Favourite WoS Moments/Quotes/Scenarios

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Favourite WoS Moments/Quotes/Scenarios

Post by Theia_Loki »

So what is everyone's favorite parts in the story?

With a campaign as complex, diverse, and innovative as this, it's certain that there is a particular part (or more) of the whole story that really makes an impression. This is, after all, the result of six years of hard work into one of the greatest campaigns ever created.

My personal favourite has got to be Nekurow going up against both Abolisher's Soul Eraser and Sorana at the same time.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Larc
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher
Terran Goliath Dome Polisher

Re: Favourite WoS Moments/Quotes/Scenarios

Post by Larc »

Favourite Dialogues (funny stuff)

Book 1 - Chapter 1 (Road to Arcadia)

Nekurow: You seem to handle yourself well enough,boy,considering the increased gnoll activity.
Hikaru: Do you mind? I don't like being called stuff like 'boy' or 'junior.' 
Nekurow: We'll see about that...boy.

Book 2 - Chapter 2-1 (Resurgence)

Shizuka: Well,spider-boy,I hope you know how to fight,because I ain't protecting any envoy.
Scaldar: Your frail form suggests that you will be the one who needs protection.
Ziel: Ha, ha, ha, ha, hah!  I like this guy already. 

Book 3 - Chapter 1 (Shadow of Flame)

Ziel: I picked this one. Don't you like it? You look great.
Shizuka: Hey...do you really think so...?
Ziel: Nah,I'm just kidding. I picked that out to see if you would wear it.
Shizuka: ZIEL!!!

There are a lot of other funny dialogues but I don't remember everything at the moment.

Speaking of the moments (same thing,these are the ones I remember):
Spoiler
Book 1 - At the end of the campaign,when the party discover that Arcadia is in fact their enemy and not their ally.
Book 1 - When Nekurow confronts Shizuka\Deathclaw in the last chapter on a summoner duel.
Book 2 - The battle with Arcadia is pretty epic.
Book 3 - When fighting Cinder (or at least trying to).
Book 4 - Nekurow's Story and fights in the Black Moon Temple.
Book 4 - The Final Battle against the Puppetmaster with Kurumi.
Book 5 - Return of the Wanderers (I liked a lot that chapter).
Book 5 - The "Black Dream" chapter is pretty epic.
Book 6 - Too many epic moments!
UltimaRaiden
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)

Post by UltimaRaiden »

I loved the last mission in Book 3 (Yellow Turban Rebellion) with all the Keys of Sealing references.  The Battle Tank is my favorite hero and it was so op in that situation.
muaddib
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by muaddib »

i enjoyed in book 5 the following events:
"truth of heart" chapter that shows most of the character's opinions at one another [and the dialogues change a bit if you accepted help earlier from hokuto].
facing keela and razlia was fun, the theme song "the strongest foe" rather justifies it..:P
facing arcadia on book 2 , i agree is a thrill, as well as facing kossimemaru on book one.
book 6 bosses were the biggest thrills, the battles resembled greatly the YS boss fighting system with the various attacking patterns.
[facing nara was my favourite].
and lastly, of course the epilogue at book 6.
Imban
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Post by Imban »

Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

One of my favourite pieces of dialogue, mainly from Book 2 (the chapter where you're ascending to the top, where Shyron is):
Shizuka: Sh... Shion! Um, I mean...hi. Nice to meet you again.

Shion: Um...yes. Good to see you again, too.

Ziel: Oh, kiss her already, you moron.

Shizuka: Shut up, Ziel.
Gotta love Ziel's dialogue, especially his comments to Hikaru when talked to about himself in "Truth of the Heart".

Sazabi's speech concerning the rebellion and Six's desire for revenge against the Jin (all of which occurs when you've beaten Kagero and escaped Mount Ding Jun Keep  in Book 3).
The fights on the Black Dream were pretty epic, especially the end fight between Scaldar and Gunther.

But my personal favourite moment is the North District of Book 6, mostly where you get to control the Murlocs. And who doesn't like Murlocs? :D
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"

[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

I think book 2 when you are the undead and u gotta help out the trolls and sazabi and stuff, that was a really fun map and I enjoyed that.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
manstein
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by manstein »

Book 2 - Chapter 2-1 (Resurgence)

Shizuka: Well,spider-boy,I hope you know how to fight,because I ain't protecting any envoy.
Scaldar: Your frail form suggests that you will be the one who needs protection.
Ziel: Ha, ha, ha, ha, hah!  I like this guy already. 
Totally go with Larc - this one was fine humor indeed

And of cource - nearly everything featured in book 6

There was another one in book 1 when Miranda and the gang faced Chika and she said "Oh, it's the minister of commerce - I'm shaking in my boots"

Mapwise, my favorite is "Tiger's Claw" in book 5 - but I can't say exactly why that is.
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

How about when Clench and Gorbash show up in the background of "Truth of the Heart" while the protagonists are busy talking. He even orders Gorbash to trash the Dam, having officially gone nuts.

Then there's when Kurumi is making a run for where Nargul is hiding, even preferring to bleed to death than be manipulated.

Additionally, there's Xevious' words regarding the rest of his Dragon Slayer buddies.
Xevious: There is more. Although I have failed... there are more Dragon Slayers - Stronger than I - who will defeat those touched by the Dark Gods