Page 3 of 5

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:13 am
by Hercanic
Hercanic wrote:@Lavarinth So what happens when I do this?

@Lavarinth
:@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth:
@Lavarinthlol
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth@Lavarinth@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth@Lavarinth@Lavarinth @Lavarinth
@Lavarinth @Lavarinth @Lavarinth @Lavarinth @Lavarinth

So is that one notice per post or a notice for each instance of @?

@Lavarinth Are we becoming Twitter? #lolz #lavbeinglav #=oP

And what happens when a mention is quoted?

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:53 am
by Lavarinth
Two notices. One for the original post, one for the quote. Quoting someone also notices them they were quoted.

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 4:40 am
by Posy
Wait wait wait. Back up.

Is there or is there not a sandwich guy?

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:15 am
by Zilla-
Hercanic wrote:@Lavarinth So what happens when I do this?

@Lavarinth
:@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth:
@Lavarinthlol
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth@Lavarinth@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth@Lavarinth@Lavarinth @Lavarinth
@Lavarinth @Lavarinth @Lavarinth @Lavarinth @Lavarinth

So is that one notice per post or a notice for each instance of @?

@Lavarinth Are we becoming Twitter? #lolz #lavbeinglav #=oP


Does it work with being quoted too?


just kidding turns out theres more posts to this thread than meets the eye.

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:50 am
by Hercanic
@Lavarinth - But I quoted myself, not you, so this means if a mention is within a quote, the person will receive another notice.

@Posy - He was arrested by the Health Inspector (yeah, didn't know they could carry handcuffs). You didn't eat anything from him, right? If so, seek immediate medical attention. Those weren't sandwiches at all. (They were gyros.)

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:04 pm
by Revolta
I'm still having some difficulty, basically I bookmark the 'new replies since last visit' link (search.php?search_id=unreadposts) and I'll be logged in until I click a thread. If I open a thread in a new tab i stay logged in but if I click on one I get unlogged, which doesn't really make much sense. I guess i'll just deal with it, not really a big issue unless someone knows whats wrong. I have to run a proxy to get by my school internet since BR is gay so that might be the reason, idk

edit: might be cookies but clearing them did nothing

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:04 pm
by Lavarinth
Hercanic wrote:@Lavarinth - But I quoted myself, not you, so this means if a mention is within a quote, the person will receive another notice.

@Posy - He was arrested by the Health Inspector (yeah, didn't know they could carry handcuffs). You didn't eat anything from him, right? If so, seek immediate medical attention. Those weren't sandwiches at all. (They were gyros.)


I didn't say I got a notice for the quote. I said people quoted get notices. Except quoting yourself, because.. duh.

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:05 pm
by Lavarinth
Revolta wrote:I'm still having some difficulty, basically I bookmark the 'new replies since last visit' link (search.php?search_id=unreadposts) and I'll be logged in until I click a thread. If I open a thread in a new tab i stay logged in but if I click on one I get unlogged, which doesn't really make much sense. I guess i'll just deal with it, not really a big issue unless someone knows whats wrong. I have to run a proxy to get by my school internet since BR is gay so that might be the reason, idk

edit: might be cookies but clearing them did nothing


This may be proxy related as I am not experiencing this issue attempting to replicate it. Anyone else able to try this out?

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:28 pm
by IskatuMesk
CC ocassionally logged me out before for no reason on the old board. I'll keep an eye if it happens again.

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:10 pm
by Mr.
Zilla- wrote:
Hercanic wrote:@Lavarinth So what happens when I do this?

@Lavarinth
:@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth:
@Lavarinthlol
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth@Lavarinth@Lavarinth
@Lavarinth@Lavarinth@Lavarinth @Lavarinth
@Lavarinth @Lavarinth @Lavarinth @Lavarinth @Lavarinth

So is that one notice per post or a notice for each instance of @?

@Lavarinth Are we becoming Twitter? #lolz #lavbeinglav #=oP


Does it work with being quoted too?


just kidding turns out theres more posts to this thread than meets the eye.


Another victim of the unreadable page numbers.

Also what happens with a nested quote! What happens if we include a notification for Lavarinth in every single post anyone makes?

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:12 pm
by Mr.
What happens when we include it in a signature?

EDIT: Apparently nothing, because my signature isn't showing up. I also don't see any option to enable it, but I could just be retarded. Wouldn't it be great if I disabled it on the old board, and now there's no option anymore, so I can't enable it?

EDIT AGAIN: Just kidding, it decided to show up 5 minutes later following no actions on my part.

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:30 pm
by Posy
Hercanic wrote:@Posy - He was arrested by the Health Inspector (yeah, didn't know they could carry handcuffs). You didn't eat anything from him, right? If so, seek immediate medical attention. Those weren't sandwiches at all. (They were gyros.)



So... still no sandwiches?

Worst. Upgrade. Ever.

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:31 pm
by Hercanic
Lavarinth wrote:I didn't say I got a notice for the quote. I said people quoted get notices. Except quoting yourself, because.. duh.

@Lavarinth - What, so you contaminated my research with misleading and irrelevant data? You fail as an assistant/guinea pig. Even so, the work must continue.

You are both quoted and mentioned in this post. If it doesn't give two notices, then which takes priority? That you were quoted or that you were mentioned?

You might be asking yourself, "What does it matter? It's just an unknown trivial detail." Precisely because it's unknown, it must be known.

For Science!

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:36 pm
by Hercanic

Is this mention excluded from the notification list by being contained within a quote?

Re: The New Forum 2015

Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:44 pm
by Hercanic
@Lavarinth - This mention precedes a quote. Is the notification priority between quotes and mentions different as a result of the order in which they are used within a post?

Lavarinth wrote:While I work on the layout, you are free to make any notion of errors or things you believe I may have missed.