New & Upcoming game discussion.

Moderator: Milldawg

Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Re: New & Upcoming game discussion.

Post by Mucky »

i laugh when someone invades me and i just stunlock them with my 2h sword until they die
Dread
Terran Command Center Custodian
Terran Command Center Custodian

Post by Dread »

Hey everybody! I've been out of town for the last couple of days; but I'm back now. Miss me? Shit, I don't care. I know you did.

This is definitely in its own realm of the overly dramatic. It's time to exit and take a walk. Confront mother nature or something. Lol.

p.s. mesk's amazing use of gifs... were amazing...
- - - Dread
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

Mucky wrote:i laugh when someone invades me and i just stunlock them with my 2h sword until they die
http://youtu.be/oyA8odjCzZ4
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

oh god that video is amazing, dark souls pvp in a nutshell
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

Check OnlyAfro's channel for some more great Dark Souls videos. Like this pvp in a nutshell part two:

(I tried getting this to start at around 6:45, but it didn't seem to work, skip to there for the relevant parts)

http://youtu.be/ZfVuSgGu2p4
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

ahahahahahahahahah

the animations and everyone using slow weapons makes it even better
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

fukken subbed

I wish I had played this game sooner. I only started my first playthrough a couple weeks ago. The first Black Knight I fought dropped its sword and it's carried me through the entire game, which is hilarious.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Normal damage type is just flat out overpowered. The only enemy I ran into that had any notable resistance was Kalameet. Else the insane damage overcame any minor mitigation with the weapons I had. And they all stunlocked.
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

Well I used a +9 Fire Zweihander (2casul4chaos) to take down the final boss last night, pretty much the one time I didn't use the BKS (burger king sword).
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I went through much of the game with a Zweihander and the rest of it with the black knight greataxe or whatever. The amount of damage they do is just broken. Well, the entire game is tremendously broken, but damage types in particular seemed like they could have used some kind of testing. There was just no reason to use anything but those weapons. I occasionally used a spear, but the damage was never comparable.

All of the bows are really overpowered, too, since a lot of the AI doesn't activate at bow range. It also can't navigate since it's just co-ordinates and a few waypoints. Bill told me something amazing about that dragon on the bridge and bows that I really want to try one of these days. Something about shooting it and it just falling through the worldspace.
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

IskatuMesk wrote:Bill told me something amazing about that dragon on the bridge and bows that I really want to try one of these days. Something about shooting it and it just falling through the worldspace.
They patched that out pretty quickly, but accidentally getting a one hit kill on that thing was pretty hilarious when it happened.

http://youtu.be/9TpgZbL3tIo

Speaking of bows being abusable:

http://youtu.be/rmfbfKC28Ho

Also, real men play through the entire game with a whip, and no shield, with leather armor. Castlevania 4lyfe.
wibod

Post by wibod »

Kingdom Hearts HD release is out today. The art book is kind of shit like pretty much all NA artbooks, but it has a few really good pieces in it such as the different keyblades.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Mr. wrote: Speaking of bows being abusable:

http://youtu.be/rmfbfKC28Ho
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Speaking of Castlevania, I'll be trying out the new-ish one that got ported sometime. I'm very curious how it fares compared to the modern western ARPG.
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

I kinda like Lords of Shadow. It's not the greatest game that's ever been made, and I would certainly call it a God of War clone, but I liked it. I really like its art direction, particularly in the scenery. I kinda wish I had it on PC, just so I could play it with the best settings, but I'm definitely not buying a second copy of it at $30. Maybe when it drops to $5 on a Steam sale someday.

I'm really looking forward to Lords of Shadow 2, though, because supposedly the developers have taken note of some of the criticisms, and intend to make a less linear game. I'm excited about that because I <3 Metroidvanias, and if they can take Lords of Shadow, and incorporate some of Symphony of the Night into it, it would be pretty awesome.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Well, probably over half of the concepts in GoW and such ARPG's is directly pulled from Castlevania. Several bosses in demon's souls are as well, I think (the tower knight comes to mind). So, it should be interesting to see how those ideas finally closed on the other side of the fence.