Moderator: Milldawg

Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge

League of Legends World Championship 2014

Post by Hercanic »

...will be held in Korea this year.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/e ... outh-korea

So, who's going? I'm already in Korea, my wife is a huge LoL fan, and it'll be our 10-year anniversary, so we're definitely going.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: League of Legends World Championship 2014

Post by IskatuMesk »

I keep telling you, I'm not your wife... but with a beard like that.... well... maybe we can make an exception this one time.

I'd love to go, but y'know. People, money, cats, cars, travel, money.
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

Easily solved!
sunglasses.jpg
prostitution.jpg
cat carrier.jpg
taxi.jpg
Valium.jpg
panhandle.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

dat sum klassy spectacles
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

I went, I saw, and I came back with tons o' swag.

I'm living in Japan now, so it was a bit trickier than if I was still in Korea. Most of the weekend trip was spent in travel. Exhausting, but fun!

Phreak says hi!
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

Milldawg and I were trying to spot you and V on the stream. Sadly, no success. Glad you had a good time. Did you get to meet any of the fine folk (other than Phreak)?
Hercanic

Post by Hercanic »

We were in one of the two corners (left, if looking out from the stage), lower-mid seats. We brought a friend, so we chose a cluster of three seats further away than we could have because they were together rather than staggered. The people on stage were about an inch tall, but each corner had a massive screen to see everything clearly.

During intermissions, Riot staff came out and threw swag at people. It was hilarious hearing Koreans shouting English to catch their attention, "We love you~!" "You're so pretty/handsome!" They swarmed around the staff with eagerly outstretched hands. It was a mad grab-fest when those toys came flying. V caught a Teemo mushroom only to have it ripped out of her hands in the next split second. For the first three intermissions, we pretty much concluded we weren't going to get a single item. Squishy Poros, Zigg bombs, Teemo mushrooms, Jinx Chomper grenades, Lulu cupcakes, we hoped to get at least one, but we valued keeping our fingers intact. At the fourth intermission, Lady Luck winked at us and one toy after another landed perfectly at our seats. We got a mushroom, grenade, and Poro. Then, after the event, when most people had cleared out, we came across a Riot employee who liked V's "Don't Chase Singed" t-shirt (even better since Singed was played in the third match) and tossed us a couple Zigg bombs. W00t! We got one of everything, except a Lulu cupcake. Ah well, can't have everything, eh?

We spied Phreak being filmed for the post-tournament wrap-up, and took up stalker positions between the spotlights. A woman sitting behind the cameras was busily playing Candy Crush on her cellphone. When it seemed they were finished and taking off their microphones, our extroverted friend shouted "WE LOVE YOU DAVID!" which snapped up his attention. He paused, contemplated for a moment, then slowly grinned and made a small wave. I wasn't sure if he had any idea it was us, or if he could even see us that well behind the bright spotlights, but the next day he called us out on it.

Late Monday afternoon, we had lunch together at a random kimbop shop and ate a dish of spicy cuttlefish. We also met Kaitlyn, who was very nice and fun to talk to. Passed a few other Riot employees on the street, and Phreak got stopped by a fan for a photo. After that, we had some fancy Milkcow ice cream, but conversation was cut short because we had to catch our flight. Our trip was too short! Curse you, work!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

I still wish I had gone for the LA event, though it seems to be more intense now, or perhaps simply the location made it so.

So you're telling me he still isn't going to refer me for their social media or community management position? :3
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator