New & Upcoming game discussion.

Moderator: Milldawg

Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Re: New & Upcoming game discussion.

Post by Hercanic »

@wibod:
wibod wrote:lol at people thinking Total "I HAVE AN IQ OF 150 AND A DEGREE IN LAW BUT I MAKE YOUTUBE VIDEOS" Butthurt is good at all.
Intelligence and arrogance are not mutually exclusive. =oP

I remember your post from the last time I brought up TB. While I strongly disagree with many things in TB's six year old post, such as his Big Bang straw man, I am not really concerned about his personal life or religious views. For the same reason I can accept Isaac Newton's scientific work without also believing in alchemy, TB's reviews stand or fall on their own merits.

wibod wrote:Every video of his is basically:
-spend 10 minutes bitching about lack of FOV slider
-spend 10 minutes stuck on a very easy puzzle
-spend 10 minutes talking about how awesome he is with his dual titans and 2000 dollar recording setup
#1. Yeah, that's his pet peeve in any FPS.
#2. That must mean he's stupid, right? If he's stuck, that's actually pretty useful for someone like me to see.
#3. I haven't come across this at all.

wibod wrote:Tuberculosis has repeatedly said that his viewers are a bunch of retards that he hates.
Got any links to those statements?

@IskatuMesk:
IskatuMesk wrote:I get the feeling you don't know what a casual actually is.
Hercanic wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote:tb is a casual
I don't even know what that means in this context.
IskatuMesk wrote:With the advent of botnets and paid for viewer/like boosting on youtube, google, etc, that hasn't been true for years.
Well shoot, why even create content if it's that easy? Upload some random crap and use your personal botnet to churn out billions of views!

IskatuMesk wrote:No one is accountable for anything because too many people like you are still under the false impression that these business models are legit
So if ad revenue generated from producing popular content doesn't work, and the grim reality is 'game reviewers' are being paid off by a conspiracy of publishers (it's like a gaggle of geese), how do people like The Angry Video Game Nerd, who reviews ancient NES games from long-dissolved companies, or The Nostalgia Critic, who reviews old 80's and 90's movies, make a living? Both have been successful enough to turn their hobbies into full-time jobs. Who's paying them off?

IskatuMesk wrote:and don't think they need some kind of regulation.
What sort of regulations? What entity would administer them?

IskatuMesk wrote:I don't know how you can say that with a straight face in the knowledge that the goal of every business is to make money.
Mrs. Sweet Old Granny is totally in the custom pie business to make that sweet, sweet tin. It couldn't possibly be that she loves baking or anything, or that turning her joy into a business is what lets her continue to do what she loves. No, it's all about da Benjamins!

IskatuMesk wrote:It is very much a business, an extremely lucrative one at that. TB rakes in tons of cash and everything he does is to that end, just like every other person like him. That doesn't necessarily make him a bad person, just a capitalist. I am of the opinion that capitalists should be burned at the stake.
I'd be curious to see this financial dossier you seem to possess.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Well shoot, why even create content if it's that easy? Upload some random crap and use your personal botnet to churn out billions of views!
Welcome to youtube. And that's why it's all total shit.
So if ad revenue generated from producing popular content doesn't work, and the grim reality is 'game reviewers' are being paid off by a conspiracy of publishers (it's like a gaggle of geese), how do people like The Angry Video Game Nerd, who reviews ancient NES games from long-dissolved companies, or The Nostalgia Critic, who reviews old 80's and 90's movies, make a living? Both have been successful enough to turn their hobbies into full-time jobs. Who's paying them off?
At what point does this statement have any relevance to what you quoted? I have been offered partnerships and jobs on youtube no less than a dozen times now, and I sure as hell don't make anything good. If you make something that is actually decent and make money off of it, well great. Why are we discussing that again? When did I mention AVGN?
What sort of regulations? What entity would administer them?
That's a good question. Someone non-profit, non-western, and not any single individual.
Mrs. Sweet Old Granny is totally in the custom pie business to make that sweet, sweet tin. It couldn't possibly be that she loves baking or anything, or that turning her joy into a business is what lets her continue to do what she loves. No, it's all about da Benjamins!
Now you've got the idea.
I'd be curious to see this financial dossier you seem to possess.
I'm going off of the information I have read in Team Liquid. Apparently youtube partners aren't supposed to disclose numbers, so actual hard figures are hard to pinpoint. But there were many sources claiming that people like TB are making five figures annually, some larger channels make six figures. Where else does he get the money to fund an esports team and a bunch of other junk? Certainly not on his good looks and charm.

You know full well what a casual is. I don't need to entertain your trollbaiting.
wibod
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by wibod »

Hercanic wrote:
wibod wrote:Tuberculosis has repeatedly said that his viewers are a bunch of retards that he hates.
Got any links to those statements?
This is all I could be bothered to look up since I don't feel like digging through a million of his videos.
http://twicsy.com/i/cqBTcc

Edit: Also from that first page of google is this:
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

Pr0nogo
Protoss Zealot Practice Dummy

Post by Pr0nogo »

Her quotes are hilarious.
Jennifer Helper Article wrote:‘The outpouring of support I received — large amounts from female and gay fans — was incredibly heartening,’ said Hepler. ‘Without the negativity, I’m not sure that I would ever have heard from all of these people confirming that there is a need for characters that tackle touchy social issues, for characters who are untraditional or even unlikeable.’
Because people are now changing their views based on a mass outburst against it by retards who threaten your family. I don't know about you guys, but being threatened doesn't make me want to side with the people who are threatening me.

The consumers who are issuing these threats are retarded, but quitting your job (and then attributing the cause of your resignation to the retarded consumers) is only making it look like that behaviour yields results: they wanted her off of BioWare's staff, and they got what they wanted - and they got her to specifically say that she was quitting because of them. That sure won't vindicate their retarded mindsets! lolxd!
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Dragon age had writers?
wibod

Post by wibod »

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by wibod on Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UntamedLoli

Post by UntamedLoli »

That's like, the best thing that ever happened to Bioware.
DrumsofWar

Post by DrumsofWar »

Pr0nogo wrote:Her quotes are hilarious.
Jennifer Helper Article wrote:‘The outpouring of support I received — large amounts from female and gay fans — was incredibly heartening,’ said Hepler. ‘Without the negativity, I’m not sure that I would ever have heard from all of these people confirming that there is a need for characters that tackle touchy social issues, for characters who are untraditional or even unlikeable.’
Because people are now changing their views based on a mass outburst against it by retards who threaten your family. I don't know about you guys, but being threatened doesn't make me want to side with the people who are threatening me.

The consumers who are issuing these threats are retarded, but quitting your job (and then attributing the cause of your resignation to the retarded consumers) is only making it look like that behaviour yields results: they wanted her off of BioWare's staff, and they got what they wanted - and they got her to specifically say that she was quitting because of them. That sure won't vindicate their retarded mindsets! lolxd!
It's easier to say that when people don't find out your address and personal phone to send you death threats. It's just as likely she decided that this was just a job and if fans were so negative, it wasn't worth months or years of mental trauma and worrying if some nutjob was going to attack her kids just to write another medieval fantasy questline.
wibod

Post by wibod »

DrumsofWar wrote:
Pr0nogo wrote:Her quotes are hilarious.

It's easier to say that when people don't find out your address and personal phone to send you death threats. It's just as likely she decided that this was just a job and if fans were so negative, it wasn't worth months or years of mental trauma and worrying if some nutjob was going to attack her kids just to write another medieval fantasy questline.
Or she could just report them to the police since the RCMP is anal as fuck about these things.

Also this:http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/12/league- ... d-on-bond/
Tomahawkthedragon
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by Tomahawkthedragon »

Aww come on... Yeah it was a weird thing to say, but, realy? That guy was just pissed of, said something freaking stupid but that's it. But then, he's being bad lucky because a old crazy paranoid who watch too much the news saw that and... bleh.

I know Freedom of speech is the freedom to take responsabilities on our words. But that's ridiculous.
mark_009_vn
Zerg Drone Masseur
Zerg Drone Masseur

Post by mark_009_vn »

Tomahawkthedragon wrote:
Aww come on... Yeah it was a weird thing to say, but, realy? That guy was just pissed of, said something freaking stupid but that's it. But then, he's being bad lucky because a old crazy paranoid who watch too much the news saw that and... bleh.

I know Freedom of speech is the freedom to take responsabilities on our words. But that's ridiculous.
Read about him on newspaper the other day. Pretty idiotic on how people send him to jail because of a single line of text...

Also the "lol jk".

"I'm begging you, let me work!" - Osamu Tezuka
DrumsofWar

Post by DrumsofWar »

Meanwhile, in Dark Souls

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Don't believe I've actually laughed at Dark Souls before- until now.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I found laughing at it incredibly easy, considering it was essentially an untested prototype and literally half the zones were missing lighting and proper terrain.