Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Chimto
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by Chimto »

In book 1, the Tinker class doesn't load properly between chapters 1 and 2 in NG+ (at the start of part 2 of chapter 2, both Pocket Factory and Cluster Rockets start off unlearned, and can't be learned since for some reason no spare skill points are available).
SlfTh3Chl3f
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals
Fired! Blocking the entrance with a “supply fort” is an inappropriate use of company minerals

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

Some problems with book 4 chapter 5.

If you've destroyed a juggernaught before activating the 'blockade' side quest, it doesn't count towards its completion.Since there are 5 of them, if you destroy one before activating the side quest, the side quest becomes impossible to complete.

The achievement 'lobstercaft' doesn't register, even though i've summoned 30 vektra prawns. Probably the same bug as blade barriers.

Edit: I also have another question. On the extra stage of book 3, how am i supposed to get the feat of strength? I managed to beat it with summoning just one monster and without summoning allies or magic and i still didn't get a feat of strength. ( Since tengu is flying and most of the opponents monsters are not, i kept it on an elevated place where they can't attack it. )
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Chimto wrote:In book 1, the Tinker class doesn't load properly between chapters 1 and 2 in NG+ (at the start of part 2 of chapter 2, both Pocket Factory and Cluster Rockets start off unlearned, and can't be learned since for some reason no spare skill points are available).
I found out it's not actually a problem with the campaign, but with how Warcraft III handles the Tinker upgrades now (Engineering upgrade replaces both Pocket Factory and Cluster Rockets with new abilities with each upgrade). It used to work in older versions, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I might actually have to give him entirely new abilities, will have to think about this a bit.

Actually it could be just easier to get rid of Engineering Upgrade, but who knows.
SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:Some problems with book 4 chapter 5.

If you've destroyed a juggernaught before activating the 'blockade' side quest, it doesn't count towards its completion.Since there are 5 of them, if you destroy one before activating the side quest, the side quest becomes impossible to complete.
Yeah going to have to fix that, the Juggernauts used to respawn for that. I actually fixed a BUG where the computer would just keep rebuilding them, but never adjusted the code to spawn more Juggernauts if there were less than five to compensate for it.
SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:The achievement 'lobstercaft' doesn't register, even though i've summoned 30 vektra prawns. Probably the same bug as blade barriers.
It works. The thing it's counting is the Summoned Vektra Prawns from the Deepseers, not the trained worker units.
SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:Edit: I also have another question. On the extra stage of book 3, how am i supposed to get the feat of strength? I managed to beat it with summoning just one monster and without summoning allies or magic and i still didn't get a feat of strength. ( Since tengu is flying and most of the opponents monsters are not, i kept it on an elevated place where they can't attack it. )
That's not what it is. You shouldn't be able to get it until you do almost everything else in the campaign.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Actually I realize now the Engineering Upgrade thing is going to affect Clench in Book 6, but I'm not sure if anyone would actually miss him in that.

Anyway I just flat out gave Johan the upgraded versions of Pocket Factory and Cluster Rockets, which you would've gotten with Engineering Upgrade anyway. Engineering upgrade got replaced with Fortified Armor. Loading up Chapter 2, Part 2 should immediately fix the problem.
-- Razorclaw X
SlfTh3Chl3f

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

So i found a major bug,some minor bugs and i've got a question.

The major bug is in book 5 chapter 5. After the fight with razlia there's a cinematic where shizuka and hikaru talk to keela. The game crashes during it, when keela says i feel something comforting about you to shizuka. If i try to skip it, the game crashes again.

In book 4 chapter 7, i had the murlocs and zande as allies at one point but they were still enemies to each other.

In book 5 chapter 3 :

a) If you completely destroy an enemy base during the ambush, it doesn't count towards finishing the main quest afterwards, making it unable to finish the stage.

b) Immovable as a mountain only registered if i killed tessai after i had destroyed every enemy base, not just the town halls.

c) Also, more of a request than a bug. Please add a side note on quiet as a forest that flying units aren't allowed and that the chaos citadel counts as a town hall.

In book 5 chapter 4, ground units can walk underwater.

In book 5 , achievements register normally but some of them show that i completed 1-03 early bird cameo instead of the achievement i completed when they popup. 5-05 legacy of the wizard does that, but i don't remember which else did.

My question is, in book 2 chapter 1 (the minigame with deathclaw killing the zande) it shows that there's 3 wanderers journal in that stage, but i've no idea how to acquire them. Am i supposed to do a highscore or something? Those are the only thing i miss from the first two books.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:So i found a major bug,some minor bugs and i've got a question.

The major bug is in book 5 chapter 5. After the fight with razlia there's a cinematic where shizuka and hikaru talk to keela. The game crashes during it, when keela says i feel something comforting about you to shizuka. If i try to skip it, the game crashes again.
I'm not sure why it does that because I've never had it happen (and that part is something I never changed). I'll try to change some things around and maybe that'll fix it for you.
In book 4 chapter 7, i had the murlocs and zande as allies at one point but they were still enemies to each other.
Oversight. Also affects the Satyrs, too.
In book 5 chapter 3 :

a) If you completely destroy an enemy base during the ambush, it doesn't count towards finishing the main quest afterwards, making it unable to finish the stage.

b) Immovable as a mountain only registered if i killed tessai after i had destroyed every enemy base, not just the town halls.

c) Also, more of a request than a bug. Please add a side note on quiet as a forest that flying units aren't allowed and that the chaos citadel counts as a town hall.
a) could not reproduce. Every base I leveled to the ground counted.
b) The wording of the achievement is wrong. It's essentially destroy all four bases and then kill Tessai
c) sending anything beside the ambush units out of the north end of your base is a lose condition for the ambush quest already so there's really no need for that.
In book 5 chapter 4, ground units can walk underwater.
In book 5 , achievements register normally but some of them show that i completed 1-03 early bird cameo instead of the achievement i completed when they popup. 5-05 legacy of the wizard does that, but i don't remember which else did.
Yeah that's just a display error, didn't change some of the triggers which actually display the ping.
My question is, in book 2 chapter 1 (the minigame with deathclaw killing the zande) it shows that there's 3 wanderers journal in that stage, but i've no idea how to acquire them. Am i supposed to do a highscore or something? Those are the only thing i miss from the first two books.
You get them for just beating the stage.
-- Razorclaw X
SlfTh3Chl3f

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

RazorclawX wrote: I'm not sure why it does that because I've never had it happen (and that part is something I never changed). I'll try to change some things around and maybe that'll fix it for you.
Thank you, it works :)
SlfTh3Chl3f

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

Again in book 5 chapter 5 i've encountered a problem. The last mirror to complete the puzzle doesn't appear. Why is that? is it because i've already completed the achievement (even though the game crashed, it seems to have registered the achievements when i played it before you fixed the bug.)

I did complete the stage on easy with cheats to verify that it doesn't crash in the end. Is that why it doesn't appear?

Edit: Hokuto also was offering me a 3rd option. I chose refuse. Don't know if that's relevant.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:Again in book 5 chapter 5 i've encountered a problem. The last mirror to complete the puzzle doesn't appear. Why is that? is it because i've already completed the achievement (even though the game crashed, it seems to have registered the achievements when i played it before you fixed the bug.)
Oh, forgot to remove that part of the Image code. Leaving that part in is catastrophic.
Edit: Hokuto also was offering me a 3rd option. I chose refuse. Don't know if that's relevant.
She won't offer it the first time around.
-- Razorclaw X
SlfTh3Chl3f

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

First of all thanks for the quick fixes.I just finished book 5. I loved it, great job!

I've got another minor bug to report. On book 5 chapter 8 part 2 i received six as a level 10 hero, but he had one less skill point than those need to maximize all skills.

Also i don't know if it's a bug or not, but how many heroes am i supposed to be able to choose to fight bosses in the dragon slayer arena? I was allowed to take 5 and i also got hokuto 'illegaly' by using her teleport skill, which brings them to 6.

Lastly, i wanted to ask, is there any extra content (heroic boss fights etc) in books 4 and 5 in new game plus? I'm asking because there are no achievements for heroic bosses in those books.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:First of all thanks for the quick fixes.I just finished book 5. I loved it, great job!

I've got another minor bug to report. On book 5 chapter 8 part 2 i received six as a level 10 hero, but he had one less skill point than those need to maximize all skills.
Going to have to look at that. Yeah there's some weird legacy code in that level for Six that would screw you over if you didn't set your points a certain way.
SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:Also i don't know if it's a bug or not, but how many heroes am i supposed to be able to choose to fight bosses in the dragon slayer arena? I was allowed to take 5 and i also got hokuto 'illegaly' by using her teleport skill, which brings them to 6.
It means you outsmarted me. Actually I think I always knew that could happen, but she is kind of useless.
SlfTh3Chl3f wrote:Lastly, i wanted to ask, is there any extra content (heroic boss fights etc) in books 4 and 5 in new game plus? I'm asking because there are no achievements for heroic bosses in those books.
There's no Heroic boss fights because by then you're already at Lv.10. There's otherwise a couple of little things here and there (like Hokuto's third option) and some of the later things (mostly Book 6 things) change things in Book 3.
-- Razorclaw X
SlfTh3Chl3f

Post by SlfTh3Chl3f »

So i just discovered another bug. The journal entries on dragonslayers arena are bugged. When you choose something , the second choice doesn't disappear.
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

The music was absent in both the intro to book 1 and in the first chapter cinematics, including after all that is over. And this is the most recent version I downloaded.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Theia_Loki wrote:The music was absent in both the intro to book 1 and in the first chapter cinematics, including after all that is over. And this is the most recent version I downloaded.
Presuming your music isn't off or all the way down I don't see what the problem is. Other than the mp3s dont like your sound drivers. The music for those hasn't changed and they play for me just fine.
-- Razorclaw X
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

RazorclawX wrote: Presuming your music isn't off or all the way down I don't see what the problem is. Other than the mp3s dont like your sound drivers. The music for those hasn't changed and they play for me just fine.
It turns out it was off. Oops.
That's what I get for forgetting to turn the music back on when not participating in SS.