Book 6; Shizuka West District

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

KratosIrving
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Book 6; Shizuka West District

Post by KratosIrving »

I seem to be stuck at said District. I've killed both big Sorceria Guardian Naga bases, and I think the next step is to use Shizuka to reach the 'hidden' room past the Altar. Problem is, when I get in there, and Fayt and the other two start talking, if they're supposed to spawn in that room they aren't doing so. Is there something I missed, or is it a bug?
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Re: Book 6; Shizuka West District

Post by Theia_Loki »

There's supposed to be a switch (one of two) that spawns a teleporter for the other two to use in order to get down there.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
KratosIrving

Post by KratosIrving »

Ah, I got it now. "The other two" made me realize I had to find Scaldar, since I hadn't yet. I thought I would get him after the fight with Fayt and Co. Looked around, found him in the SE corner. Ty for the help Theia.
nosam
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by nosam »

I seem to have a problem in said district as well. I have already rescued Scaldar and got Shizuka to the hidden area behind the altar.

However, the two switches are invulnerable and when I stepped into the hidden room, Fayt and the others were talking, but they never spawned.

So basically, Shizuka's stuck back there ( I saved before this).

Does anyone have any idea on what to do next (I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything).

Thanks
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

I think there's a switch somewhere that Shizuka can Tether-rifle over to to remove the invulnerability on the switches. Not entirely sure, though.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"

[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Drew
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Drew »

If I remember correctly, you're first supposed to rescue Scaldar.  Then, your goal is to bring  Shizuka to the front of the cauldron (not the back hidden room), in front of the massive ruined gate, so that she can place the seal on the cualdron.  A cutscene will take place.  It is this cutscene that makes  the two switches become vulnerable, spawns Fayt Linegod and his group, and, most importantly, opens up the massive  ruined gate (which allows Shizuka to tether down there without getting permanently stuck).
   It is an unfortunate bug that Shizuka can see the harpoon post behind the closed gate and tether herself behind the gate while it is still shut tight (resulting in her being stuck there for all eternity, I think).  I don't think she was ever meant to get behind there until after the above mentioned cutscene, which opens the gate for you.  Once the cutscene is over, you can freely explore that area without ever getting stuck.  Hope this helps.
Last edited by Drew on Thu May 28, 2009 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
nosam

Post by nosam »

Yep, that was it, thanks!

I guess I was too hasty in getting back there...
phoenix3

Post by phoenix3 »

I had the same problem. But now, i can't find scaldar where is he?
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

phoenix3 wrote: I had the same problem. But now, i can't find scaldar where is he?
He's south of where you first enter the district, but only Braddle can get to him (it's a long walk and swim over there, plus having to go through the Sorceria Guardians).

phoenix3

Post by phoenix3 »

Thank's for your answer; how to know that without try? seems a little bit too hard to me.