Extra! Extra! Lavarinth Banned Pr0nogo

Moderator: Milldawg

Diabolicalbug
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)

Re: Extra! Extra! Lavarinth Banned Pr0nogo

Post by Diabolicalbug »

I'm not posting here to debate the ban or cry out against it. I accept responsibility for what I did, and I acknowledge that the ban should have, in fact, taken place. But I'm not going to let you lie about what happened, Lavarinth, and I think we both know just how badly you've lied.

The first, temporary ban came not from delinquency but from a strange misunderstanding. I actually refuse to believe that Lavarinth banned me initially for any reason other than spite, as the ban reason read, "Antireligious signature content. Non-negotiable even if it is 'song lyrics'. You intentionally showed it in the Vile Egression thread and subsequently hid it from your following posts."

I actually found this hilarious, because a year and a half prior to the ban, I went to Ventrilo and notified Lavarinth of an unfixable bug with my signature; I couldn't edit it or remove it, only toggle its display off - which I did. It still appeared in blog posts, however, which is where Lavarinth found the content - not the Vile Egression thread. When I attempted to contact him about the ban after it took place and remind him of the signature bug - hoping it was a misunderstanding and that he'd acknowledge his mistake - he blocked me on AIM.

I decided that I would no longer be a part of the community, assuming that I had no choice as there was no displayed timer on the ban. Eventually, however, I was unbanned, and months following that I began posting again, willing to let the past stay in the past. Then came the night where the trolls crawled out from beneath their bridges, and I was invited along to partake in the hilarity. I was bored and half asleep, so I did indeed come along - but after I was kicked from the server the first few times, I stopped spamming the server. I suppose that Lavarinth failed to notice that there were several of us messing around that night, and the blame fell solely on me - a fair enough assumption, I suppose.

Again, I'm not writing this to ask for amnesty. I fully understand the ban and I'm not here to debate that. But I won't let Lavarinth, or Ricky, or Ricky's workers get away with lying about the circumstances of anything surrounding my forced leave. So, here comes the truth train.

He was being immature, stupid, and inconsiderate to others so I banned him. This was his nth instance of him making such actions. They range from idiotic things like joining and leaving, to ridiculous long spammed comments, and at the worst: having 10+ accounts of various legit users such as Milldawg, Zilla-, etc to log in as them.

These all happened in the same half hour. I suppose if you count all of my clicks as instances, it counts as an 'nth instance'. I also don't have accounts in my Ventrilo client besides my own and nunu.

There is no sane, reasonable reason to have any of that or do any of those things.

Coming from the person who bans a user for being unable to fix an error that you refused to tend to, this actually sounds pretty legit. If your only reason was, "I felt like it", why should mine be any different?

I told him to get out (of this forum) before the last campaign contest for his stupidity before

Actually, you whined about me being disrespectful to other people, and resorted to ad hominem when I replied with an actual argument.

then invited him back personally only for the sake of having another contestant, I honestly had no other reason to bring him back. I gritted my teeth inviting him back.

You invite a known troll back to the forum and you don't blame yourself in part for what happened? As for 'gritting your teeth', your PM seemed pretty genuine to me. Or do you often claim people have 'a lot to offer'?

He acted a fool soon after and he was banned here on the forum and vent.

You lie more than my dad does. Good thing I already busted this myth.

I unbanned him and he started to bring his lackeys to my vent.

My 'lackeys' were all very frequent members of FFS and your server/forum for much longer than I had been.

My vent. Meaning I do what I want on it.

This is all you needed to say. You don't need any other excuse. You don't need tall tales and fantastical events. You don't need justification of any kind. Just say this and be respectable. Don't lie about the situation to make you seem like less of a cunt. Just own it. If someone doesn't like it, tough. It's your Ventrilo and your forum.

I dealt with his stupidity after a while, then decided I didn't want to anymore. In an instant, he was banned. He tries over and over to login with different IPs, but if I'm around it lasts a few seconds to a few minutes.

Yeah, I haven't tried to log on after that night. What does a lie like this even accomplish? How does it make you look better?

If I don't know someone and they even remotely sound like a friend of Pr0nogo or I think they are affiliated with his continued antics, I ban them.

That sounds like even worse treatment than what I got. Sorry, Mark!

Clearly the guy can't get a clue: No one liked him.

Does 'no one' include the people you continuously ban, or any of the affiliates I've had on this forum?

Anyone, and I do mean this: ANYONE who I asked about banning him shared distaste. And that's majority of the people in this thread, active participants of vent

Does 'anyone' include the people you continuously ban, or any of the affiliates I've had on this forum? Shit, did you even ask a single other person?

and people who had to deal with him on AIM.

So... Mesk? The guy to whom I send royalty free music and nothing else? You blocked me quite a while ago - you know, when I asked you about the first ban.

Oh, and this next paragraph is hilarious.

If he had the ability to come up with his own original content instead of ripping off Isk's self-created characters, personas, etc. I may have spared him.

I had a campaign about Mesk rip-offs? Are you confusing me with Mark's entry, Black and Sunny? Or even worse, are you confusing me with Heart of the Swarm and the inclusion of Amon? That would sure be embarrassing!

If he had the kindness to stop pestering campaign creators of CC that "omg can I voice your campaign and you rerelease it" with his mediocre shitty voice acting (it REALLY is bad), I may have spared him.

"I don't like the way you did something two years ago, so you're banned." You're also referring to a single instance.

If he had not audibly raped Laconius' campaign with his own version of voice overs and ongoing triumph about how his general-rip-off is better than the creator's work after multiple requests that he refrain from using Laconius' work, I may have spared him.

Yes, because I ever said that my version was better, because Laconius' campaign had good voice acting to begin with, and because we haven't already been over this. Why are you still bringing it up? Did you think I wouldn't come around again to remind everyone of how wrong you are? And wait, someone asked me not to do it? When? Nobody sent me this information. Did you just think it out loud in the middle of a taco binge and forget about it afterwards?

If he didn't find any and all methods to communicate to my begging for an SC2 beta key years ago, I may have spared him.

Dude. It's really sad to see you making up shit left and right for dramatic effect. I really hope you come to your senses and stop. You'll turn into a pathological liar over some dumbass clicking a button a few times.

If he didn't bother to try to attack me with my real name and real life information, I may have spared him.

"Yeah, dude, remember that time he joined Vent just to tell Lavarinth that he wasn't impersonating him on twitch, so he wouldn't get angry and throw random lies out at a flock of sheep? What a faggot. I bet he sucks nunu cocks for a living!"

I have watched you make a tired mockery out of your reputation time and time again over me and only me. It's actually hilarious how many times you lie, just to try to prove the point that you were justified in banning me. I won't debate that particular point, because I'd have banned me, too, but I find it really sad - and I do mean sad - that you have gone to such miserable lengths as to smear your face along your keyboard until something legible comes out and call it an administrator-level response. If you're no longer suitable for the emotional and mental responsibility of being a just administrator - which you have certainly shown here, since you can't even express the responsibility of the average forumgoer - then it's time that you step down. You've done a lot of crazy, stupid shit just because I ticked you off, and it's a bit of a revelation to know that you were so deeply marred by my simple trolling that you felt it necessary to lie and lie and lie again. I hope that you take the time to seriously consider what I say here, and even if you do nothing but deny my words publicly, I hope you accept responsibility for your actions privately. This isn't for other people to see and understand, this is just for you. I'm speaking directly to you with this post, and I want you to understand that even if you delete this post, or edit the content within, you can't erase the message that it delivered to you, personally.

I bid you good day, sir.
-Darion

Ahri is op. Lucian is up. I play Amumu and still lose game. Nununununununununu op
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

For someone comfortable with the decision of being banned, you sure do seem to ask a lot of questions. You know what they say... "The more you talk..."

Anyway, I can't distinguish if Diabolical is the legit account of the user, or Pr0nogo posing as that individual, so until the next time he's met somewhere, such as Vent, etc, his posting ability is disabled.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
mAc Chaos
Zerg Zergling Groomer
Zerg Zergling Groomer

Post by mAc Chaos »

Since when does getting banned mean "come back and keep arguing under another account."

18 is not that young either. Aekenon's sister was only 14 years old when she joined Chaos Sanctuary and she behaved fine. You pretty much have to go out of your way to get banned at most places.
http://sanctuary-inc.net/
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

Pronogo wrote:I had a campaign about Mesk rip-offs? Are you confusing me with Mark's entry, Black and Sunny?
Black and Sunny is obviously a parody of Black Sun, even the name is a pun of it... I have never intended on ripping Mesk's stuff in any malicious ways, even the ships I copied from TOA lore (which was originally meant to be put into Black and Sunny as sprites) was scrapped as entirely new ships altogether.
Iskatumesk wrote:who is that mark guy lol

EDIT.

I personally have nothing against Prog nor do I have anything to say about his ban. I respect the guy because he's a decent writer and a good terrainer. I thought his voice acting wasn't as bad as Lavarinth said, I mean for people who practiced voice acting as a kid like Mesk, it is easy, but for someone who just started a few years back by trail and error, it is a valiant effort.

I've never been on Vent, AIM, nor any activities outside this forum, so in reality the only thing I know about Prog is from this forum and maybe his youtube channel (which I visit every haft a year or so...). Because so, I have no idea how "annoying" he can be like everybody complained (especially Ricky and Mesk who are some of the calmer people I've met.).

From the forums, I thought he wasn't a terrible person, maybe a tad childish sometimes, but at least a lot less obnoxious then all the random, pointless GIF spams that plagued this place every now and then. Maybe it was just because of Lav cleaning the forum every now and then that created this illusion...

Like I said, I've never knew him to be such a rebel.

Wait a minute, was Chriso banned too?

EDIT_2.

Never mind, I think Chriso banned himself...

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Ah, how complex life may be.

With a few days to let loose, we return to our regular charm. Yes, someone was banned. Yes, it became public and there were complications. Now that some of us chimed in with our thoughts, I believe the topic is past and concluded. I removed some posts to reduce the amount of information in this thread, but overall I'd say the conversation has concluded. In a few days, this thread may be removed.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator