Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by RazorclawX »

Everything should be playable unless I missed something. Probably going to have to fix some other things later.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
verb8im
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by verb8im »

RazorclawX wrote:Okay I didn't realize that Blizzard pushed the patch out already. I'm going to have to fix this now. Give me a week or at least a weekend. I was planning to push out something else with this, but it's not ready.

About difficulties, yes, it does make a difference. Easy does give out more Heroes. It's just that there's also a long-standing bug with the Campaigns that it doesn't save the difficulty whenever you do map transitions so it always defaults back to Normal difficulty. The only way around that is to keep changing it back to Easy every time (annoying, yes)
What other heroes do you get? I know you get Higure on the level in Book 1 where your defending against the Zande playing as Arcadia, but what else?

Also, couldn't you add a dialogue box to the beginning of each mission to set the difficulty, like some custom campaigns do? I don't know how difficult it would be though
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

verb8im wrote:What other heroes do you get? I know you get Higure on the level in Book 1 where your defending against the Zande playing as Arcadia, but what else?

Also, couldn't you add a dialogue box to the beginning of each mission to set the difficulty, like some custom campaigns do? I don't know how difficult it would be though
Tendaro shows up in another level.

The problem with that is it would not catch the changes in AI difficulty which are done based on the Blizzard setting. Even if it were added in at the start of the level the AI would have to be redone.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I'm weighing whether to redo the class selection scheme into something smarter than a list.

ED: Finished changing it for Book 4. That was remarkably easy since there's absolutely no action going on. Book 1 is where the real problem is.

You can now at least look at what abilities each Hero Class has, if not being able to cast it (none of the abilities are actually scripted in that map, although there's also nothing you can 'test dummy' on it either so you couldn't cast most of them anyway)
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Updated 4/14

* : Book 1 Hero Selection improved. You can now see what abilities each Hero has. Select the Intro in order to access it. All selectable campaign Hero Classes are done at once for anyone who beat Book 1 at least once.
* : Added back the class for Shizuka for achieving the Feat of Strength 'Solidarity' (and hence all the 'Solidarity' story sequence makes sense again). Added a new Hero Class for Kurumi.
* : Hero Class Revival Hotkeys made universal per character
* : Book 3: Losing a Summoner Duel in the tournament has its penalty changed to only affect the Duel Hero alone. Each duel lost gives a different penalty costume. Consequently, you can now Forfeit a duel if you want to humiliate Shizuka (requires beating Book 2).
* : Book 3: Fixed potential crash from one of Shizuka's extra models
* : Book 4 Hero Selection improved. You can now see what abilities each Hero has. Select the Intro in order to access it.
* : Book 5 Lizardmen received model updates (Gluma Lizardmen). Vindicators now have a training Hotkey as expected. Stats of all Lizardmen units changed (more like nerfed).
* : Book 5: Hikaru's Secret Class now deals Chaos damage along with the other Classes as intended.
-- Razorclaw X
HolyDemon
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by HolyDemon »

Im curious, what are the secret classes? Are they Lord of Chaos (Hikaru), Loli Candy (Shizuka), Succubus (Kurumi)? If not, how do I unlock them?
SlfTh3Chl3f
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

On Book 1, Chapter 2 Part 1 The crypt fiends cost no food when unburrowed and 3 food when burrowed.
SlfTh3Chl3f

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

On Book 1 Chapter 2 part 2, when the starting bridge is removed, heroes can still climb the walls. Also a minor spelling error, when the cinematic starts in shion's sanctum, the soul reaper says premesis instead of premises.
SlfTh3Chl3f

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

On Book 2 Chapter 3 Part 1, the pit lord Bruttilus tries to reach the end of the stage when he gets revived reincarnated, instead of fighting.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:On Book 2 Chapter 3 Part 1, the pit lord Bruttilus tries to reach the end of the stage when he gets revived reincarnated, instead of fighting.
That's one of those things I never could figure out (a lot of units do weird things when they Reincarnate with no AI running), although to be honest the easy fix for that would be to remove Reincarnation.
-- Razorclaw X
SlfTh3Chl3f

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

In book 6, Lord Shivak's infernals can't attack.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:In book 6, Lord Shivak's infernals can't attack.
They're not meant to. Think of them as giant oversized wards.
-- Razorclaw X
JackMonty

Post by JackMonty »

Hi,

I've been playing through the campaigns (up to book 4 so far) and am really enjoying them.

However I updated Warcraft III to v1.30 the other day and I just wanted to check before I continue if all the campaigns will still work with version 1.30?

I'm using all the latest ones updated for v1.29 and they seem fine so far... if you could let me know please.

Thanks for the great campaigns!
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I haven't tried it with 1.30 myself, but I see no reason why they shouldn't work.
-- Razorclaw X