Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Spiderking
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by Spiderking »

I see,  :'( another great story comes to an end. I must say though Scaldar made me have a love for Nerubians and since then this has been my account for quite a few forums  ;D Well I can't wait
This message is brought to by the Infrequent Posters Union.
SantaBla
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SantaBla »

I'm kind of sad too to know that my favourite wc3 campaign is coming to an end. :'(
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

All good stories come to an end, you know.  I'm just glad I was able to keep up with the story and enjoy every moment of it.  I've been playing this since Book 2 first came out, but I've never taken the liberty to register and post in both the old forum or this one.  So this is my way of expressing my gratitude to RazorclawX.  Thanks for the great campaign and an awesome story, it's been many fantastic years since this campaign started, and I've enjoyed every moment of the campaign. 
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

RCX never disappoints with his work, when WoS book 6 (I thought there would only be 4 books lol) comes out we can finally have closure to the grand story he made.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SantaBla
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SantaBla »

However, I still find the battle versus Kosseimaru in Book 1 hard... Why did you give him invulnerable shield? It takes way too long to kill him and it gets very boring.

Second, you said previously that there were upgrades for the last aos mission in book 3. Well I tried that mission so many times without success since the enemy units were much stronger and your units that you control cannot be upgraded.

A little question,
Are you planning to make a starcraft 2 campaign by any chance?

Also, as I looked on the official site, it states that Kasumi is the youngest member of the Kagero female ninja team. She's 16 but Kurumi is 15 and she's also part of the Kagero female ninja team. I don't really understand.
Last edited by SantaBla on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

SantaBla wrote: However, I still find the battle versus Kosseimaru in Book 1 hard... Why did you give him invulnerable shield? It takes way too long to kill him and it gets very boring.

Second, you said previously that there were upgrades for the last aos mission in book 3. Well I tried that mission so many times without success since the enemy units were much stronger and your units that you control cannot be upgraded.

A little question,
Are you planning to make a starcraft 2 campaign by any chance?

Also, as I looked on the official site, it states that Kasumi is the youngest member of the Kagero female ninja team. She's 16 but Kurumi is 15 and she's also part of the Kagero female ninja team. I don't really understand.
I'd bet on RCX doing a SC2 campaign
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Kurumi was made after I became dissatisfied with Kasumi (and I ended up not following through on what I had planned for her because it was just too stupid). Where Kasumi was blatently supposed to be a moronic anime stereotype which Shizuka and Ziel were supposed to beat up all the time just for being a moron, Kurumi was designed more to be a shy adventurer who secretly wants to be the center of attention, which I find I can write better than a total moron.

And yeah, I always did have Kasumi's secret in mind when I designed her. The only reason she did carry it around because she really is a moron and the whole scenario was a game to her-- it never crossed her mind that she could really hurt someone with what she was doing.

Shizuka, being the cruel bastard that she is, doesn't put up with that kind of crap, so in a sense Kurumi is the better, more rational half of the team.

Kurumi's age isn't a mistake; it was chosen for a reason that'll be revealed in Book 6 (the character ages WILL matter; it wasn't made up at random or to conform to some silly anime-ish idea of teenagers saving the world).

-----------------

Overall, other than the parts dealing with Scaldar and Yue Fang, I liked Book 3 the least.

Scaldar is an interesting case in that, with the lack of information about the Nerubians, is what I would imagine to be an exceptional Nerubian hero. In spite of the Nerubians' xenophobic nature you have this guy who studies his opponents in order to get insight into how to defeat them (or negotiate with them, as the case may be). As a war commander he's also a better planner, seeing how that wiping out everything in the Army of the Dead's path is probably not in the best long-term interests of the Corona Kingdom.

His final battle in Book 5 was one which I tweaked many, many times because Scaldar was just too damn powerful, which is why I had to buff up the boss in so many weird ways while trying to stay consistent with the character. The Bubble-Hearth technique, of course, is lifted off of World of Warcraft, where such a tactic earned Paladins the cowardly status in PvP.

Yue Fang, on the other hand, is more or less the embodient of what it means to become a Dreamer in Purgatory. Her character originally began as an unusually-powerful custom character in Romance of the Three Kingdoms VII, starting with both high war abilities and intelligence, and having the ever-so-wonderful Invention skill (but she didn't have the Duel skill, the hallmark of true warriors in the game).  In essence, in that game she was a genius tactician as well as a field commander, combined with the ability to make weird devices to assist in such warfare. All of these traits are what make up her character in the campaign.

For Yue Fang, she is essentially living out her fantasy-- of living through a warped version of the Three Kingdoms story. Her ultimate goal, of course, was to win the Battle of the Red Cliffs using her superior mind and foreknowledge of the events to her advantage. Of course, her rival, Zule Whitemane, was very aware of Yue Fang's obsession, and managed to use it against her by altering the variables to his own advantage while goading her into falling into a variation of the same traps as in the historical story. It was no accident that Zule arranged for Yue Fang to make these steps and fail. Yue Fang's exact relationship with Zule will be revealed in Book 6.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Thadeu
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Help

Post by Thadeu »

I think you could make phases that nor in the book 5, with alliance and etc. it was the best book this I finish. I don't get to liberate her finishes secret mission. I already rescued the 40npc, I already defeated second BOSS. Somebody can help myself, and to speak as unlocking that phase, and like her it is:] .
e alias, quando o livro 6 vai estar pronto?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I looked-up the exact requirements to get the Book 5 secret level:

- Watch the Prince Galar retreat scene in Book 4 (you must not have accepted Hokuto's help, and you must find Prince Galar)
- Cleanse the Faerie Grove in the Tribes mission by wiping-out Prince Galar's base and refusing to bribe them
- You must rescue all 40 people from the flood
- Defeat Clench the Cogmaster
-- Razorclaw X
Frostcaller
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by Frostcaller »

Will you have the Varestine Castle music in ur book 6? It sounds good.

Just curious, how many ys did u play? I just played the one oath in felghana and its really nice game.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I don't plan to use Valestine Castle in Book 6. The four main zones are going to primarly use music from Ys Origin.
-- Razorclaw X
Frostcaller

Post by Frostcaller »

Ys origin i thought its the last ys, so WOS book 6 is the end?
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

RazorclawX wrote: Book 6 is the last one.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I've been having problems wanting to do things lately. I know exactly what needs to be done but I don't feel like doing it.
-- Razorclaw X
vlad_k

Post by vlad_k »

hey i played all 5 books(im about to finish the 5th)
and it's great and well made...i must say,when i started playing it i didn't think it would be so good..

so.....is there a release date for the 6th book?