project revolution

Moderator: Milldawg

WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: project revolution

Post by WB »

PR's progress has been ungodly slow...if you just look at the time and not the amount of work they've put into it. Brushing it off is being ignorant, there has been a monumental effort behind it, and I don't think anyone can truly appreciate or understand it until they know about how they got some of the features to work (interceptors, addons, nukes, unit portraits, resources, just to name a few). Also, theres more stuff made than the models in the gallery. Its an amazing mod if only for the feats achieved in coding and modeling.

Yes, it has taken a long time to get to where they are, but they have yet to quit, and have put out a beta, which is a hell of a lot more than most mods out there can claim to have done.

As for a campaign, things were discussed all the way at the beginning, so I guess it will have to be re-evaluated, as all that is outdated by now. I'm no official spokesman, just a con from before they had a label for cons. :P
That was purely for a demo video, not relative to the campaign they are planning
As far as I know, he is right.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Warbringer87 wrote: Brushing it off is being ignorant
When you want to talk big, you'd better be able to have something to show for it. The fact of the matter is they haven't had anything to show for four years, and even then everything they've done has been eclipsed completely by Starcraft 2. When you build something that has a shelf life (not knowing that Starcraft 2 was going to appear eventually is ignorant), there isn't a consolation prize-- you either do it or you don't. That's like milking a ton of milk off the same cow, only the cow is old and broken, the milk went bad, and the truck left a long time ago.

Remember the Warcraft mod for Starcraft? It wasn't perfect, but it did what it set out to do. So much so, in fact, that it was forcefully removed to make way for Warcraft III's announcement. If anyone on the project had any sense they would've figured out the gameplay mechanics a long time ago and then worried about the graphics tangentally.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

I don't think they ever meant to compete with SC2. They feared that release date for one reason, the possibility of Blizzard shutting them down. However blizzard has had the opportunity for 4 years or so no, and they've yet to do so.

What was the joke a few years ago? PR has no PR? I remember when they all acted like assholes, eventually they straightened out.

I see what you mean RCX, though I guess at this point they're making it more for themselves than anyone else.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Some are ok, some are not. I quit a while back, not that there was much to do on the sound perspective.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

hmmm, I still am looking forward to seeing this 3D starcraft coming out  :D
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]