Extra! Extra! Lavarinth Banned Pr0nogo

Moderator: Milldawg

User avatar

Topic author
Chriso
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 am
Status: Offline

Extra! Extra! Lavarinth Banned Pr0nogo

Postby Chriso » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:10 am

wat why did pronongo get banned lol


EDIT BY ADMIN:

I have split the posts from the original post to make it public that Pr0nogo was banned. FYI: This was is his second (and permanent) ban.

This was the original topic: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=6756
Image
#steehlrain

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6580
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: wtf so op man

Postby Lavarinth » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:43 am

I got tired of deleting every other post he made for them being stupid. I get it, he's 18. He's a child. But after a three month ban and still doing it, why not permanent and not deal with it? :hah: That and he's annoying as hell on Vent and everyone constantly complains about him doing stupid things on it.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator

User avatar

mark_009_vn
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:56 am
Location: [[THIS USER, HE IS A CHAR]]
Status: Offline

Re: wtf so op man

Postby mark_009_vn » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:44 pm

Chriso wrote:wat why did pronongo get banned lol


Provocative song lyrics or something, don't know, watch one of his Grape Hour episode... :P

So he's perma banned for good? I didn't remember him being annoying... Never went on Vent though...
Image

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka

User avatar

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Posts: 2023
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:50 pm
Status: Offline

wtf so op man

Postby Ricky_Honejasi » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 pm

mark_009_vn wrote:So he's perma banned for good? I didn't remember him being annoying... Never went on Vent though...


On vent, he made a comment such as "ajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaj" which when chat-to-voiced (constant "A"s then "J"s), it could be heard across all sub-channels of the vent server.

It was worse if it was during the FFS event where he intentionally went to another sub-channel (which he couldn't hear me speaking) then I was frapping the games thus meaning I have to break recording *JUST* to tell him to stop or to ban him.

He is like the first person I ever banned willingly (from vent) and honestly not caring much if he stays banned. Usually I tend to be ridiculously patient to the point of annoying others that wouldn't mind if said annoying person is plain banned.

EDIT : And to return to the thread's main intention, pick any SC2 video from http://www.youtube.com/user/Honejasi ! Shameless plug-in!

If you want something specific, this video where we tried to spawn too many units towards the end of the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr0ELz5mOM4 (about 23:00 and onwards)

User avatar

mark_009_vn
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:56 am
Location: [[THIS USER, HE IS A CHAR]]
Status: Offline

Re: wtf so op man

Postby mark_009_vn » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:On vent, he made a comment such as "ajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaj" which when chat-to-voiced (constant "A"s then "J"s), it could be heard across all sub-channels of the vent server.

It was worse if it was during the FFS event where he intentionally went to another sub-channel (which he couldn't hear me speaking) then I was frapping the games thus meaning I have to break recording *JUST* to tell him to stop or to ban him.


lol.

Never knew Prog was quite the rebel...





Also one question I'd like to ask.

I get it, he's 18. He's a child.


Image


PRONOGO REALLY IS JUST 18?!

Omg...
Image

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka

User avatar

Diabolicalbug
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Terran Settler (Unemployed)
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:30 am
Status: Offline

wtf so op man aaaaaaa

Postby Diabolicalbug » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:
mark_009_vn wrote:So he's perma banned for good? I didn't remember him being annoying... Never went on Vent though...


On vent, he made a comment such as "ajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaj" which when chat-to-voiced (constant "A"s then "J"s), it could be heard across all sub-channels of the vent server.

It was worse if it was during the FFS event where he intentionally went to another sub-channel (which he couldn't hear me speaking) then I was frapping the games thus meaning I have to break recording *JUST* to tell him to stop or to ban him.

He is like the first person I ever banned willingly (from vent) and honestly not caring much if he stays banned. Usually I tend to be ridiculously patient to the point of annoying others that wouldn't mind if said annoying person is plain banned.

EDIT : And to return to the thread's main intention, pick any SC2 video from http://www.youtube.com/user/Honejasi ! Shameless plug-in!

If you want something specific, this video where we tried to spawn too many units towards the end of the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr0ELz5mOM4 (about 23:00 and onwards)


Firstly, that was not Pr0nogo that did the "Ajajajajajajaja" thing, that was Shadow. Don't blame him for something he didn't do, he did spam the comments, but he never did something THAT annoying while there were other people on the server. That's flat out lying, I expect better from you Ricky.

I understand the FFS thing, but he was attempting to just get out of your hair then, he thought you were mad at him, so he left and decided, "Hey, I'm gonna leave Ricky alone." after you seemed to finish speaking. I thought you were done, and I was there listening to the whole thing, I didn't know you had more to say after that because your mic literally was not going, at least not broadcasting.

Pr0nogo was banned because he was joining in and out quite a bit. I get it, but you guys lying about what actually happened doesn't need to happen, just tell the truth. There was an actual reason, but there isn't a reason to lie about it.

I'm not fighting it, going, "down with the leaders!" over this. I just think that you should not misdirect the rest of the community about it. Just tell them what he actually did, they'll understand, they're not five year olds.
Ahri is op. Lucian is up. I play Amumu and still lose game. Nununununununununu op

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8789
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: wtf so op man

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:18 am

Are you Vet? I wondered who the hell you were all this time.

People joining/leaving in rapid succession just to spam TTS get banned pretty quickly.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Posts: 2023
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:50 pm
Status: Offline

Re: wtf so op man

Postby Ricky_Honejasi » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:44 am

Diabolicalbug wrote:
Firstly, that was not Pr0nogo that did the "Ajajajajajajaja" thing, that was Shadow. Don't blame him for something he didn't do, he did spam the comments, but he never did something THAT annoying while there were other people on the server. That's flat out lying, I expect better from you Ricky.

I understand the FFS thing, but he was attempting to just get out of your hair then, he thought you were mad at him, so he left and decided, "Hey, I'm gonna leave Ricky alone." after you seemed to finish speaking. I thought you were done, and I was there listening to the whole thing, I didn't know you had more to say after that because your mic literally was not going, at least not broadcasting.

Pr0nogo was banned because he was joining in and out quite a bit. I get it, but you guys lying about what actually happened doesn't need to happen, just tell the truth. There was an actual reason, but there isn't a reason to lie about it.

I'm not fighting it, going, "down with the leaders!" over this. I just think that you should not misdirect the rest of the community about it. Just tell them what he actually did, they'll understand, they're not five year olds.


Are you saying it's "Shadowflare" that did that?

Even before banning, I even asked the FFS players about it to check vent while I was frapping. As far I remember, 1 or 2 of them said it was Pronogo then I find out Pronogo in a sub-channel all alone for no good reason and I am relatively sure he had some remaining annoying text comment.

If I did misfire on someone, it might as well be him considering its past temporally bans on the site. I am not going to claim that I was 100% right but that's as far I see and remember the events, it went like that.

Now, even if I am somehow horribly mistaken about it, it's just a ban from Vent that he could appeal Lavarinth to unban him.

Ultimately, I consider this to be no longer important considering Lavarinth now perma-banned him from this site and highly probably from vent too. This is implying that Pronogo poked Lavarinth again the really wrong way again on the site side.

IskatuMesk wrote:Are you Vet? I wondered who the hell you were all this time.

People joining/leaving in rapid succession just to spam TTS get banned pretty quickly.


No, Diabolicalbug is someone else completely although he is a friend of Vet. Presuming I didn't mix up anything.

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6580
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: wtf so op man

Postby Lavarinth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:14 am

Diabolicalbug, calm the fuck down, son, here is your update and real deal. For starters, I banned him and didn't say a word about it. I was debating whether or not to make this public and decided: HEY, WHY NOT? He likes to make a jerk of himself, I may as well return the favor.

He was being immature, stupid, and inconsiderate to others so I banned him. This was his nth instance of him making such actions. They range from idiotic things like joining and leaving, to ridiculous long spammed comments, and at the worst: having 10+ accounts of various legit users such as Milldawg, Zilla-, etc to log in as them. There is no sane, reasonable reason to have any of that or do any of those things. I told him to get out (of this forum) before the last campaign contest for his stupidity before, then invited him back personally only for the sake of having another contestant, I honestly had no other reason to bring him back. I gritted my teeth inviting him back. He acted a fool soon after and he was banned here on the forum and vent. I unbanned him and he started to bring his lackeys to my vent. My vent. Meaning I do what I want on it. I dealt with his stupidity after a while, then decided I didn't want to anymore. In an instant, he was banned. He tries over and over to login with different IPs, but if I'm around it lasts a few seconds to a few minutes.

If I don't know someone and they even remotely sound like a friend of Pr0nogo or I think they are affiliated with his continued antics, I ban them. Clearly the guy can't get a clue: No one liked him. Anyone, and I do mean this: ANYONE who I asked about banning him shared distaste. And that's majority of the people in this thread, active participants of vent, and people who had to deal with him on AIM. No. One. Liked. Him. No. One.

If he had the ability to come up with his own original content instead of ripping off Isk's self-created characters, personas, etc. I may have spared him. If he had the kindness to stop pestering campaign creators of CC that "omg can I voice your campaign and you rerelease it" with his mediocre shitty voice acting (it REALLY is bad), I may have spared him. If he had not audibly raped Laconius' campaign with his own version of voice overs and ongoing triumph about how his general-rip-off is better than the creator's work after multiple requests that he refrain from using Laconius' work, I may have spared him. If he didn't find any and all methods to communicate to my begging for an SC2 beta key years ago, I may have spared him. If he didn't bother to try to attack me with my real name and real life information, I may have spared him.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator


Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:48 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: wtf so op man

Postby Mr. » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Ricky_Honejasi wrote:
Diabolicalbug wrote:Firstly, that was not Pr0nogo that did the "Ajajajajajajaja" thing, that was Shadow. Don't blame him for something he didn't do, he did spam the comments, but he never did something THAT annoying while there were other people on the server. That's flat out lying, I expect better from you Ricky.


Are you saying it's "Shadowflare" that did that?

Even before banning, I even asked the FFS players about it to check vent while I was frapping. As far I remember, 1 or 2 of them said it was Pronogo then I find out Pronogo in a sub-channel all alone for no good reason and I am relatively sure he had some remaining annoying text comment.


No, it was pronogo. I remember one especially bad instance in which pronogo was spamming the hell out of vent, and Ricky thought it was Mesk, and was asking Mesk to stop. I thought it was Mesk too, at first, because the voice almost sounded similar, but he was laughing and saying "I'm not Mesk," and upon actually looking at vent, it was pronogo. And he was being INCREDIBLY obnoxious.

Not like "tee hee I'm going to make some annoying sounds," but more like "I'm going to effectively block and disrupt all communication going on in this server, and likely induce some headaches." Not to mention being a dipshit on the forums.

User avatar

Church
a.k.a. the REAL Lavarinth
a.k.a. the REAL Lavarinth
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: now here, nowhere
Status: Offline

Re: wtf so op man

Postby Church » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:10 pm

Lavarinth wrote:Clearly the guy can't get a clue: No one liked him. ... No. One. Liked. Him. No. One.


Well, actually

But I don't really blame you for banning him.
StarCraft Fan Campaign Listing

Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8789
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: wtf so op man aaaaaaa

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:11 pm

Diabolicalbug wrote:Pr0nogo was banned because he was joining in and out quite a bit. I get it, but you guys lying about what actually happened doesn't need to happen, just tell the truth. There was an actual reason, but there isn't a reason to lie about it.


Sounds like you have no idea why he was banned and are just grasping at straws.

/e

I was willing to back pornogo up and give him the benefit of the doubt where all others wanted him gone for a very, very long time, and it's likely the only reason he wasn't banned an eternity ago was solely because of me. I saw a lot of potential in him. But when he intentionally tried to impersonate me and annoy the fuck out of us repeatedly when I told him to stop, I have absolutely no regrets about getting rid of him. People need to get the fuck off my balls and grow some of their own.

I hope he learns from this and improves as a person, because I still think he has a lot of potential. He just needs to mature a bit to really take advantage of it. If that means a perm, then by all means, it is a necessary step.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Krazy
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:49 am
Status: Offline

Re: Extra! Extra! Lavarinth Banned Pr0nogo

Postby Krazy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Lavarinth strikes me as a pretty mellow mod compared to many, and his patience re; porn-go was admirable. And Ricky is probably the most patient person I have ever met. If you incur Ricky's displeasure, you had to have been actively trying to get banned, and I feel like this, in short, was a long time coming.

User avatar

Topic author
Chriso
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:46 am
Status: Offline

Re: Extra! Extra! Lavarinth Banned Pr0nogo

Postby Chriso » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:24 pm

what so he might get unbanned?
Image
#steehlrain

User avatar

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator
Posts: 6580
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: His Ashworld Planet
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Extra! Extra! Lavarinth Banned Pr0nogo

Postby Lavarinth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:07 pm

Chriso wrote:what so he might get unbanned?


No.

Jim_Raynor wrote:
Lavarinth wrote:Clearly the guy can't get a clue: No one liked him. ... No. One. Liked. Him. No. One.


Well, actually

But I don't really blame you for banning him.


Jim, you were one of the reasons I kept Pr0nogo around. Rather, left him to his antics. I saw he worked closely with you, and I respect your efforts in creating campaigns and content. However, while you strike me as someone respectable, Pr0nogo was anything but. I find it unfortunate that he is the one to turn out like this when you put much effort in your work, and I hope his being banned doesn't limit your creativity in the future.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests