World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Moderator: Milldawg

User avatar

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:19 pm
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby RazorclawX » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:42 pm

AA7Dragoon wrote:Plans to make level grinding from 1-60 faster.  I like this because I always wanted to create more alts but with the new content it makes it impossible to catch up with my original characters.  Great idea.


It already was pretty darn fast; I leveled 5 alts and it never took more than 5 days of playing time to get to 60 thanks to Rested Experience. That's provided you didn't try to do something stupid like try to play 5 days straight with no breaks.
Image
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8789
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:02 pm

1-60 in five days...? How the hell did you pull that? Unless you mean 5 days /played. I had mastered the art of powerleveling solo on horde and partly alliance and it still took about.. 5-6 days /played, which was equivelent to about a week and a half of work. Granted, this was without any real twinking or the like, because I never had that kind of money. People who twinked on Frostwolf scarcely got ahead of me, namely because they never slept, in the rush to get our draenei shamans to 60.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby Grandma » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:14 pm

Doctor Doack wrote:1-60 in five days...? How the hell did you pull that? Unless you mean 5 days /played. I had mastered the art of powerleveling solo on horde and partly alliance and it still took about.. 5-6 days /played, which was equivelent to about a week and a half of work. Granted, this was without any real twinking or the like, because I never had that kind of money. People who twinked on Frostwolf scarcely got ahead of me, namely because they never slept, in the rush to get our draenei shamans to 60.


Did you play on frostwolf around the time BWL was introduced? because if you did, what was your character's name, and what guild were you in?
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8789
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:53 pm

My two major characters were ReKrain (pre-TBC) and Mauu (Post-TBC)

I played off and on throughout two years. I mostly pvp'd in AV, though.

As for guilds, I was in... Vagrants pre-TBC(edit - I think they were still vagrants... my memory is very foggy, HKS can correct me if I'm wrong here edit 2 - I think they reform, didn't they, and that was when I got in? Man, they reformed so many fucking times I can't remember half of it.), around the time naxx was out. Wasn't really in many guilds before that. I hated raiding with a passion, doubly so after vagrants fucked me over on numerous occassions. Post-TBC, the guild reformed into "Guardianz of Darkness", complete with a Z for DBZ action, which really wasn't any better because of the sheer number of retards we had picked up along the way, like akilliz I think his name was, and volgaren, and some others (iirc akilliz and volgaren got kicked out of GoD or rather were never invited, but some other idiots were, the guild was full of morons). I quit after I hit 70 and got Thunder/drakefist.

I also played a lot on Muradin/Doomhammer as the legendary Stabbyman, and my mage Mauu/shaman Jaheira which again I mostly pvp'd with, although I did do some ZG/AQ20 on my mage which never got past the initial bosses.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby Grandma » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:21 pm

Doctor Doack wrote:My two major characters were ReKrain (pre-TBC) and Mauu (Post-TBC)

I played off and on throughout two years. I mostly pvp'd in AV, though.

As for guilds, I was in... Vagrants pre-TBC(edit - I think they were still vagrants... my memory is very foggy, HKS can correct me if I'm wrong here edit 2 - I think they reform, didn't they, and that was when I got in? Man, they reformed so many fucking times I can't remember half of it.), around the time naxx was out. Wasn't really in many guilds before that. I hated raiding with a passion, doubly so after vagrants fucked me over on numerous occassions. Post-TBC, the guild reformed into "Guardianz of Darkness", complete with a Z for DBZ action, which really wasn't any better because of the sheer number of retards we had picked up along the way, like akilliz I think his name was, and volgaren, and some others (iirc akilliz and volgaren got kicked out of GoD or rather were never invited, but some other idiots were, the guild was full of morons). I quit after I hit 70 and got Thunder/drakefist.

I also played a lot on Muradin/Doomhammer as the legendary Stabbyman, and my mage Mauu/shaman Jaheira which again I mostly pvp'd with, although I did do some ZG/AQ20 on my mage which never got past the initial bosses.


haha, I've heard of your Stabbyman, haha.

I was Sammule (Spammule). I was friends with a couple people in the Vagrants, mainly this one paladin named Guinnviere or something like that. I was in Darkness Falls, then the guild End Game, then the guild War Front. I had a joke roleplaying character, and became friends with tons of people in Vicious Cycle, haha good times.

Oh yeah, I was also in the guild RUN, and a good real-life friend of mine (Skaman) was the warlock class officer of the guild Blood Vortex. I knew a lot of people in Legends too.

And yeah, my timeframe is all screwy because it's been forever ago. The name Rekrain sounds familiar, I dunno for sure though. But yeah, if there was any chance you knew it me on Frostwolf, it would be through my care police spam. I did transfer to Frostmane though, so I might be mixing up my experiences on Frostmane with Frostwolf. But man, Frostwolf and Frostmane have some of the BITCHIEST people I've ever seen in my life.
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8789
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:27 pm

mainly this one paladin named Guinnviere


HAHAHAHAHA she was such an idiot. She would just walk up and be like "hey, I'm a girl, give me loot" and they were like OK ^_^_^

Run is the guild I was thinking of, I think. I don't remember your name. Skaman isn't really familiar to me, either. HKS might know you. You better pray he doesn't.

The frostmane transfer was pretty late down the line. I think I was playing horde on doomhammer around that time... or a little after. I certainly wasn't in any of the guilds around then, I don't think.

Hey, by any chance did you know bedwetter? She was the most hilarious person on frostwolf ever, but that whole fiasco is probably pretty alien to you.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby Grandma » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:32 pm

Doctor Doack wrote:
mainly this one paladin named Guinnviere


HAHAHAHAHA she was such an idiot. She would just walk up and be like "hey, I'm a girl, give me loot" and they were like OK ^_^_^

Run is the guild I was thinking of, I think. I don't remember your name. Skaman isn't really familiar to me, either. HKS might know you. You better pray he doesn't.

The frostmane transfer was pretty late down the line. I think I was playing horde on doomhammer around that time... or a little after. I certainly wasn't in any of the guilds around then, I don't think.


LOL DUDE! ME AND MY FRIEND WOULD ALWAYS MAKE FUN OF HER!
"Where did you get those pants? Cause that ass is EPIC"
and
"Do you like MC? Yeah. My COCK"

Ridiculously horrible pick-up lines related to WoW, and she thought we were serious. LMAO. We had pimp suits and everything. bwahaha

But haha, if you met me in Run, it's probably a bad thing because I was a complete ASS to them, hahahaha. Good times. Good times.

I realize now I was a dick in WoW, just to entertain myself because of how much fun the game truly lacked.
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8789
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:34 pm

I was a dick no matter where I went
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby Grandma » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:51 pm

Doctor Doack wrote:I was a dick no matter where I went



AHAHA. Dude. Being a priest was great, whilst waiting for MC to start.

I loved the fuzzy feeling you know you ruined someone's day by hurting their durability by 10%, which would cost them money, however small that was, it was still a great feeling.

I was idolized for my spammage, haha

edit: I realize now why I stayed with WoW so much; being a dick was to people was always a unique and fun experience. It constantly entertained me.
Attachments
I am loved.jpg
Last edited by Grandma on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

User avatar

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 8789
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:40 pm
Location: M͈̙̞͍͞ͅE̹H̨͇̰͈͕͇̫Ì̩̳CO̼̩̤͖͘
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby IskatuMesk » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:04 pm

The only reason I played WoW so long was because I seriously had nothing better to do with my time. I don't have anything better to do now, either, but I'm not gonna waste $45 every two months on that shit anymore.
Image~[Gameproc]~Image
Warning: dialogue contains politically incorrect content. Viewer rearsore may occur.

User avatar

Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby Grandma » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:13 pm

Doctor Doack wrote:The only reason I played WoW so long was because I seriously had nothing better to do with my time. I don't have anything better to do now, either, but I'm not gonna waste $45 every two months on that shit anymore.


Yeah, I know what you mean. Probably like a third of the time I spent on WoW was time I would've probably spent sitting around saying "Goddamn, I have absolutely nothing to do right now".

The only reason I got off WoW was because I started fiddling around with World Editor, and I'm made two maps for this campaign I completely did not plan out, and it's kinda entertaining, so I think I'll just mess around with that.
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

User avatar

TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby TPC » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:02 pm

Blizzcon Wrap: WoW Expansion II, Death Knight Class, Inscription Profession, etc.

