Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by RazorclawX »

It's because of language we have to be patient about this.

Being specific when possible helps a lot.

Re: Miranda. That's an interesting mistake. Turns out I accidentally deleted the camera.

Re: Murlocs. I noticed a while ago that the Murlocs were using a different file path than any of the other campaigns, and now I understand why that was a problem. They're supposed to be using the existing Murloc portraits, but the way they're set up now they aren't actually replacing the old Murloc models.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Some feedbacks:
Book2:In Fight Dragon,Shizuka only has 8 options of class(can't choose Harlequin,which can only be chosen in Book1's prologue).Names of some classes need to be revised too.
Book5:In Nightmare King,Surtur the Dynamite becomes a Neutral unit so Azorbian Army killed him when the chapter just started...
In Battle of Red Cliff,I suppose the Murlocs should belong to Piscosis Tribe instead of Krivilla Tribe? Krivilla Tribe is on the northern land if I don't mistake.
About the load problem of Dragon Slayer Arena...my bad,the problem doesn't exist,my brain must have gone wrong at the time...

Questions about the plot:
1.Which six people are the new generation of six Priests? Shizuka(soul),Abolisher(eye),Yue Fang(sword),Scaldar(armor),Kurumi(shield),who is the last one? I saw the title of the sky stage was Dragon Wings, who exactly is that 'wings' ? (Is that Hikaru?)
2.Is Johan really a Sorcerian? If I don't mistake,in the first chapter Johan asked Hikaru what are Sorcerians,but in Book3 Hikaru told Six Johan was one of the Sorcerians.
3.In Temple of the dragon king,when facing Keela,why Deathclaw didn't show up and Shizuka didn't say she was Sagila's host?
4.Maybe it has nothing to do with the plot...I just want to know if Hikaru's parents know their long-lost daughter is found :joy: :joy: :joy:
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

1. Hikaru
2. Yes, he is. He hadn't heard of the legend is all (they don't know by default).
3. Deathclaw tends to stay quiet when there's too many people around.
4. They don't. As far as they know she's dead.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Book6: In Shadow Weavers,there are reference to Nara in the introduction(when loading the map)
I guess that's all the problems I can find for now. Anyway, thanks for your timely replies these days. You are the most perseverant campaign creator I've ever known. Hope I can play WOS in Remastered Warcraft in the future. I'll retranslate the newest version in due course.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Well I found a way to add Jenna's voice set back in so there's that.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

That's great.And maybe you can add Kosseimaru's voice in Book5 and Book6?
By the way,can Hikaru, Shizuka's new icons in X2 be used in main story? I think their new icons are fantastic.
One little problem: The name of Nara's card(item) should be changed. ^-^
AngstyOwl
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by AngstyOwl »

Just finished Book 6 for the first time, just wanted to thank you for creating a story I enjoyed a lot.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 2/25/19

Wanderers of Sorceria 4th Edition updated with the following changes:

* Updated models: Carrion Beetle. Hikaru (Adol) no longer has a cape. Sazabi has a new Walk animation. Jin War Scholars no longer have Hero Glow (Hero officers will still have the glow). Chaos Gaunt now has a portrait.
* General Sounds: Added (sexier than Naisha) voice set for Miranda. Updated voice set for Lord Kosseimaru. Added previously removed voice set for Jenna. Fixed Kanna's voice set being much quieter than anyone else. Rearranged some of Mizuki's unit responses so they make a little more sense where they're used. Added new Pissed sounds for Nel (who did not have a full set of them before).
* General: Tome of Retraining added to Goblin Merchants and faction shops (any map without an editted inventory will have this), replacing the spot where faction Orbs would have been. On Goblin Merchants this normally replaces the Wand of Shadowsight. The tome comes in a stock of three and costs no gold.
* General: Fixed Kanna's Weapon attachment being on the wrong hand (for animation purposes she's technically also left-handed). Gunther's Team Color is fixed to Blue. Lurker Carrion Beetles will live as long as advertised (90 seconds instead of 60 seconds). Minor Blade Krakens summoned by Feral Spirit are now called Spirit Krakens as the tooltip suggests.
* Book 1, 2, General: Hikaru starts with the item Garanteen when it becomes available. Kanna starts with the item Kanna's Necklace. Ziel starts equipped with Ziel's Sword. Fixed Scaldar's Lurker Burrow using the wrong voice set. Gave Miranda's 5th class Cone of Heat instead of Firewall. Ziel's damage type changed to Chaos damage for all classes. Fixed bug where Kanna and Ziel don't get the correct Team Color upon loading (not that this matters). Unlock requirements for Shizuka's 8th and 9th hidden classes should be consistent between the Intro and Fight Dragon.
* Book 1, Chapter 1: Reduced base volume of Ekim's theme to a level that won't annihilate your ears.
* Book 1, Chapter 2: Shion and his lieutenants can no longer be raised from the dead or are eligible targets for Animate/Raise Dead. Feldarin changed into a Necromancer general.
* Book 1, Secret Level: Add checks to turn on the button graphic for Tanya's Mana Regeneration ability upon loading instead of only upon learning the skill.
* Book 1, Chapter 3: Fixed bug where Ebon could spawn more than once. Moved Hokuto out of the battle arena once her part is finished.
* Book 1, Chapter 6: Changed Kanna's Footmen to Neutral Passive.
* Book 1, Chapter 8: Lord Kosseimaru only gains Frost Wave in Heroic mode and only after he reaches 2100 HP, instead of you collecting all the Journals and having it from the start.
* Book 2, Chapter 2: Hints suggesting Nerubian Warriors can attack trees have been removed; they cannot actually do this. References to Spider Lords changed to Guardians because Spider Lords as a basic unit haven't existed in a long time. Ziel no longer asks for a weapon.
* Book 2, Chapter 4: Mongrethod is no longer removed in Easy mode so the Dragon Horn quest can be completed.
* Book 2, Chapter 6: The story will properly advance in Easy mode once the single Night Dragon is killed.
* Book 2, Chapter 7, Part 1: Arcadia's Chosen Hero is invincible until you rescue all the souls.
* Book 2, Chapter 7, Part 2: Lord Kosseimaru no longer casts Frost Waves in the cutscenes. Feldarin changed into a Necromancer general.
* Book 2, Chapter 8: Recorded a longer version of the final boss theme 'Second Armageddon'. The instrumentation is slightly different from the original recording, but it is close enough (it is extremely unlikely that I could find the old soundfont used). Notably it does not loop at the same spot as the OST.
* Book 2, Secret Level: Shizuka and Ziel versions should load from the Epilogue instead of directly from Chapter 8.
* Book 3, General: Deathclaw's Death Spiral tooltip changed to reflect how much damage it actually does. Fixed a bug where Deathclaw could cast Death Spiral twice with every cast in certain levels. Fixed Deathclaw's Death spiral final area being smaller than it should be. Added Kurumi's minor Blade Kraken.
* Book 3, Chapter 7: Changed the outfit Kasumi gave Kurumi into something more appropriately silly (originally this was straight-up a Nurse outfit, but that doesn't exist anymore).
* Book 3, Epilogue: Changed the unit IDs of the Jin Allied Heroes to fix a potential data bug. Replaced Baghtru Skullsplitter (Warchief) with Ad Avis (Spell Slayer) because Baghtru acts like a dumbass with every single one of his spells. Renamed several Heroes after Three Kingdoms figures. Moved the Fountain of Magic NPCs closer to the Yellow Turban side of the map since they always get there first.
* Book 4, General: Fixed Kasumi (unarmed) using the wrong model.
* Book 4, Introduction: Silence Hikaru's nonexistant unit responses.
* Book 4, Chapter 4: Added additional checks to make sure Abolisher starts with the Orb of Death if he is eligible to be carrying it.
* Book 4, Shop: Silence Mizuki's nonexistant unit responses.
* Book 5, General: Fixed Murloc models' file paths to be pointing at the right place. Fixed Kasumi's name if you learned their true name. Elven Footmen now have Team Color. 'Gryphon Aviary' is now named the 'Aviary' with the same hotkey. Changed instances of 'Krivilla Tribe' to 'Piscosis Tribe'. 'Blood Elf Officer' model removed and are simply regular Spellbreaker Officers. Added Kosseimaru voice set.
* Book 5, Chapter 3: Fixed raid Knights using the wrong unit. Fixed Dalles using the wrong model.
* Book 5, Chapter 4: Gunther's army now has access to Archers and also gain access to the Aviary (and therefore Eagle Riders). Kobold Slingers removed. Nekurow's army now has access to Knights. Gunther's army is a consolidation of his and Jenna's army from previous levels, and his and Nekurow's armies are functionally identical (the only real difference is Nekurow still uses Elven Footmen). There is no reason why Nekurow would have straight access to Jenna's army.
* Book 5, Chapter 7: The Aviary can train Eagle Riders as well as Gryphon Riders if you choose to keep using them.
* Book 5, Chapter 8, Part 1: Idle units now belong to the Knights of Tran instead of the Chaos Legion. Ambush units no longer take up Food supply.
* Book 5, Chapter 8, Part 4: Fixed Surtur being killed by his own allies in the cutscene. Fixed city Catapults attacking during the cutscene.
* Book 5, Secret Level 1: Changed the name of the second Main Quest to 'Zava the Merciless' and truncated the description.
* Book 5, Secret Level 2: Fixed Metallus's voice set to be consistent with his other appearances.
* Book 6, General: Fixed availability for an additional class for Hikaru (Dragon Slayer), Shizuka (Deathclaw), and Kurumi (Warlock). Added extra checks to make sure Kurumi is able to use her Chaos Sentinel (all of her classes use this because her route is designed with her having it). Added Mizuki sound set (although it is missing the Pissed responses, but you can live with that). Changed name of Zava's Card. Araj the Summoner's model updated. Added Kosseimaru voice set.
* Book 6, Sorceria Core: Added black boundary terrain to the ceiling to enforce it being impassible terrain. Fixed Zava's name on Kurumi's version loading screen. Renamed Razlia Punisher unit name for compatibility purposes.
* X1, Chapter 5: Renamed Guardian unit's model for compatibility purposes.
* X2, General: Fixed Miranda missing her portrait camera for her Intermission model. Removed redundant copy of Shion's voice set (which is unused).
* X2, Chapter 2: The Oracle's colors should be consistent with the rest of her team. Fountain of Restoration replaced with the Monolith version which restores HP and Mana faster (which should also fix a potential data bug).
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

Wow...that's awesome, buddy!
BTW,why I feel Miranda's new voice so familiar? ;D
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 2/26/19

* Book 2, Chapter 7, Part 1: Fixed Soul Gem turning Garanteen into a droppable item.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

1.Book2, fight dragon, Sazabi uses a old model.
2.I think in Book1,2,Garanteen's icon should be updated? And Deathclaw and Scaldar's icons(item) in Book6's introduction too.
3.The basic attack inerval of Ziel's Twister form in Book3-6 should be 1.0 instead of 1.6(consistent with Book1,2),considering his human form attack interval is 1.3,and change the form should actually increase his attack speed.

Thank you.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

News for 2/27/19

* Book 2, Epilogue: Fixed Ziel not saving his unit state at the end of the Epilogue. Ending cinematic is now skippable.
* Book 2, Secret Level: Fixed Sazabi using the wrong model.
* Book 6, Introduction: Fixed Scaldar and Deathclaw using the old icons.
-- Razorclaw X
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Currently working on a massive overhaul to the Abilities for Books 3, 4, and 5 to match with how they are presented in Book 6 onward. The internal file for this changed radically between 5 and 6 so it wasn't 100% compatible between the two; in fact it turns out Book 5 was using custom Abilities that were only available/used in that campaign which were copies of abilities that existed in Book 6, but with different ability codes (this in particular affects Soul Shift, Chain of Frost, Arcane Missiles, and Mind Flay; it also affected Troll Berserk and Cold Wraith Chill attack for some reason, but those were trivial to fix).

This also had an effect on Soul Powers since all of them were originally designed based on summoning a particular unit, but from Book 6 onward that limitation was removed. It turned out that almost every case where I used a custom version it used the original generic Soul Power skill and not any of the specialized ones, so this was pretty easy to account for.

The biggest change came from the units list. None of the Books share an identical unit list and the biggest reason why Abilities weren't compatible is because some unit ids were repurposed over time or used for other things, so I had to go through every map to make sure any custom units in them don't overlap with the ported ones. The biggest change comes from including the standard Dummy unit which forms the basis of a lot of the later developed abilities because that unit was originally used for an entirely different purpose in earlier Books and needed to be fixed.

Along with this, some abilities are being changed or fixed. For instance, Shadra is no longer going to have that crappy Arcane Missiles spell so I'm giving her the very unused Fire Spin instead (I know Fire Spin is on Lady Veraft, but you almost never get to use her; this sort of makes up for that). Chaos Wave had changed a lot since its original conception and now the version used by Hokuto in X1 is backported to every other instance so there won't be any of the weird teleport shenanigans anymore with Dark Summoning (which is a shame, but it did occasionally break).

I am currently weighing whether to alter any other Heroes' movesets now that a more wider range of abilities are available.

Books 1 and 2 are currently unaffected by this change because the changes required there are even more huge.
-- Razorclaw X
NovaLan
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by NovaLan »

I can only say you are SO brilliant.

Since different class of three main characters have some duplicated abilities, so personally I think these newly available abilities can replace the duplicated ones.(though I don't know if these abilities fit them)

And I hope the abilities list of all 8 books can be identical so that I can save a lot of time when retranslate. (But that may take up much your time...)

One problem I encountered when played Expedition in Book2(newest patch), I found Zande would attack those Neutral hostile units,which seems to never happen before.I don't know if this is a bug when you changed the Neutral hostile things before. But interestingly this actually makes sense since these neutral units don't welcome these outlanders!

Last, don't be so hard on yourself.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

NovaLan wrote:Since different class of three main characters have some duplicated abilities, so personally I think these newly available abilities can replace the duplicated ones.(though I don't know if these abilities fit them)
Unless I set upon a theme I have a tendency to think certain abilities go to certain characters, although I think I should be encouraged to explore that a little more than I had been.

Currently I'm thinking about working out a more serious skill set for Shizuka (ninja maid) which has a complete nonsense moveset. Hikaru (Panda) made some sort of sense and Kurumi (dancer) actually works better than it sounds because she could tank everything.

Fun random fact: Hikaru (Panda) is based on the alternate costume the lead character Samanosuke in Onimusha has.
And I hope the abilities list of all 8 books can be identical so that I can save a lot of time when retranslate. (But that may take up much your time...)
It depends on how much work it takes to do Books 1 and 2 since those are functionally the oldest and are missing a lot of files the later versions have.

One of the biggest issues is those two parts Hikaru absolutely must have Divine Shield because it was designed with him having that.
-- Razorclaw X