys II he is Darm's chief lieutenant.

2. The short of it is Darm was the manifestation of the evil in the Black Pearl.
-- Razorclaw X
Davzz
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Davzz »

Got a couple of comments both story and gameplay.

1) Is Ebon's infernals not dying when you kill her in Book 2 Family Reunion intentional? They used to die when that happened and it makes the mission a lot harder despite the changes to it. Against her in Book 4 I believe they die properly when she is killed.

2) According to the data for World Edit, Shizuka seems to be set up to have a huntress Bounce attack in her Demon Hunter class for Book 3 - 5, but the missle type isn't set to Missile (Bounce) so I think it doesn't work.

3) If Kevin was freed by Dalles from being encased in ice by Zule and sent to Sorceria by him, why does he show up on the side of Razlia whom Dalles said was a traitor to the Dragon Slayers and had to be eliminated etc anyway. Was he infected or something long ago and only when he was sent to Sorceria did Razlia decide to take control? I kind of wished he would fight by Shizuka's side until the end.

4) Will you be nerfing the metal plague units in Book 6 or at least make a lot more spells be able to hit mechanical units? It's really frustrating that most of your abilities are useless against them, even things like Fan of Knives or Wind Wave which has no logical reason not to be able to affect them.
Last edited by Davzz on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

1. I don't think the infernals dying when she died was intentional.

2. It was something I never got to work right back then and now for that matter.

3. He was infected by Razlia from the beginning; in fact he was the primary carrier that sparked the rise of the Invaders. In essence, Dalles seriously underestimated just how powerful Razlia was.

4. Probably, if I get all of it.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I made only one real change to the final battle, and it really should ramp up the difficulty quite a bit. Otherwise it's pretty much exactly the same, and you can still make him run out of mana.
-- Razorclaw X
shad0whunter
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by shad0whunter »

Hey there, registered just to report this:

In book 4, the Madoshi Strike level (where you play as Kanna), Shion seems to have no ability to destroy trees (as in, none of his abilities can), therefore making the level impossible to complete. There is a similar occurance back in book 1 (can't remember the level name, the one where you battle Shyron at the end), but I had assumed it was just a typo since both Hikaru and Kosseimaru's ultimates could compensate for it. I downloaded book 4 about a week ago and am playing on version 1.24b (not sure if it used to work in previous versions since this is the first time I'm playing it).

Great work on the gameplay and storyline though, been lovin' it.
Sokaaa
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by Sokaaa »

You have to "force attack". That is use the "attack" button or press the "A" key and click that way. The normal Right click does not work.
shad0whunter

Post by shad0whunter »

Thanks. Seems a little underwhelming, though... when he says, "let me use my power..", one kind of assumes that he's going to at least smash trees with style, not to mention that with the huge amount of trees in the level, it'll be time-consuming to force attack them one by one. Dunno if this issue has been raised before, but it might be easier to mention this in a tip or quest detail. Or give him an AoE ability that can destroy trees, or make his Rain of Fire affect trees.. anyway, thanks again for the quick reply, and sorry if it's been clearly stated in-mission and I missed it somehow.
muaddib

Post by muaddib »

well i replayed book 6, and reached kurumi's story line, including the shooting option.
well no idea if it was the order of entering zones or affection, or who knows what else,but this time i encountered a chapter i ahvent before- facing rhea.
quite a fun fight it was with the fighting pattern, ditto the rest of the boss fights, truelly enjoyble with the fighting pattern that looks like of Ys series' boss fights, so, job well done once more RCX and the gang ^^
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Finally had some time to sit down and do some art I meant to do.
-- Razorclaw X
Davzz

Post by Davzz »

Hey RCX, I found a minor bug if you ever wanted to go back to Book 3-5 and fix stuff up again. Either that or maybe fix it for Book 6.

Kurumi's Summoner class is supposed to have a range of 700, but because her acquistion range is set to 500, her actual range in-game is only 500. Her gunner class sort of has the same problem with acquistion range but its range of 450 does work properly in game.

And after hours of dicking around with stuff I've finally figured out the bizarre reason as to why Shizuka's Demon Hunter bounce attack doesn't work right. Other than the Missle type (which should be MIssle (Bounce)), the unit editor in the Campaign Editor does not work properly.

The "maximum number of targets" field is bugged and does not work. You basically have to set the number to something else and then go into the individual maps themselves to set the number to the correct amount (e.g 1 and 2 respectively) to have Bouncing Attack work. The number should basically be in purple rather than blue.

It's a real pain in the ass to do this for every map though.