SCNPunk was here?

Moderator: Milldawg

Enkidu
Terran Science Facility Guinea Pig

SCNPunk was here?

Post by Enkidu »

I just read about the history of an old design group called SCNPunk and I caught a glimpse of an old post saying, when they were active, they used to distribute campaigns here at campaign creations a long time ago... Was this true? Did SCNPunk used to make StarCraft campaigns here at CC? :shock:
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Re: SCNPunk was here?

Post by Church »

I've never heard of this group before today, and I've done quite a bit of research on StarCraft fan campaign history, so it's probably safe to say they didn't release any campaign projects.

Otherwise, a quick google search turned up nothing, except plenty of confirmation that the group is long dead. Apparently they had a couple mapmakers and a couple voice actors, and of course a dead geocities link. The name Mark-t is familiar... I swear I've seen the name Mark-T Zeratul or something like that on ModDB or Samods or something, but I could be wrong. I'll do a little investigating. Might not even be the same guy, anyways.

quick update: jumped into the wayback machine to check out http://www.scnpunk.com/ and found it unsurprisingly empty of starcraft content. did get a few annoying popups though. there's one thing i dont miss about the Old Internet
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

I see... Thank you church, I could be wrong about that SCNPunk thing. It's just that when I went to www.scnpunk.com in the wayback machine as well, they had a button that said they were associated with Campaign Creations as well, along with heavengames and a few others. Still, I may be wrong.
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

I tihnk such affiliations were more like, hey, we are modders, lets be part of a network ring, by putting a banner at the bottom to see our "sister sites"
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Affiliations were a 90s thing just like Web Rings and Link Exchanges. It didn't really mean anything other than to advertise that you existed.
Church wrote:I swear I've seen the name Mark-T Zeratul or something like that on ModDB or Samods or something, but I could be wrong
Dark T Zeratul
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Church

Post by Church »

RazorclawX wrote:
Church wrote:I swear I've seen the name Mark-T Zeratul or something like that on ModDB or Samods or something, but I could be wrong
Dark T Zeratul
THAT WAS IT THANKS

turns out i'm an idiot
Enkidu

Post by Enkidu »

No, just the names sound familiar... It's okay, I've had the same thing happen to me! :lol:
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

RCX hit it on the spot for affiliation. Honestly back then Google wasn't the best at finding similar sites, and since then the necessity for "Links" or "Affiliation" hasn't really been necessary for practically 90% of SC1's existence or more. I'd call it more of a gimmick we kept running within the community of sites. I always did think it was great that the same people visited multiple forums, it was like having various groups of friends that intermingled.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator