Post by Lavarinth »

- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Re: Hearthstone

Post by Hercanic »

Is this Project Titan? It fits the bill for something that can be played over "social media" like Facebook.
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

looks like magic with warcraft names slapped on
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian

Post by Dread »

Hercanic wrote:Is this Project Titan? It fits the bill for something that can be played over "social media" like Facebook.
I don't think so. They've been talking about it like a side project. A fun announcement for a venue like PAX Prime. My guess is the later Blizzcon being the big reveal for Titan.
Mucky wrote:looks like magic with warcraft names slapped on
It's basically the digital WoWTCG. The WoWTCG has been around since 2005. I've actually had some fun playing this game with friends. Really it's the raid component that I've liked the most. They released a bunch of raid decks that are basically big boss decks that one person plays against a group of friends who each have their own class decks. You progress through bosses, gain loot items, etc. It can be pretty fun to do every once in a while.

I mean there are a lot of card games out there that aren't Magic so I'm not really going to hold it against them for making a digital version of one that they've supported pretty well in card form with Upperdeck then Cryptozoic. The card art is pretty nice, the cards themselves are sometimes pretty funny, based on community members or memorable events from Warcraft. It has some unique mechanics and quirks to it, like any card game will, and it's a nice addition like anything else.

It's just a fun side project, free to play. Works for me.
I found this card in a pack. Made me chuckle.
- - - Dread
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

The only thing I'm aware of Project Titan was "it's geared for a casual audience" which was said during my tour of Blizzard, twice.

I actually thing this might BE Project Titan, but I hope it's not. The reasoning it might be? Project Titan had one single entrance, to my understanding, in the building complex, that means one floor. If I recall correctly, other projects had multiple floors. WoW obviously had the most. I recall walking through at least one floor of SC2, but can't remember if there was more than that. Overall Project Titan didn't seem all that.. grand in size.

EDIT: At least we know what BlizzCon beta keys will be.
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

This is not Titan. It's just development time that should have gone into an actual game.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

IskatuMesk wrote:This is not Titan. It's just development time that should have gone into an actual game.
It's a really small staff that worked on it. :V
- - Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Blizzard's approach of quantity over quality isn't necessary.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Lavarinth wrote:The only thing I'm aware of Project Titan was "it's geared for a casual audience" which was said during my tour of Blizzard, twice.

I actually thing this might BE Project Titan, but I hope it's not.
It's not Titan. They already said that when they announced this game.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Dread

Post by Dread »

Lavarinth wrote:The only thing I'm aware of Project Titan was "it's geared for a casual audience" which was said during my tour of Blizzard, twice.

I actually thing this might BE Project Titan, but I hope it's not. The reasoning it might be? Project Titan had one single entrance, to my understanding, in the building complex, that means one floor. If I recall correctly, other projects had multiple floors. WoW obviously had the most. I recall walking through at least one floor of SC2, but can't remember if there was more than that. Overall Project Titan didn't seem all that.. grand in size.

EDIT: At least we know what BlizzCon beta keys will be.
With their practically huge type IV bag of holdings full of cash maybe they've just started building incredibly large multi-floor complexes behind deceivingly small single-door entrances. You get inside and suddenly spiral staircases and vast numbers of beautifully adorned fixtures and fountains streaming wine everywhere!

Hahaha, I don't think BlizzCon beta keys will be about Hearthstone. During their announcement and subsequent interviews they said they wanted to be in beta for April and through the summer. They made a point to emphasize that they meant real calendar time, not the Blizzard kind that would see summer spill over in to whenever. They want to release in 2013, like, the real calendar 2013, not Blizzard 2013. Their wording, lol.

Although I totally expect treasure troves of Hearthstone related card packs.
IskatuMesk wrote:Blizzard's approach of quantity over quality isn't necessary.
More people, bigger events, more drinking.
RazorclawX wrote:It's not Titan. They already said that when they announced this game.
I had also read and/ or heard this stated somewhere as well but I couldn't find the source so I didn't mention it. I'm really glad to know that I wasn't imagining things.
- - - Dread
Whiplash!
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Whiplash! »

Looks fun. I've really missed the Warcraft universe since I stopped playing wow years ago and this is a great way to experience it again :)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

I still don't get why people are so interested in "card games"... or poker in that regards...

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
Dread

Post by Dread »

They're fun. :)
- - - Dread
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

mark_009_vn wrote:I still don't get why people are so interested in "card games"... or poker in that regards...
Clearly you've never played Magic.
- - Lavarinth
Taeradun

Post by Taeradun »

i have

it was hella boring