Book 2 Mission 3 ("Forgotten Tower")

Created by RazorclawX, Wanderers of Sorceria tells an epic length story through multiple chapters and books for WarCraft III.

Moderator: RazorclawX

Imban
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Book 2 Mission 3 ("Forgotten Tower")

Post by Imban »

I already cheated to get past it, but I'm wondering how I was supposed to defeat Nara the Shadowpath at the end of this mission with just a level 8 Hokuto, two Nerubian Guardians, a Necromancer, and two Meat Wagons. Her pets eat all my mana and Life Drain makes me lose regardless of whether I stay in melee (and run out of life and die while she heals up to full) or run (and survive a bit longer... but she still heals up). Unlike everything else up to this point, this fight didn't even seem to be theoretically winnable...
Last edited by Imban on Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Re: Book 2 Mission 3 ("Forgotten Tower")

Post by Xenon »

You can beat it handily with a little preparation. If you store up corpses with the Meat Wagons and not use them, you can have the Necros start autocasting skeletons before the fight starts and begin with 8-12 skeletons right off the bat.

Also note that you can use the Spiderlings to build a Crypt in the first half of the level, and use it to research the level 1 armor and weapon upgrades. And the crypt will be teleported into the arena during the Nara fight.  ;)

On a related note, there doesn't seem to be a way to select Hokuto's class... and Command Aura is broken at level 2 and 3...

Edit: Turns out it depends on which class you pick for Nekurow.
Last edited by Xenon on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltimaRaiden
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)
Terran Academy Dropout (Stim Pack scandal)

Re: Book 2 Mission 3 ("Forgotten Tower")

Post by UltimaRaiden »

I actually never thought to summon skeletons ahead of time.  =\  I might've used all my corpses or something.  But, I used one of Kosseimaru's Banshees and possessed a wisp earlier and built a Tree of Ages!   ;D  The tree was pretty durable needless to say and tanked fairly well as my other units wailed away and I spammed Windwalk for the backstab.  I didn't attack until it had cooled-down, so I could immediately re-invis if she tried to use Life Drain.  But since it sound like you guys are using different classes, I dunno about that part.
Last edited by UltimaRaiden on Sun May 10, 2009 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.