I checked and cross-referenced a variety of sources to ascertain what was going to be placed in the game and what they wanted to put into the game. There’s a lot of new things being added to WoW both before the next expansion and in the expansion. Here’s a summary:
World of Warcraft Movie
• It will be produced by the same crew that brought us the movie 300, Legendary Pictures (For Sparta!)
• They’re shooting for a release date of 2009.
• Thrall will be in the movie.
• Live action.
• The story will be told from the perspective of the Alliance.
New Hero Class: Death Knight
• Long quest chain involved to unlock him.
• Will have pre-established gear.
• Will appear as a high level character (55, 60, or 70).
Shaman Upgrades (Enhancement)
• Shamanistic Rage will reduce damage taken by 30% when it's on, as well as its previous mana-regenerating effect.
• New talent: Shamanistic Focus. Seems to occupy the place of the previous Two-Handed Axes and Maces talent. (Does this mean 2h will be baseline now?!) Reads as follows: Rank 1/1: After landing a melee critical strike, you enter a Focused state. The focused state reduces the mana cost of your next shock spell by 60%.
• Mental Quickness increases spell damage and healing 30% of your AP (for 3/3 talent points) as well as its previous instant-cast cost reduction effect.
Instances
• New Caverns of Time instance (5-man).
• New 25 man raid instance: The Sunwell, with Kil’Jaden as the last encounter.
• More Heroic Badge Rewards
• New 10 man raid instance: Zul’Aman (Already announced).
o Free spell damage pieces for healers (Curious as to how this will work).
o DPS Warrior Armor + Weapon (Jin’Rohk)
o Sets for Moonkni and Elemental Shamans
o New Rogue set.
o New weapon: Dagger of Bad Mojo.
• Supposedly, these will be added before Wrath of the Lich King debuts.
• Legendary Ranged Bow
PvP
• Honor distribution update, more honor gained.
GROUP QUEUE AV RETURNS
• Anti-AFK measures, especially in Alterac Valley
o If enough players report a player, that player will receive a debuff that prevents any honor from being gained. To remove that debuff, that player must get into combat.
• Considering the addition of variable player sizes for pre-existing battlegrounds (15v15, or 20v20).
• Guild’s may gain their own Battlegrounds and ratings.
• Siege weapons and destructible terrain (Red Faction anyone?)
• Arena Weapons for season 3 will require both points and a high enough rating to purchase.
• The Azshara BG currently has no plans.
• Arena Season 1 gear will eventually be bought with honor points.
Professions and Items:
• New Profession: Inscription. Allows a player to inscribe spells and abilities with power. Concept of talent points for individual spells and abilities.
• Profession daily quests.
• New Enchant: Executioner (Melee weapon will occasionally ignore 840 of enemy’s armor).
• Jewelcrafter only gems, to be made from blue gems. (+12 spell power, +26healing, +18 stamina), will cause the item socketed to become soulbound.
• New jewelcrafting recipe: Steady Talasite, +4 resilience, +6 stamina.
Last edited by TPC on Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.


wibod
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby wibod » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:04 pm

Grandma wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:1-60 in five days...? How the hell did you pull that? Unless you mean 5 days /played. I had mastered the art of powerleveling solo on horde and partly alliance and it still took about.. 5-6 days /played, which was equivelent to about a week and a half of work. Granted, this was without any real twinking or the like, because I never had that kind of money. People who twinked on Frostwolf scarcely got ahead of me, namely because they never slept, in the rush to get our draenei shamans to 60.


Did you play on frostwolf around the time BWL was introduced? because if you did, what was your character's name, and what guild were you in?


I think I may have raided with you, and if you are who I think you are you wiped a raid by tossing dynamite onto Golemag.

User avatar

Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby Grandma » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:15 am

wibod wrote:
Grandma wrote:
Doctor Doack wrote:1-60 in five days...? How the hell did you pull that? Unless you mean 5 days /played. I had mastered the art of powerleveling solo on horde and partly alliance and it still took about.. 5-6 days /played, which was equivelent to about a week and a half of work. Granted, this was without any real twinking or the like, because I never had that kind of money. People who twinked on Frostwolf scarcely got ahead of me, namely because they never slept, in the rush to get our draenei shamans to 60.


Did you play on frostwolf around the time BWL was introduced? because if you did, what was your character's name, and what guild were you in?


I think I may have raided with you, and if you are who I think you are you wiped a raid by tossing dynamite onto Golemag.


That's pretty epic, haha, but I don't think I ever did that. I only wiped MC raids on Garr and Gheddon. I loved being the Bomb (funny story: I'm arab, so I would always yell in arabic on vent whenever I went to wipe a raid).


WarCraft movie sounds like it has major potential. Does anyone know what exactly will be the storyline behind it? Or is it like a summary of WoW events?
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

User avatar

TPC
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:56 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: World of WarCraft: The Wrath of the Lich King!

Postby TPC » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:25 am

Everything about the movie I stated in my post above. I forgot to mention that it takes place about a year before World of Warcraft actually begins. They're going to make it a real war movie (ie, Braveheart, Gladiator, 300, Patriot, etc).


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests