Digging those.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: STOP FUCKING EVERYTHING

Post by Zilla- »

So.... Fallout 4 came out. The only reason i'm posting about it instead of playing it is im at work. its amazing :D

Minor spoilers.
Duh.

I've spent so much time just building things and running some side quests I've barely even scratched the surface of the main quest line. Holy shit its everything I wanted.

also I'm so happy to have a pipboy. the thing is kinda bulky so its not exactly my cellphone holder 24/7, but it is super cool. I'm a fan of the app too (when my network feels cooperative) its kinda fun if you try to avoid using the in game menu and instead need to duck behind cover and fumble with your cellphone to get a stimpack in the middle of battle while shit is flying everywhere.

and the RADIO, granted I think the dj is the weakest so far (compared to THREEDAWG AWWOOOOOOOO or the classy and lovable Mr New Vegas) but the songs are fantastic~ I like the reprises from 3 as well as the new onces they added in (don't they know its the end of the world?). The classical station especially has some of my favourites (including Mars THE BRINGER OF WAR instead of Jupiter the jolly man that's used in every single thing, honestly the whole planets suite is amazing but you only ever hear jupiter everywhere). the ambient music too, I've definitely gotten just completely sucked into the wasteland just listening to it.

So the first day out of the vault, im walking over to the nearby town and all of a sudden the sky gets dark. a green mist settles about. THUNDER AND BADASS GREEN LIGHTNING RAIN FROM ABOVE, jesus fucking christ, this radiation storm was so fucking metal. i was completely taken aback.

speaking of metal. THE WEAPONS. 4 str 4 sta leather belt. UHH. so i'm a fan of pistols, I made this badass 10mm silenced skullfucker that was getting me pretty far, then i found a 10mm that caused an addional bleed effect....that works on robots and turrets and undeads and fucking everything. now ive got badass 10mm mk2. SO good. I've also just recently built this silenced shotgun that just rips through bodies like nothing.

which is good, because i've died to literally everything. bloatflies are impossible to hit (cause i suck at shooters) and have a DoT now, and if you thought cazadors were bad, you haven't seen shit. died to swarms of blood bugs (oh look its a little mosq- OH MY GOD THERE ARE 50 OF THEM) and fucking stingwings (WHY DO YOU HURT SO BAD). its not just bugs though. At an early sidequest location I had to clear out this junkyard, sure, no problem. Looks like just a few mole rats, this will be cake. then the molerats fucking tunneled all around me and i was eaten by a glowing one with spikes coming out of it. dogs? there are a million different types and the only kind that hasn't killed me yet is dogmeat, and thats only because he hasnt stepped on a mine near me yet. Mutant dogs, Raider dogs, Wild dogs, fucking fuck dogs. All the enemies have unique attributes too, ghouls will straight up blitz you, 28 days later got nothing. I've always thought ghouls were just some punk ass bitches but no. they served me up for dinner. chomped my face off. literally. the kill animation was the dude eating my face off. also mirelurks. no longer just some random ass crab people. I'll just leave that at that. TBH i've even taken to just straight up avoiding some mobs because they will fuck my shit up

but sometimes you need too go into the fire. Power. Fucking. Armour. Oh. Baby. this system is really kinda cool. I love swapping out the different pieces and modding the fuck out of the armour too. you can do so many different things, and it feels so badass to jump off the roof into the middle of some random scrap between 2 types of enemies and mowing them down with a minigun, but you're still not invincible and a deathclaw will open you up like a can of tuna.

also. Deathclaws. Scary as shit. not as omniscient as the earlier games though, i actually managed to sneak past one pretty easily, had this been 3 or NV that motherfucker would have seen me from a mile away, but i guess the commonwealth breeds em dumb and blind. they are terrifying though. they hop all around and once youre caught you know youre caught. rumors persist of invisible ones that i'm sure I'll see before too long...

Basically now I've barely eaten since coming back from blizzcon (thanks to lav for stuffing me full of delicious food for a week to prepare [lol you are not prepared]), because making and eating food takes too much time, I've taken off a day from work (i'd take more but i spent them all on getting over hangoveres), I haven't seen any of my real world friends since like october, and I think pretty girl is upset at me for neglecting her (i did warn her).

