Blizzcon 2013

Moderator: Milldawg

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Blizzcon 2013

Post by IskatuMesk »

Someone described the internet to me in a perfect way a little while ago. The internet basically gives a voice to all of those completely crazy nutjobs that would otherwise just be restricted to the corner of the street.

The only thing this empowers is clickbait idiocy like RPS.
UntamedLoli
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by UntamedLoli »

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

oh my god

they actually glorified those neckbeards

ahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA

wow, browder you are a smart one
tf-
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by tf- »

This doesn't surprise me, be waiting for the RPS piece to inform the masses that all is well and going completely 180 on Browder/Blizz, bizarre bullying of others over normal views followed by fellating praise and invitation into the enlightened fold after the other side relents is how these internet activist people perpetuate themselves, it's the same theatrics every time.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

One of the things that always amuses me about RPS is that they like to repost studies that show that violent videogames don't cause violence, yet they're adamant that Nova's roller girl outfit will cause sexism.

Also it seems like Blizz wants to adopt the lol model of business with hots (ie hero rotation pay for heroes you want) which is kind of shitty. I still don't think there's any info about whether its more like lol or dota2 (gold above all else vs team comp and mobility), but who really expects games journalists to ask about gameplay these days.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I don't think anyone is going to cry when yet another moba enters the market and turns out to have a shitty model of business. It's not like anyone is actually going to take it seriously to begin with.
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

I guess those guys didn't pay any attention to the cosplay contest. I think it's a pretty good indication that Blizzard's character designs are not offensive to the majority of the female fanbase when many of them are so un-offended that they go through the trouble to re-create and model them.

Of course the uber-feminists at that site probably think anyone who isn't offended is "oppressed" by "patriarchy". Ugh.

In most cases, behavior has a bigger effect on a person's dignity than attire. If the characters start crawling around like Miley Cyrus, that's something worth worrying about.

See also this old thread: link