WoS Artworks

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

WoS Artworks

Post by TheNewHorde »

Greetings, this is the first time I register and posted on these forums, so I'm pretty new.  But I've been playing Wanderers of Sorceria for years and I have a few questions to ask so please bare with me here.

Who drew all the arts for WoS? Is it RazorclawX? 

I personally enjoy drawing very much as well and I wonder if it is possible for me to join the art team?  I am not very experienced in drawing anime but I've been trying recently and I think they're decent.  These are 4 of the 6 drawings I started that's an attempt at anime.  I really really wish I can somehow help drawing for book 6 or the web site or anything related because I truely enjoy this game.  http://thenewhorde.deviantart.com/gallery/

P.S. Sorry for the newbish questions, because I am sorta newb here...
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: WoS Artworks

Post by RazorclawX »

Yep, it's my art, if you can call it that. More like attempt at it, because it's quite noticeable how my style changed a lot since I started years ago. Most of what I do that passes as 'art' is short scribbles on random pieces of paper (I was known to do it a lot on my class notes in school), but I guess everyone does that.

I tend not to scan most of that junk, and whenever I feel the inspiration to do computer art it usually takes around 3-5 hours to do it (mostly because the way I do my doodles and computer art is very different, and I at least try to make the computer art somewhat like the doodles). Lately though I haven't felt the inclination to do any more, as I'm more or less doing the maps or playing other games now that I stopped playing World of Warcraft.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Do you use a tablet RCX? If you don't I would recommend one, they really allow you to draw like its a pencil and a piece of paper.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SantaBla
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by SantaBla »

I strongly recommend what Mantidz said. Furthermore, why don't you hire TheNewHorde in your team... 5 campaigns for one man is a lot. You should let him do the artwork since he's really willing to do them while you concentrate on everything else for book 6.
Last edited by SantaBla on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

Just looked through my old post from 2 years ago.  It seems like I was quite the sucker fanboy then, but I probably still am.  :)

Anyway, like I said, I enjoy the drawings.  :)  Especially several of Shizuka's drawings, you can tell there's effort put into it.

Again though, just wondering, now that Sorceria is done, what are some future projects?
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

I'm hoping he will make an epic storyline thing for SC2 like vision of the future.
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

hmm...  i dunno, i think after doing such a huge campaign project, even Razorclaw X would be tired at least.  But maybe he's just incredibly enthusiastic about this.  If I was to guess, I was gonna guess the next project he'd work on is something completely unrelated to gaming, but that's just me.
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

I haven't drawn in almost 2 months (summer vacation killed all sense of activity), but after playing WOS, I suddenly have the urge to do some fanart.

I'm thinking of Viper Sworder Shizuka, but I haven't fully decided yet.

Anyone got characters they like, I'll take any request?  (As long as you guys don't mind the non-professional looking art.  Still a noob in art.)