How to defeat Dallas with Shizuka??

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

phoenix3
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

How to defeat Dallas with Shizuka??

Post by phoenix3 »

How can I defeat Dallas with Shizuka? It seems to me nearly impossible because he regenerates his HPs so fast. In my Inventar I have this healstone, 30 Healdrinks, and the +15 +15% attackclaw thing mainly.
muaddib
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Re: How to defeat Dallas with Shizuka??

Post by muaddib »

shizuka's abilities should do the trick, as well as gear you can collect or gain in the campaign while playing shizuka.
i relied on an item that restores her health and mana [seal/ keg i assume], life stealing weapon andd other items i found.
i hope it helps, and good luck.
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

I've had a hard time beating Dalles myself. Heck, he's no joke considering he's the strongest of the Dragon Slayers encountered.

Personally, there are three things that make him such an ass:
1) Torch - his primary attack which, being passive, slows down whatever/whoever he's attacking
2) Illusions - he vanishes and then pops up with three replicas of himself, which aren't really heroes like he is
3) Mass Flamestrike - his ultimate (can't remember what it's called), where lots of Flamestrikes pop up around him forcing you to steer clear of them to avoid excess damage

I do vaguely recall the items I had during that fight. I had the life stealing staff, the Eclipse Orb, Kanna's Necklace, the Rendhand glove of sorts, a Helm of Valour (I think), and about 5 or more Greater Healing Potions.

The main thing I was doing was constantly spamming Shizu's main spell (the Viper Slash, I think it was) then following with her second spell which deals damage according to the combo made from Viper Slash. I seldom used her ranged spell, probably because it didn't seem to affect her fights much. Then there's the runes that you use to heal yourself during the fight, of which I end up exhausting by the near end of the fight.

Not sure if there is any success using a different class other than the one she starts with in the last book (Priestess of the Black Moon). Hadn't tried different classes yet, mainly because I'm not sure if they would produce different results.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
phoenix3

Post by phoenix3 »

Thanks for your answers, I finally made it. I found a staff that heals 2% oh my HPs, and with that I did it.
Davzz
Terran Missile Turret Rotary Tester

Post by Davzz »

That staff kind of backfires against the final boss when he makes a clone of your heroes though, since the staff 2% healing effect still heals the boss for way too much.
Rui

Post by Rui »

Yup, I also used the Scepter of Healing against Dalles and Hikaru. That was the only way I could defeat them. Then Razlia, who was rather easy compared to these two I mentioned, cloned her and he regained all his health >_<

I don't remember acquiring Kanna's Necklace, but her other items were there. Rendhand, the Eclipse Orb...
I didn't know you could pick classes in Book 6.Do you have to beat that last level in Book 5? I think I might have skipped it.
Davzz

Post by Davzz »

I think it's unlocked when you beat Book 6. Then, when you choose your character (e.g Hikaru/Shizuka/Kurumi), you can play as any of the classes from all the previous books (including Book 1/2 if someone really liked Shizuka's original Demon Hunter class or something.)

Even the dud classes from accepting Hokuto's help are selectable and some new ones such as being able to play as Selene in Shizuka's scenario.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Davzz wrote: That staff kind of backfires against the final boss when he makes a clone of your heroes though, since the staff 2% healing effect still heals the boss for way too much.
For a while I thought you guys were talking about the Deathspike Scepter.

And yeah, Dalles probalby is the hardest boss in the campaign.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
TheNewHorde
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by TheNewHorde »

any tips from Razorclaw X personally?

It seems this fight is 100% gear based.