Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Project Titan: Restarted

Post by Hercanic »

[Source]

Project Titan: Restarted
Diablo 3 PvP: Restarted
Diablo 3 patches: Slow as shit

I can't help but wonder if Blizzard has become so scared of failure that they don't do anything at all. To be fair, though, they've axed large projects in the past, like Starcraft: Ghost and Warcraft Adventures: Lord of Clans.

With this news, I'd say it's safe to assume BlizzCon'13 will revolve entirely around a D3 expansion, accounting for their drip-feed updates on D3.
Spoiler
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Project Titan: Restarted

Post by IskatuMesk »

ok
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

Hercanic wrote:I can't help but wonder if Blizzard has become so scared of failure that they don't do anything at all.
It's possible. For example, I have been so certain that they would have jumped on the premium maps aspect for SC2 by now and I didn't see any solid news about it forever. Heck, not even a basic built-in donation system which would be the most safe system money-wise if we don't include microtransactions for specific goods.

Meanwhile, I heard some more serious mapmakers already set up their site allowing donations and they only need to add the players' account tags to their map to grant them whatever perk or bonus for it. It's certain Blizzard already know about it.

Or maybe Blizzard just wisen up and they are reflecting and reflecting a long time before they make any important move (SC2 or other games) that have the potential to go very wrong. After all, their reputation did took some real hits and backlash that they never really experienced before SC2 and Diablo 3.
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian
Terran Command Center Custodian

Post by Dread »

Hercanic wrote:With this news, I'd say it's safe to assume BlizzCon'13 will revolve entirely around a D3 expansion, accounting for their drip-feed updates on D3.
Whatever helps you sleep better at night. :3
- - - Dread