I need details, Captain...

Moderator: Milldawg

Falchion
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

I need details, Captain...

Post by Falchion »

How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: I need details, Captain...

Post by Lavarinth »

I got far too excited watching this during the VGAs. I stopped playing FFS and lost in a melee matchup, sorry team.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Dtox
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by Dtox »

who's this hugo guy?

i cant seem to recall him in any of my memory of DC stuff.....
herpin mah derp like yeah
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Strange

My knowledge of Batman revolves mostly around the animated series, I know it's not purely canon, but he didn't have a long time in the series. I think it was one episode, actually, hah. I'd say he's just similar to Joker, a criminal with no true power. He's not a psychotic lunatic like Joker, however.
- - Lavarinth
Falchion
Location: Bragança Paulista, Brazil (Da most borin' place in the world)

Post by Falchion »

Dtox wrote:who's this hugo guy?

i cant seem to recall him in any of my memory of DC stuff.....

Hugo Strange, created in Detective Comics #36 (i.e. Pre-Batman) by Bob Kane and Bill Finger in the 1940's, is a former Arkham Asylum worker and brilliant psychiatrist, with an IQ to rival the Bats'. Matter is, Strange's obsessed with Batman, so much to want to become HIM. Of course, this obsession drives Strange straight to the Asylum he once worked, but not before discovering, through logic, that Batman is de facto Bruce Wayne.

He's kind of an interesting villain, if you ask me, and an underrated one, given the Joker's lunacy overshadowed Strange's obsession.
How I became a troll in a single post (And you can too!!! :D ): link

Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

He's quite underrated.

(From Arkham Asylum)

The connection: Professor Hugo Strange is most often portrayed as a master psychiatrist who has deduced Batman’s true identity as Bruce Wayne. Sometimes he attempts to auction this knowledge to the highest bidding villain; other times, he tries to use the knowledge to become Batman himself. Either way, we can guess at what crucial information might be hidden in his files. Is that why they’re so tightly secured in the Arkham Mansion Records Room? You need both a Cryptographic Sequencer and a Line Launcher to get past the electric lock and the electric floor.

Bizarro Fun Fact: One of Dr. Strange’s first schemes was to use asylum patients as test subjects, injecting them with a growth hormone that transformed them into hulking brutes. Hmm, sound familiar?
- - Lavarinth
Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Theia_Loki »

Wait. Does that mean that Joker's plan to create an army of hulking brutes wasn't planned by Joker alone? :shock: Shit.
I'm only up to the point where you have to find a way into Killer Croc's lair (in Batman: Arkham Asylum).

Interestingly enough, I didn't even know Hugo Strange even existed until I looked up the guy and others in one of my info-searching moods.
Dtox

Post by Dtox »

Thanks everyone, the hungering nerd within me has been satiated :3
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Theia_Loki wrote:Wait. Does that mean that Joker's plan to create an army of hulking brutes wasn't planned by Joker alone? :shock: Shit.
I'm only up to the point where you have to find a way into Killer Croc's lair (in Batman: Arkham Asylum).

Interestingly enough, I didn't even know Hugo Strange even existed until I looked up the guy and others in one of my info-searching moods.
No, no, the drug, or whatever, was created there I believe, it didn't have that original purpose though. The serum itself isn't really talked about much, to be honest, in terms of its background. ... Great game though. I'm about to replay it to get all the riddles.
- - Lavarinth
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

Oh thank god. Was a bit paranoid back there, mostly the bit about Hugo using that steroids serum before plus the possibility that he might've been pulling the strings on the public execution thing from the sidelines.

Already at Croc's lair. Too bad I couldn't say the same for Scarecrow; poor guy hadn't counted on that unexpected surprise from Croc.
Dtox

Post by Dtox »

Theia_Loki wrote:Oh thank god. Was a bit paranoid back there, mostly the bit about Hugo using that steroids serum before plus the possibility that he might've been pulling the strings on the public execution thing from the sidelines.

Already at Croc's lair. Too bad I couldn't say the same for Scarecrow; poor guy hadn't counted on that unexpected surprise from Croc.
i pray hes still alive.....Dr crane is one of my all time favorite DC characters T_T.

i also like his redesign, though sometimes his mask looks like a nut sack from time to time.....
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

- - Lavarinth