story-related questions - warning, spoilers

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

story-related questions - warning, spoilers

Post by Demoneater »

Huhu,
a few story-related questions came up to my mind.

Is the spider-kingdom Corona outside of Arcadia? How could the ministers and agents access it then @ Chapter Two, Book One?

Does the Arcadia-Barrier only hinders Arcadian people moving beyond the borders or everyone? How could Hikaro's crew then enter Arcadia? So I guess it just counts for Arcadians.
And it doesn't counts for the undeads. I guess because of that Kosseimaru was able to get out of it with the Black Dream?

The Zande's village lies within Arcadia, doesn't it?

What exactly happened at Hikaru's Test Of Faith? I mean, he fought an avatar of Shizuka, created by Deathclaw, correctly? Then, I assume that Shizuka wanted to hinder Hikaru to get God's Power. But why didn't she BEFORE they reached the Zande Village or did she just realize their the truth about the plague in the village itself? I guess Hikaro would have get God's Power even if Shizuka's avatar won't have shown up since the it was planned by Arcadia that he gets it?

Why Shizuka is never fighting with the Orochi Sword but only with her two katanas?

Deathclaw replaces Shizuka's immune system. She and Deathclaw merged when she was four. But how could she survive then later on when the Zandes rescued here? She was devided from the Orochi sword, wasn't she?

It seems that both Shizuka and Nekurow doesn't really follow the guide of a Demon Hunter? I mean, it is said that they are dedicated to give away their own life in order to let others life a better live. But isn't this in a totally contrast of slaying down the whole Zande Village as Shizuka did in her past? Or killing Kanna? Trying to kill a other person in order to get more powerful?

Why did Shizuka killed Kanna? Did she realize that the war against the rebels couldn't be won anymore and so she wanted to get her soul before the enemy forces have sieged the place where her soul is located? Or was it also because he feared Arcadia could recollect here soul once she gets out of her jail, so she would have lost Kanna forver without any chance to get her soul after?

How Ziel could have lead the Army Of The Dead? Didn't the barrier hinder him to go away from Arcadia?

Why did Hokuto show up at Hokuro's Trial. I mean, what was she trying to reach there with him?

Is there any particular reason why Queen Arcadia didn't wanted to trade with other countries at all? Or did she just wanted to keep the control over their people, I mean, was this the only reason?

Who was it again who gave Nekurow Orpheus? If I remember correctly it was some kind of satan-type demon who rules in the hell?
Blake
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Re: story-related questions - warning, spoilers

Post by Blake »

Huhu,
a few story-related questions came up to my mind.

Is the spider-kingdom Corona outside of Arcadia? How could the ministers and agents access it then @ Chapter Two, Book One?
I believe that Corona is right next to Arcadia, some of the kingdom is below various locations in Arcadia. The Minsters may visit it because it lays within Queen Arcadia's "circle of influence," once they leave this circle their soul is returned to Queen Arcadia and she can recreate them once more.
Does the Arcadia-Barrier only hinders Arcadian people moving beyond the borders or everyone? How could Hikaro's crew then enter Arcadia? So I guess it just counts for Arcadians.
And it doesn't counts for the undeads. I guess because of that Kosseimaru was able to get out of it with the Black Dream?
Only for Arcadians, Queen Arcadia took the souls of people from another world and created the people of Arcadia with those souls, the souls which were taken from another world cannot stray very far from the queen otherwise their souls are returned to her. The area which the people of arcadia may traverse resembles a giant circle with the center being in the Arcadian Castle where the Queen resides.
The Zande's village lies within Arcadia, doesn't it?
No it lies outside of Arcadia, and outside of Queen Arcadia's circle of influence. This is the reason why people from Arcadia cannot seek help from the Zande; they will disappear before they will reach it.
What exactly happened at Hikaru's Test Of Faith? I mean, he fought an avatar of Shizuka, created by Deathclaw, correctly? Then, I assume that Shizuka wanted to hinder Hikaru to get God's Power. But why didn't she BEFORE they reached the Zande Village or did she just realize their the truth about the plague in the village itself? I guess Hikaro would have get God's Power even if Shizuka's avatar won't have shown up since the it was planned by Arcadia that he gets it?
Shizuka wanted to win Hikaru over to her side, it didn't work, but Im not sure how to reply to this question.
Why Shizuka is never fighting with the Orochi Sword but only with her two katanas?
No Clue
Deathclaw replaces Shizuka's immune system. She and Deathclaw merged when she was four. But how could she survive then later on when the Zandes rescued here? She was devided from the Orochi sword, wasn't she?

It seems that both Shizuka and Nekurow doesn't really follow the guide of a Demon Hunter? I mean, it is said that they are dedicated to give away their own life in order to let others life a better live. But isn't this in a totally contrast of slaying down the whole Zande Village as Shizuka did in her past? Or killing Kanna? Trying to kill a other person in order to get more powerful?
You'll have to Ask RCX about that
Why did Shizuka killed Kanna? Did she realize that the war against the rebels couldn't be won anymore and so she wanted to get her soul before the enemy forces have sieged the place where her soul is located? Or was it also because he feared Arcadia could recollect here soul once she gets out of her jail, so she would have lost Kanna forver without any chance to get her soul after?
A bit of both reasons I guess, ask RCX
How Ziel could have lead the Army Of The Dead? Didn't the barrier hinder him to go away from Arcadia?
Ziel was not one of the people whos souls were brought into this world by Queen Arcadia
Why did Hokuto show up at Hokuro's Trial. I mean, what was she trying to reach there with him?
Ask RCX

Is there any particular reason why Queen Arcadia didn't wanted to trade with other countries at all? Or did she just wanted to keep the control over their people, I mean, was this the only reason?
Yeah, she wanted to keep control of her people, she wanted to make it so that the people of Arcadia would rely on her and solely on her for anything. She wanted to be treated like a god.
Who was it again who gave Nekurow Orpheus? If I remember correctly it was some kind of satan-type demon who rules in the hell?
Hades
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Corona-- or what's left of it-- is the subterranean zone of Arcadia. The place they inhabit is close to the border of the sphere of influence. Their former center of power was right where Castle Arcadia is now.
Shizuka wanted to convince Hikaru over to her side. The reason she didn't just kill Hikaru is she genuinely wanted to stop the plague; she didn't find out its true nature until after the fact.

The test itself was just a massive plot hole. Or, a wizard did it... probably more in-game, Hokuto did it. Blame a lot of strange stuff on her.
The Orochi Sword takes on the form which its user is most comfortable using. This is only slightly alluded to later on, but it's never explicitly stated anywhere in the campaign.
Deathclaw was still in her, just sealed away. The Orochi Sword is a part of her true nature, and the Zande sealed it away because it's an Evil Weapon (TM). Coming into contact with an object close to her true self removed the seal on Deathclaw, but it didn't completely remove the seal on her memories.
What Nekurow says and what he does are two different things. While he will make that previous claim he is doing the killings to power up his sword.

Shizuka isn't really a demon hunter. Any self-professed profession she claims doesn't begin to describe her; she could be considered an amalgam of everything she claims, and it will be a half-truth. Shizuka doesn't kill for power because she's already pretty darn powerful-- her problem is a lot of her true self is sealed. She will kill when she feels it'll forward her goals or when she's really pissed off.

She wanted to get Kanna's soul before Arcadia got it (and once she failed to stop Hikaru she knew they were inevitably going to lose). While it does screw the rest of her friends she decided she was better off in the long run with her than with anyone else who was left.
Ziel came from another country. He appeared in the kingdom after Arcadia was overthrown.
Hokuto just doesn't want Hikaru and Shizuka to fight.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

No it lies outside of Arcadia, and outside of Queen Arcadia's circle of influence. This is the reason why people from Arcadia cannot seek help from the Zande; they will disappear before they will reach it..
Then how Minister Shinryu could be such near to the Zande Village? Or isn't he an Arcadian? (+Reiko)
The Orochi Sword takes on the form which its user is most comfortable using. This is only slightly alluded to later on, but it's never explicitly stated anywhere in the campaign.
What do you mean by that? Are you alluding that the Orochi Sword transformed into DeathClaw's Spirit?
Shizuka isn't really a demon hunter. Any self-professed profession she claims doesn't begin to describe her; she could be considered an amalgam of everything she claims, and it will be a half-truth. Shizuka doesn't kill for power because she's already pretty darn powerful-- her problem is a lot of her true self is sealed. She will kill when she feels it'll forward her goals or when she's really pissed off.
Deathclaw says such things to her at the Zande Village and she agrees to become a Demon Hunter.

Btw, what was the point of attacking the neighboured countries with the Army Of Dead? What was the beneficial of that action? Wasn't it the main goal of the ministers to leave Arcadia sealed away?

Arcadia was responsible for the flaw of demons in Corona through the Cauldron, wasn't she? Why did she stopped creating the demons in the end of Book One then?
Shizuka wanted to convince Hikaru over to her side. The reason she didn't just kill Hikaru is she genuinely wanted to stop the plague; she didn't find out its true nature until after the fact.
So the avatar was NEVER meant to kill him but just to "warn" him?
Why Hikaru then just has a sore conscience cause he killed the avatar (he assumed it would be the real Shizuka), but didn't Shizuka quite the same to him with her avatar? But I guess it is just a matter of personality.

What I also don't get how the Zande are considering themselves as the pure people. I mean, they are attacking and raiding the Arcadian People regulary, aren't they?
BUt I also guess that this only counts during Kosseimaru's regime since Tendaro stated to Arcadia that she wanted to ally with the kIngdom of Arcadia AGAIN, which means, they once WERE allied.
She wanted to get Kanna's soul before Arcadia got it (and once she failed to stop Hikaru she knew they were inevitably going to lose). While it does screw the rest of her friends she decided she was better off in the long run with her than with anyone else who was left.
You mean since their is the limit of reviving a maximum of 10 dead peoples? Who died then, lemme see....
Kanna*, Shion, Chica, Ayame...you may can't count in Kosseimaru and Mizuki since they were still alive when Shizuka killed Kanna. Senryu was alive as well. But maybe he counted in that all ministers would die? So what doy ou mean with "anyone else"? I mean, which apart of the seven ministers she should revive? I can't see anyone she would have been interested into....

Why only Maranda had bad feeling after Shion got killed, I mean, did I miss something important? DId she act the way cause she killed him in a bloodlust or so? Or are Nekurow, Hikaru und Johan just too tough to worry about the minister such much?
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Btw, what was the point of attacking the neighboured countries with the Army Of Dead? What was the beneficial of that action? Wasn't it the main goal of the ministers to leave Arcadia sealed away?
They wanted to find something that was beyond Arcadia's power which they could use to give them a more permanent solution, because sealing Arcadia was at best a temporary solution.
What do you mean by that? Are you alluding that the Orochi Sword transformed into DeathClaw's Spirit?
It's not a normal sword, it's an Evil Artifact (TM). If Shizuka wants to use it as a paired set, she uses it as such. If she wants to use it as a two-hander (which is very unlikely), the sword will change into that.
Arcadia was responsible for the flaw of demons in Corona through the Cauldron, wasn't she? Why did she stopped creating the demons in the end of Book One then?
She didn't.

So the avatar was NEVER meant to kill him but just to "warn" him?
Why Hikaru then just has a sore conscience cause he killed the avatar (he assumed it would be the real Shizuka), but didn't Shizuka quite the same to him with her avatar? But I guess it is just a matter of personality.
No, she really meant to kill him. Shizuka is just flexibly pragmatic like that.
What I also don't get how the Zande are considering themselves as the pure people. I mean, they are attacking and raiding the Arcadian People regulary, aren't they?
BUt I also guess that this only counts during Kosseimaru's regime since Tendaro stated to Arcadia that she wanted to ally with the kIngdom of Arcadia AGAIN, which means, they once WERE allied.
Yes, they were allied to Arcadia prior to her overthrow. They were quite ecstatic there was a goddess walking the earth, so they flew over there and submitted themselves to her.

Why only Maranda had bad feeling after Shion got killed, I mean, did I miss something important? DId she act the way cause she killed him in a bloodlust or so? Or are Nekurow, Hikaru und Johan just too tough to worry about the minister such much?
They have an unspecified history which isn't explained in the campaign. And she was shocked at how she killed him.
Last edited by RazorclawX on Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Blake

Post by Blake »

Demoneater wrote:
No it lies outside of Arcadia, and outside of Queen Arcadia's circle of influence. This is the reason why people from Arcadia cannot seek help from the Zande; they will disappear before they will reach it..
Then how Minister Shinryu could be such near to the Zande Village? Or isn't he an Arcadian? (+Reiko)
Arcadia's sphere of influence ends somewhere between the town Senryu and Rieko were stuck in and the Zande Village...so straying too far from that town in the direction of the Zande village would cause those who were brought to into the world by Arcadia to fade away...
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Kangero and the whole ninja clan (hence the name) is under Lord Zule's command, aren't they? Kangero didn't know that she shouldn't kill the refugees, I guess? So Zule didn't gave her insight into all things on that matter?

btw...any particular reason why Sypha killed Nekurow's family?

I also didn't totally get it hwo the Sorcerians are keeping the Black Moon cult inside of the world...how do they do that? Is it their presence only which has this effect?

This would also mean that this automatical process exists for a very long time and the Black Moon does as well.

The fall of such many civilizations in a short time Zule mentioned.......I guess the Sorcerians are the key to this riddle. A sorcerian can rescue or doom a single civilzation by himself...

Is the world still observing the Sorcerians? Did it kill Ziel cause it recognized he went into affairs the world doesn't like? Or are gods or the Lords Of Sorceria behind such actions? (just browsed the cast page a bit, I am just right now at the end of book 3)

And the world itself...I haven't found anything yet how the civilizations and the culture are created
But they might don't envolve fully by themselfes, according to what Shizuka said about the Jin Empire...
Last edited by Demoneater on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

Demoneater wrote: btw...any particular reason why Sypha killed Nekurow's family?
His family had a piece of the Dragon Pearl in their possession. Of course, they had no idea that it was part of said pearl which belonged to her. Keep in mind, this part takes place outside of the world where WoS' story takes place.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

For how long has he hunted Sypha Blade? in the interlude in book 4 it seems it happened when he was very young, maybe even a teenager..?

And I thought before that his wife and child got killed by Sylpha...
Blake

Post by Blake »

I wanted to ask this; Why did Kossemaru suddenly decide to permanently seal Queen Arcadia right when Hikaru and his group entered the castle? Could he have done so long ago when the Ministers captured her?

Also when exactly did he decide that his goal was to leave purgatory?
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

Blake wrote: I wanted to ask this; Why did Kossemaru suddenly decide to permanently seal Queen Arcadia right when Hikaru and his group entered the castle? Could he have done so long ago when the Ministers captured her?

I would assume the instant he regained his real body as a Lich.
Blake

Post by Blake »

TheNewHorde wrote:
Blake wrote: I wanted to ask this; Why did Kossemaru suddenly decide to permanently seal Queen Arcadia right when Hikaru and his group entered the castle? Could he have done so long ago when the Ministers captured her?

I would assume the instant he regained his real body as a Lich.
So Kossemaru was not strong enough to permanently seal Arcadia before he became a lich?
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

If he was, why wouldn't he do it then? So...no. But I couldn't find any statement that he would be strong enough as a Lich in the game...
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

this isn't grade school, we don't need text stating every little thing.  if it's implied, it's implied.  if it can be logic out, it can be logic out.  if RazorClawX says so, then it is so.

else he would've have to type "Hikaru walked fifty million six hundred forty five thousand two hundred seventy-six step since entering the forest and finally reached the Tower of the Gods."  We know the Tower is well hidden in the forest, we don't need how exactly far it is, just it is far in the forest is enough.
Demoneater
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Demoneater »

Are Kanna and Shion Sorcerians as well? I got the impression they are...

Why Hakaru can use the Seal Of The Oracles as a Panda Knight? Isn't the unique for the Dragon Slayers?

And was Dalles bluffing when he said that Hakaru might become a DS or did he just didn't know about Rizlia's plan?

Why Shizuka fought against the dragon along with Hakaru? I mean, DeathClaw is in her, why didn't she try to convince him and why didn't she tell him about the dragon god?

Purgatory...where does it exist? I mean...it is somehow at the same planet as the real world is, isn't it? I think it must be some kind of astral world, another plane of existance, some kind of another dimension? Can you confirm that one?

The real world...is that the world we are currently living in? I mean, I read how Kanna and other characters mention RL thingies like China, America, and so on.

Then I don't understand your statement how Sypha could have slain Nekurow's family. I mean, that would mean that there would at least 1 demon, she, in our real world. Infact I think that Nekurow just might have dreamt that his family got slain (so it did happen in Purgatory)

I guess the Black Moon fleet was some kind of Galactic Exploration/Raiding party weith spaceships? Somehow weird to see them controlling the undeaths then, eh.

When Shizuka talked with Shi after she got slained by the dwarfen sniper, was she back in real world for a short time? or was she on "the other side"?

Was DeathClaw just a god when he entered purgatory? I mean...he was some kind of commander before in the BM fleet...uh?

Why Mizuki couldn't return to purgatory after she gave Shizuka the...thingy. You know that one with which you have to flee from the collapsing cauldron.

Ziel comes from a family of Zephyrs, Wind deamons. In purgatory only or as well in the real world?

If Shizu's group isn't going to let the Jin Empire wn the war (as Kannah stated) then why the BM isn't interfering? Can't they stop the army of dead or at least protect Azorbia?

Is there an equavalant for almost every person in purgatory in the real world?

The Nerubians got banned to purgatory too...the war it got spoken about, was it the big war of the spider which gets mentioned in TFT campaign?

Does the 'Fire Wheel' exist in Purgatory or real world?

Strange, when I hear all those characters talking it almost seems that Hakuro and maybe Shizuka are almost the only ones who couldn't really remember who they are or their past. I mean, all the characters are talking about the real life and how they are/were there and so on...but maybe this is also due the fact that they did almost faded away from purgatory unlike Shizu and Hakaru? I mean, they are back in real life, but they somehow maintain a connection to purgatory, still. I assume they might have re-entered it through simple sleeping/dreaming, or through Kanna's Necklace or something like that.

So Kosseimaru was a Sorcerian as well. That was what he meant when he said he is free after Sarah Arcadia got defeated. And I thought he meant that he is no longer "forced to life", but know I am seeing it on a totally difficult light.

OK, Shi says he is bodyless in this world...how then? I thougth everyone who dies wake up?

Shizuka dropped the wagon at Ziel? Or does he just imagine that without that it is correct? I had more the feeling purgatory did kill him since he was working with a prugatory traitor - Shizuka.

Plus Shizuka said that purga tried to kill her a few times as well.
And why Shizuka can't die? I mean, I know that it is related to DeathClaw, but why? Was it her own imaginization as a Sorcerian which was able to outrule purgatories guideless regarding her deaths? So the rule that she gets killed she wakes up in real world doesn't count for her?

Why all the dudes before where all heading to Sorceria? As far as I understood they did it to escape from purgatory. But wouldn't be dieing a much easier way to do that?

Sypha stated she had a daughter. Can you tell me who this daughter is? I know she was a host of DeathClaw, I don't think it was Selene since...well, she wasn't along the High Men, or was she? And I don't think it is Shizuka either, since she just appears as an ethernal character in the purgatory.

The Black Moon fleet consisted of creatures of all kinds, didn't it? Was Sagila a dragon there as well? What about Cinder?

Why did Count Zule summon cinder into the world? Did he need just another, first herassment for the Jin Dynasty to travel to Azorbia?

I also read that this was the only way to get Cinder in this world - IIRC.

Did Shizuka and Hakaru know each other in reality?

Is Shizuka possed by DeathClaw only at purgatory or in both worlds?
Last edited by Demoneater on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.