Book Six not starting

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

CMJKMStephens
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Book Six not starting

Post by CMJKMStephens »

Basically, I click on Book Six, select difficulty, go to mission screen, click the intro, and nothing happens. The screen goes black indefinately.

Another error that I got past was in the Hikaru/Johan/Sazabi vs Airships mission in Book Five. It would arbitrarily crash while attacking the Black Dream. This is unrelated to the above, but it took half a dozen tries to get through it.
CMJKMStephens

Re: Book Six not starting

Post by CMJKMStephens »

I also tried loading it up on my other computer, but the same problem occurs. Just to make sure, this one was a fresh install, and I tried without the save data in case there was something there, but to no avail.

The first computer is XP x64 with a 9800GTX and 3.0ghz Duel Core, the second Windows 7 x64 with a 4890 and a 3.2ghz Quad Core. The only commonality is that they're both 64 bit computers.
Last edited by CMJKMStephens on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
muaddib
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by muaddib »

i suspect its due the latest wc3 patch, it messed up some stuff.
i suggest you reinstall the game and make sure it wont have the latest patch- book 6 should work then, best of luck. :)
CMJKMStephens

Post by CMJKMStephens »

I installed warcraft with 1.24b and played through Sorceria from the start perfectly fine, apart from that one mission in book five. Book Six however will not start. Patching to 1.24c does not do anything either. And to pre-empt a potential response, 1.24a is also the same. Just a black screen, no sound. The game hasn't crashed, it's just not doing anything.
Last edited by CMJKMStephens on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muaddib

Post by muaddib »

thats odd, works fine for me, i do not know what might be the issue then :(
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

That's because there isn't a version of Book 6 that works with 1.24 at the moment.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
CMJKMStephens

Post by CMJKMStephens »

Ok then. I just made an assumption; since all the others have 1.24 versions and the last one didn't specify.
swiftknife
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)
Terran Academy Student (50k mineral debt)

Post by swiftknife »

I can’t seem to do that when I uninstall it goes to version 1.07 which will not support it either. If I try to install updates without starting the game up (download off internet and run) it doesn’t work. If I try to update via battle.net it updates to version 1.24  >:( ???