MAFIA: Pr0nogo Island

Moderator: Milldawg

Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Re: MAFIA: Death Island

Post by Alevice »

You guys misunderstand. The loser here is Lavarinth, he will be foreveralone.jpg on that island, while all of us have gathered in the afterlife and got some drinks.
Church
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by Church »

And not bad drinks, at that!
Actually, to be honest, Alevice, I thought you were the killer earlier in the game. The outcome surprised me a little.
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

At a point I fucking thought I was the killer and there was a PM miscommunication or smth until taer died.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Lavarinth is always guilty.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Milldawg
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by Milldawg »

Someone didn't read Rule Zero.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Someone didn't read Rule Negative One.
- - Lavarinth
Alevice
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by Alevice »

Rules are made to be broken anyway.
Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Alevice wrote:Rules are made to be broken anyway.
And with that, mentalgen, I leave you (to the antagonistical Victorian-style ruling of Lavarinth)! Fare thee well!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

You break the rules by participating in the game, you don't have the right to break anything when you are not part of the game.
- - Lavarinth
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

Lavarinth wrote:You break the rules by participating in the game, you don't have the right to break anything when you are not part of the game.
Since you completely misunderstood the meaning of my post, let me elaborate.

1. The "don't post if you're not in the game" was never blatantly apparent to me, regardless of any prewritten instructions on the subject (which is not to say that that serves as justification), and when mAc himself posted here and received nothing in the form of moderation-related punishments/warning for it, I figured, "eh, why the hell not." After all, I didn't see why a Mafia thread would be any different than a regular CC thread, where no rules are enforced. Your extremely laid-back approach to moderation is very apparent in the General Discussion board, which is generally how these things happen (except nobody usually cares).

2. The above point leads me into my general confusion over why my posts were deleted. I wasn't "butthurt" per se, moreso - again - confused. Why were my posts deleted? Why wasn't mAc told off? He was being helpful by explaining a rule, and I was reminding people of rule zero (however "j/k gaiz" that rule is). I felt the post was prudent considering mAc had actually posted. All I expected was a "lol" from someone, if anything. Instead, I got a minor lardstorm. You deleted my posts in anger and expressed extreme unprofessionalism by swearing repeatedly in an edit (again, not to say that such actions justify what I did, but just pointing it out). As a person who has moderated forums before, you really want to stray away from hateful ad hominem-esque attacks like that. It just makes you look like a baby, really.

3. I didn't post saying the game was over. The game was over when I posted. No, not technically, but realistically. That would be like me saying "Jack is the winner" during a Chess game, when Jack is one move away from nailing his opponent with a checkmate. I really can't see anyone throwing a hissy-fit over that. I just don't.

But of course, as you say...
Lavarinth wrote:I rule this board, no one else, it's my way or no way
But you don't seem to realise that your way hasn't done much to preserve the peace within this board. I see reason to make an example, but this is such a small offense - especially compared to everything else that has happened here in the past week - that you are making yourself out to be more of a tyrant than a wise "ruler". Truly, this is but my opinion, but I sincerely doubt I'm alone in this belief - and if I am, well, I am.

The most important line you've written that condemns you to be exactly what I had the "audacity" to call you, is... drum roll please.
Lavarinth wrote:and if you don't agree: Get. Out.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

You're implying that Jack can sometimes not win. Do you see the error in this logic?
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

I suppose it was a bad example. mb
Milldawg

Post by Milldawg »

>says he's leaving
>continues posting
Pr0nogo

Post by Pr0nogo »

When did I say I was leaving? I said bye to Lav, not to anyone else. Lol.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Let's all just stop beating around the bush and come to terms with the fact you rather improve something to your own taste than create something yourself.

You asked to redo Laconius voicing in Vile Egression, an insult in my eyes and his, and probably anybody else that knows about it. Not once, not twice, a multitude of times.

You asked me for m0g's information to voice Newrand Citadel, to which I informed m0g and he laughed. Seriously?

You toss in your cheap jokes in this thread and then input your own personal ending to the game, completely disregarding any respect for whatever Milldawg was hoping to write. The lowest blow. When playing mafia, we ALL look forward to how the game ends, yet you stroll in here high and mighty as if you were requested for your input on the story.

You have no passion to create anything yourself, instead you're motivated to seek out "flaws" and invest your time in enhancing them to your taste by butting into everyone else's projects. You wanted to participate and judge a contest? And on top of that you try to justify it? And in the end, you say you'll judge even if you're not an official judge? Get over yourself, honestly, this was the start of your degrading self-absorbed pompous personality you got going on now, before that you were chill, cool, and respectable.

Obviously you're unaware that mAc has hosted dozens of Mafia games since you're so busy trying to get ahold of m0g to "remaster" Newrand Citadel, but he's well experienced enough that if he wants to fill in during an absence of Milldawg, he can state the rules since (after all) he wrote the rules. His post was justified by the fact and was clear cut and too the point, it was NOT a joke, it was not needless comments, it was helpful. You post was a joke, unnecessary and unwarranted and of no aid. You follow up bitching about your post being deleted, clearly whose the cry baby in this scenario? On top of that, it's not your duty to sit in the audience during a chess game and yell out "Oh shit, Jack wins! Look at that!" No, you sit your ass quietly and clap and let the announcer do his job, or are you just that annoying character in the stands at the chess game that everyone glares at? That would explain a lot, since it's happening by quite a few people now.

I moderate how I care to, hasn't changed much since the past- RCX banned people for no reason, Palin erased my post count for no reason, TPC wasn't ever around, and WB was lax. Consider me all of those meshed into one. Except I have patience... tolerance, rather, for people like you. If I didn't care, I'd of banned you on the spot, or Falchion when he posted his trolling on the SC:L video, but I have patience. And now Falchion, he aint a bad guy, he's aite. I can only hope you 'grow up.'

I've been here for over a decade, these people know me. I grew up with them, in a way, they are my family. I was on these boards since you were, what, four? If somebody thinks I'm a tyrant aside you, I'll chuckle, because so far I've been the gentle giant not banning you per the request of multiple people (that's was an unexpected right hook). You only think I'm a tyrant because I'm singling you out, just like I did to Interceptor (or however you spelt his name). In reality, these folks and me, well most of us here are having a blast over IM at your rage bar filling.

- - Lavarinth