Custom Campaign Initiative

Moderator: Milldawg

Hockleberry
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Custom Campaign Initiative

Post by Hockleberry »

Hey folks,

We have a lot of excellent custom campaigns being created/housed at the Custom Campaign Initiative on Sc2Mapster. Please check out if you got the time.

Also, if anyone has a custom campaign for SC2, please let me know and I can link it on the Custom Campaign Initiative.

http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/custom-c ... nitiative/

GlHf

Hockleberry
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Custom Campaign Initiative

Post by Lavarinth »

Hmm... Don't get me wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what we do here already, although our campaigns are usually sought out / recruited instead of being a database. :)

If you're interested in any StarCraft 1 campaigns, (OutsiderXE's campaign already has a forum and co-hosted here,) there's a database being made over here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6645
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I have a custom campaign but it's private and it remains to be seen if it's even possible, yet.

On that note, Gradius has his own custom campaign listing as well.

http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.p ... g&p=195078
Hockleberry

Post by Hockleberry »

IskatuMesk...load it up to Sc2Mapster and get it tested. I've just started plowing through the editor so I'm so newb and feel ya!! I'm sure your campaign/maps is/are way better than mine! The Custom Campaign Initiative at Sc2Mapster is trying to support and grow the campaign scene in Starcraft 2.

Lavarinth...I didn't see a lot of Starcraft 2 campaigns on this site. I thought it was mainly a SC1 site so that is why I posted. There are some really good campaigns on the CCI and a lot of "works in progress." I think the CC and Sc2Mapster should be supporting and helping each other respective scenes. :)
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Haha, there's nothing to test yet. I'm waiting for JademusSreg to solve some issues with the AI before I can even begin thinking about that. I can easily handle all of the testing solo, anyways.

There's not a lot of sc2 campaigns here because no one really cared about starcraft 2. Not many people were around when it came out who were interested in making custom content, and fewer yet desired to transition to it. I suppose it is possible my research and discoveries, and possible success of finally conquering a B&D computer AI for campaigns, may encourage one or two. But there's a lot of barriers to overcome before then.