DOESNT MATTER, GOT FALLOUT
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

I also like this game.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Zilla "Don't Fucking Bother Talking To Me It's Fallout 4 Time" withadash
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

OMG. Bill was trying to get me to tell -zilla about Heroes of the Storm or some bullshit yesterday while both -Zilla and I were trying to play Fallout. Then I had a stupid Fallout story, and Bill told me I should tell -zilla, BUT WE ARE TOO BUSY PLAYING FALLOUT TO HAVE TIME FOR FALLOUT STORIES BILL JESUS WHAT PART OF THIS IS MY LIFE NOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

Just realized that I've put about 215 hours into this game in the past month.

And I started a new game after 180 hours in, because I wasn't happy with the story. And all I've been doing is building settlements (3 down... ).
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

I'm starting a new play though as well, 10 luck + agi, 5 per, 1 everything else. I realized how spoiled i was from being able to pass every speech check and having all the crafting/lockpicking/crafting perks so i figured id just go lucky, sneaky, and shooty. Except I can't always sneak past everything yet cause im low level so I just get stomped every now and then. I built up way too many settlements on my last play through, so i'm trying to avoid them for a while and i'm not just hauling around the entire wasteland anymore. kinda liberating. I'm going to have to establish a main town soon though, once you start building you just cant stop. There are a lot of complaints about it, and tbh a lot of them aren't unfounded but even with all that I had a lot of fun growing towns from just an empty location full of rats or w/e to a shithole with the bare minimums to eventually a minor trade route with a scrap store in case I needed 1 more "whatever" to finish building that last anything that i needed to eventually having it become a completely fenced in community with all kinds of stores and a shitfuck of turrets and artillary and all sorts of shit. Idk, it felt pretty rewarding eventually having like ~75% of the map within bombardment range, and running across random minutemans flailing around. That was my brotherhood playthrough though, i'm kinda looking forward to the character after this (running RailRoad [fucking idiots] this time) where I'll do a proper minutemans playthrough and get literally every potential settlement. I still need to find all those bobbleheads too...
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

During my first play through I basically just threw stuff at settlements until I met the basic requirements, and focused on side quests. By the time I got to the end of the main quest I was really dissatisfied with the story, and just button mashed my way through both the Institute and BoS endings (I have no idea what even happens) to get the achievements. I've already told Bill he will have to properly do one of those story lines so I can watch without getting pissed off.

This time, I installed two mods that add extra items for settlement building + a mod that lets you re-name settlers + made my carry weight like 10,000 + turned off the size limit for settlements. That has made settlement building soooooo much more enjoyable. I've only built up 4 settlements so far, but I was trying to get the Benevolent Leader achievement which was a bitch. And now I'm level 30 something having not done a single quest other than the required Minute Man stuff. I think I'm going to make this a Minute Man playthrough, and try to legit build up all the settlements (but I'm going to have to reset some stuff so it's not too easy). I'll probably make this an "explore/collect every single thing" playthrough as well since I'm already so invested with these damn settlements.

I'm really getting into the roleplaying aspect of my settlements, and have been obsessing about a lot of little details to make things both as realistic as possible while fitting my narratives. I really didn't expect to like that aspect of the game, but here I am basically hoping for a settlement building DLC.
Posy
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Posy »

I'm very conflicted about Fallout 4. I love it, but damn if I don't constantly catch myself thinking, "This has so much potential." It's also telling to me that I've already installed and enjoyed mods so early on. I've tried a ton of mods for FO3 and NV, but wasn't interested until years after their releases. Also, I hated every single mod I tried, because I thought they just took away from the game. But I think FO4 really has a lot of weak points that need to be built upon.

But it's still so damn good and fun.
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

preach on. Realistically I think the game will go pretty far with mods and depending on the DLCs. But then again there are so many times i find myself pining for just a little bit more than what there is. Patrolling the commonwealth almost makes you wish for a nuclear mojave :(

hopefully somebody will do something similar to A tale of two wastelands and will let you revisit the DC/Vegas areas again in newer shinier style, but thats a pipedream