Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

SantaBla
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Re: Wanderers of Sorceria Dedicated Update Thread

Post by SantaBla »

that won't be now dude. wos has been in production since 2002.
I really like wos except for some of the drawings which were i think... kind of bad.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I'm rewriting a lot of the events because I wasn't happy of what was involved the first time around.

That, and I'm playing World of Warcraft a lot more.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
SantaBla
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SantaBla »

What events were bad? Oh yeah and read my post in "send comments about Wos thread"

Some missions especially in chapter 2 of book 2 is impossible and last mission of book 3 is impossible too even on easy mode.
Jack
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by Jack »

Alrighty-o! Good luck on WoS RazorClawX!

:]
If there is one pie, there will be two shangrupahs, when there are two shangrupahs, there are three naked men with no nipples. Wait--- HUH!?
killer-bee
Resigned! Suspect in Medic's Missing Undergarments scandal
Resigned! Suspect in Medic's Missing Undergarments scandal

Post by killer-bee »

i havent post a long time but now i have to ask that do any one else have the problem with wos mainsite link?? Because it wont open to me that site
wanderers of sorceria kicks ass
SantaBla
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SantaBla »

wos.campaigncreations.org? It works fine for me.
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Hey RCX just checking in to see if your making a final chapter to the series stil land when we will be able to get a glimpse at it!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Unlike the other campaigns, there's going to be a prologue mission. I wasn't going to do this originally, but this should set up the stage better.

Consider this: Hikaru's party went directy to Go. Shizuka's party is taking a blimp to a heavily-guarded city. So the prologue is going to deal with Shizuka's attempts to break into the city on her own terms.
-- Razorclaw X
SantaBla
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SantaBla »

hah! You replied finally! Hey I'm asking you for any tips concerning the difficult missions especially the last level of book 3. You saying it's easy but I have tried around 12th times without any success. I have no idea how to win it.
Bereg
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by Bereg »

Are you talking about Yellow Turbans Rebellion? Here's how I'm playing this mission.
Select both heroes and move them to the left road. Capture Merc. camp there (if you'll leave it to enemy, you'll be in very big trouble - neitral spawns there are much tougher than in the east and can raze your towers really quickly). Then begin destroying two enemy towers above it. When first one is down (maybe earlier), move Yue Fang back to base camp (her speed is better) and buy weapon upgrades for your army at the Altar. Two of your towers on the eastern road should be besieged at the moment. Resurrect dead bodies near them and heal everyone, who needs it. Then capture a magic camp and raze two towers above it. When Scaldar finished his towers, send him to your camp, buy upgrades and defend the middle road.
Western road should remain safe for a very long time, 'cause allied units there are really strong comparing to enemy. Concentrate on defending your center and right side. You should try buying weapon upgrades as soon as possible, taking siege and air in the end and only if you have money to spare. If there is a large enemy troop on one of the roads (occurs from time to time, when your allies get stuck near enemy towers and slowly killed), get one of your heroes in the middle of it and use soul power. It should wipe almost all enemies in the area and give you nice cash. When you have free time, try to destroy enemy barracks on the sideways. Keep your towers and barracks safe and healthy. They really help in this mission and you have NO way to repair them. If you've lost barracks on two of three ways, you can restart.
I've tried it just a couple of hours ago with 4 lvl heroes and no artifacts. If you've played previous missions properly, you should complete this mission much easier than I'am.
Though I really think that this mission is unbalanced. When all upgrades are purchased, player doesn't need money anymore. And there's usually a big amount of them at the end of the mission. A little bit unfair. :(
muaddib
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by muaddib »

question regarding the upcoming book:

will shizu and the rest confront mekani or high men?
and if so, will they be human, or perhapse you consider making them high tech?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

It's actually neither (this will be explained early on). The enemy this time is the guardians of Sorceria (they're essentially Naga, though; their Mur'gul servants were sent out to fight under Metallus during Book 4).
-- Razorclaw X
muaddib

Post by muaddib »

all righty, sounds curious.  :)
SantaBla
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SantaBla »

Except there are no weapon upgrades to buy... So what the hell?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Uploading a new version of Book 5. The only difference is that the trees in Chapter 6 will automatically clear when you kill the Murloc Sorcerer, so you don't have to burn down the trees anymore (of course you're free to continue to do so and skip the guy).
-- Razorclaw X