New Star Wars Film!

Moderator: Milldawg

Enkidu
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

New Star Wars Film!

Post by Enkidu »

Hey guys, I heard that Episode 8 is on its way. I also just heard news that episode 8 will be coming out December 15, 2017. It's called The Last Jedi...

Are y'all excited? ;D

I AM!!!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: New Star Wars Film!

Post by IskatuMesk »

There's still star wars movies being made?

meh.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

No. The Force Awakens was mediocre pandering filled with hey do you remember this thing from star wars? Wasn't that great? Hey look it's this callback to that thing you liked! Rei was a shitty mary sue and did nothing but look confused while having her mouth half open. Finn and Poe were ok though.

Rogue One was complete trash with no redeeming qualities, I went to see it with a free movie coupon and still feel like I got ripped the fuck off. It was 2 hour movie that had a completely pointless middle 45 minutes, unlikeable characters that were OCdonutsteel tier ripoffs of old EU characters. Then it has even more pandering to stupid neckbeards that will gobble up any old piece of shit with the star wars name on it. Like why the fuck are there AT-ATs on some data center research in the imperial core? Because 'member AT-ATs? I 'member! On top of that the fucking characters don't even have consistent characterization. Why the fuck does spanishmcdouchebag have reservations about killing main girls dad? He hasn't met the dude, doesn't even like main girl and on top of that he was introduced in the film by killing someone he knows in cold blood to escape from the cops. If you liked this movie you are cancer, and have shit taste in movies, fucking die.
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

i havent seen any of the new star wars,

have you guys seen SnowPiercer though? I heard good stuff about it and then stumbled on it about a week or so ago on TV and just got sucked in and ended up watching the whole thing. I thought it was kinda good, the premise is fucking retarded but the execution is top notch, they even gloss over the premise just well enough where the film is like "yeah, thats our story, just go with it" and if you do the reward is a fun choo choo trip.
wibod

Post by wibod »

Snowpiercer is a modern day Equilibrium, dumb movie that is executed incredibly slick and is pretty fun.
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

That does seem like an interesting show. I haven't seen it, but I bet it's good despite the story. It seems foreign though, so that might be why I have never seen it.
SteakofStake
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant
Terran Dropship Flight Attendant

Post by SteakofStake »

I was one of those people that liked star wars growing up because everyone else did, then I watched the movies again when I was out of the herd and I really didn't like them. I watched that new one with the black guy too and it just seemed bad and, like wibod said, pandering to a certain audience
Schwa
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Schwa »

Never really been on the Star Wars train either. I'll watch them and like them while I'm watching them, but I wouldn't say they're outstanding and I wouldn't say they're bad personally (well...some stuff is utterly useless but I don't have the energy to go into detail). I liked the last couple, but I'm not itching to see them again and I'm not overly excited about the next one. I know people who watched the newest ones multiple times (in the same bloody week) and were excited enough to go to midnight showings. I don't really get excited for much anymore these days so I just don't get hyped about it. Only movies I'm looking forward to in any sense that come to mind are Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Pacific Rim 2, both of which could be terrible.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

tbh pacific rim is the only half-decent non-asian film I have seen in a very long time. Nothing about star wars was ever appealing from the bad lore to the bad choreography and nonsensical technicalities. I doubt I will ever bother to even pirate the new films. There is just no grab for me, nothing that says "this is a good movie", it's just another substanceless circlejerk entirely dependent on being trendy and the kind of people who fawn over that shit is an instant tell that it's bad. I had high hopes for The Hobbit but that got dashed pretty hard with all the bad character design (I have no attachment to the written works whatsoever) and PG-13 drive. It also gets pretty bad when I have to find recalibrated videos because official releases are all massacred with this disgusting color tone shit.

Mad Max had some good choreography but as a body it really lacked real definition and ultimately ends up forgettable at best.

JoJo and other anime have spoiled me on writing and characters. There'll not likely be another western production that I enjoy now.
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

IskatuMesk wrote:Image
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

mmmm loli

wait what was this discussion about? lolis?
9SFttkQ.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thalraxal
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Thalraxal »

I still haven't seen Rogue One or The Force Awakens. I'll probably catch them sometime. It really bugs me that it's called "The Last Jedi" though, since the naming pattern thus far has put Jedi/Sith in the title of the last movie of the trilogy (Revenge of the Sith/Return of the Jedi), while the middle movie usually has an action verb, like STRIKES or ATTACK.
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Spoiler