[Co-op Campaign]Shadow of the Xel'Naga - Testers wanted

Moderator: Milldawg

OutsiderXE
Terran Refinery Attendant

[Co-op Campaign]Shadow of the Xel'Naga - Testers wanted

Post by OutsiderXE »

After more than 5 years this campaign is ready for public testing :)

If you need formal information about this campaign see here (http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/sotx/) and here (http://www.outsiderxe.campaigncreations.org/sotx.php)

The features in short:

7 maps. Extremely varied ranging from tower defense to stealth and more
High quality terrain and cinematics, supported by many custom assets
Playable in singleplayer or two-player co-operative mode on four difficulty levels
-----

Welcome to the beta test of Shadow of the Xel'Naga.

The purpose of this test is to gather as much feedback as possible to create a perfect campaign. This feedback can be about gameplay, difficulty, misunderstandings, bugs, audio/visual problems or anything else you'd like to tell me.

You can send feedback via:

- e-mail to alexandrosdelas@gmail.com
- this thread
- private message: here, sc2mapster.com, instarcraft.de, or hiveworkshop.com (nickname OutsiderXE)
- chat window while playing the map

Send me the replay file regardless of whether you wrote in the chat window or not. Tell me which difficulty level(s) you played the map on.

I'll send you each map link based on the feedback you provided for the previous map (Don't worry, I don't expect you to fill whole pages but 2-3 things would be nice. If you can't find anything wrong then at least write what you liked). the first map is free-to-play for everyone: http://www.outsiderxe.campaigncreations ... SotX01.rar

While I work on fixing the multiplayer your test focuses on the singleplayer part. Don't upload the map on battle.net. Further instructions in the info.txt that comes with the map.

If you have no desire to send feedback or play an incomplete map you might as well wait for the final release. The campaign should be out in late November/early December.

Have fun! (If you don't, tell me why!)

OutsiderXE

outsiderxe.blogspot.com
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: [Co-op Campaign]Shadow of the Xel'Naga - Testers wanted

Post by IskatuMesk »

5 years is a long time. Good job keeping at it.
OutsiderXE

Post by OutsiderXE »

The long journey is coming to an end. Over the past two months I have been revamping all aspects of the campaign. I've fixed bugs, added new features, improved the level design, cinematics, balance, added features from the recently released Legacy of the Void, and much more.

I've also been getting very good feedback from my testers. All of them have earned their spot in the credits that appear at the end of the campaign.

Despite the mere 7 maps this is the biggest mod-project I have ever created. The campaign features a story based on the novel Shadow of the Xel'Naga by Gabriel Mesta. It features single-player as well as a two player co-op mode. Each map has unique gameplay with open-world action, puzzles, MOBA gameplay, Tower Defense, stealth mechanics, dungeon crawler, and base-building.

All maps will be published on November 27th*, and can be played by everyone, on the free Battle.net Arcade.

*I am still testing all maps and the date can be pushed back if I find game-breaking bugs.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Congratulations. Getting something like that finished is always worthwhile, even if it's "merely" 7 maps. I certainly haven't finished 7 maps in my lifetime.