inFamous 2 (due to arrive June 2011)

Moderator: Milldawg

Theia_Loki
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

inFamous 2 (due to arrive June 2011)

Post by Theia_Loki »

In case you didn't know about it before, here's a couple video footages of the game.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwkUscboH4[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uAMnsqq ... re=related[/youtube]

inFAMOUS 2 is a platform adventure game developed by Suckerpunch Productions for the Playstation 3, and a sequel to the first inFAMOUS.
Just think "modern-day superheroes" and you've got a good idea what the game is about.

In the game you control Cole MacGrath, a courier from Empire City who gained electrical superpowers from a device known as the Ray Sphere (the thing kills any civilians in the surrounding area and uses the energy from those taken lives to grant certain individuals superpowers).
But, to cut to the chase (as they supposedly say), the second infamous takes place after the events of the first and has Cole and his buddy Zeke in New Marais, a New Orleans-inspired city, where the Ray Sphere was supposedly created. The main antagonists thus far, as shown in the gameplay video are the following:
- These greyish mutant monster things with claw-like appendages
- A man named Bertrand and The Militia, head of a paramilitary organization formed for the sole purpose of eliminating superpowered individuals such as Cole

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this. Anyone else? :)

Edit: Fixed links to youtube videos due to new forum layout.

Edit 2: fixed the videos up so that they're viewable through the youtube tabs.
Last edited by Theia_Loki on Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: inFamous 2 (due to arrive sometime in 2011)

Post by Lavarinth »

Is the first one worth playing? I heard very mixed reviews in regards to it. My dad (yes he plays games now for the past few months) owns it, I just haven't been enticed to play it.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

Lavarinth wrote: Is the first one worth playing? I heard very mixed reviews in regards to it. My dad (yes he plays games now for the past few months) owns it, I just haven't been enticed to play it.
From just the small little bit that I played at the future shop it was playable at, it's definitely worth it.

Karma, Entire City climbable, and the fact that they polished it up before release. Yep. It's definitely worth it.
And it's made by the same company that did the Sly Cooper franchise (an action/adventure/platformer/stealth game).

It's definitely going to be the first game I get when I finally get a PS3 (been holding out on getting one for a while).
"I figure language is a poor enough a means of communication as it is so we have to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damned few words that everybody understands"
~Henry Drummond, Lawyer from Inherit the Wind

First Time Attempt at an LP:
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/110762779327102029687/posts/A1UWNRafWZT?pid=6149648681644876370&oid=110762779327102029687P[/url]
Legion
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Legion »

Theia_Loki wrote:
Lavarinth wrote: Is the first one worth playing? I heard very mixed reviews in regards to it. My dad (yes he plays games now for the past few months) owns it, I just haven't been enticed to play it.
From just the small little bit that I played at the future shop it was playable at, it's definitely worth it.

Karma, Entire City climbable, and the fact that they polished it up before release. Yep. It's definitely worth it.
And it's made by the same company that did the Sly Cooper franchise (an action/adventure/platformer/stealth game).

It's definitely going to be the first game I get when I finally get a PS3 (been holding out on getting one for a while).
it was the first game i got for my ps3. still one of the best.

can't wait for the second!
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Interesting, definitely going to have to play through that.. After the SC2 hype.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

Some additional stuff that came about (didn't get to posting about it due to laziness :P ).

First of them is Cole's look, which has been changed somewhat to resemble his appearance in the first game.

(Note: Personally, I prefer his appearance in the trailers I posted since he looked much more appealing in those)

Second, an intro movie. (URL format since new forum doesn't show youtube videos the way it did before anymore :( )
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46XmGhEXV0[/youtube]

Well, not much else to say for the time being. Then again, I get the feeling IskatuMesk is going to love the destruction part (but that's if he plays console games as well).

And fun facts time!

Fun Fact 1: Cole and Zeke run similar to Sly Cooper and Murray from the Sly Cooper franchise.

Fun Fact 2: Sasha doesn't wear pants OR underwear (yes, no thongs either ;D ).
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

Updated the video links, and me poking this thread as an ass. ^U^
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

*BUMP*

Extremely late of an update, mostly that I got inFamous 1 (beat it on Good Karma, working on Evil), some additional videos (again, extremely late) plus a pic of a high caliber enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha4mUawS_os&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdo15OoZJOU&feature=player_embedded

And the conduit-esque unit from the same ranks as those freaky crab claw monsters from the first trailer I posted.

Apparently called "The Ravager" and is about as hard to kill as a Golem Conduit (maybe tougher, since Cole was throwing Megawatt Hammers and some cars at it). Charges like a bull on crack, burrows underground like SC2 roaches, spits yellowy acid spores, and sounds like a cross between a chicken and a horse. Certainly don't want to be the pin cushion for that thing.

So a quick summary of the factions thus far happen to be...

The Militia: A paramilitary organization consisting of rednecks and hunters, formed solely for the purpose of neutralizing (or just keeping away) mutants and Conduits such as Cole. Interestingly enough, they will supposedly divert their attention away from Cole and against the Corrupted monsters (likely since they view them as a bigger threat and will focus on you afterwards, mostly to protect the citizens).

The Corrupted (official name unknown): Mutant monsters that are either mutated from the unfortunate citizens of New Marais through some unknown means, they're the main reason The Militia was formed in the first place. They also happen to supposedly be monsters that dwell in the swamps of new Marais.

Right about now, I'm starting to wonder what kind of brilliant stuff Sucker Punch will have for when this nears closer to release. Mesk is gonna love this (or at least I think he will).
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

A preview article from gamercity UK.
http://gamercity.co.uk/infamous-2-preview/

And one of the pictures in that article feautres Cole facing some.....uh.....enormous....eh....golem....monster....thing.
I'm guessing that that...thing...is either another of the Corrupted's goons, the beast (unlikely), or the head honcho to the corrupted.

I'll admit that I miss Cole's gravelly voice from the first game; it really suited the guy. Then again, hearing Eric Ladin is just something that all of us will have to get used to hearing.

A quote from inFAMOUS (the first one):
"That was one hell of a jump, man. Wish I could do something like that. running down all those stairs...that sucks donkey balls."
~Zeke Jedediah Dunbar
:lol:
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

Found a cutscene video that is rather new. Shows Cole MacGrath freeing someone and bringing her along with him on the way out, but it looks like trouble will be coming up behind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQQePNKg5uM

Geez. Those guys that are locked up look somewhat similar to the members of the First Sons, a shadowy mentalist-glorifying group.

Edit: Found an article on a couple new characters, Kuo and Nix. Kuo is an agent who aims to help Cole defeat the beast, Nix is a New Marais native that wants revenge on Bertrand for killing her family.
Article can be found here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/02/ ... xperience/

I'd say Sucker Punch seems to have really expanded on the concept of karma.

Just a couple updates.
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

The first one had flare and polish, but somehow I've become jaded and just consider it an average game.
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

I'm not entirely sure if I agree with you 100% there, Marco (a.k.a. Desler). Any particular reason why?

And, in the meantime, a video of an evil karma mission involved with Freeing Kuo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cXxV3P0dU

From what I can recall, the mission will supposedly involve two methods to completing it. In this part, Nix has a tram car loaded with explosives. The idea there is to get the tram car moving really fast so that it rams into the gate of a Militia compound.

And Zeke's side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME4ZtD0jbYY

Zeke's portion doesn't involve a tram car full of explosives, however. Instead, you free the New Marais police that are being transported by the Militia to their compound. Afterwards, they help storm the compound with Cole.

And the blog on playstation.com: What Goes Around Comes Around: More on the inFAMOUS 2 Karma System - playstation Blog
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

What, why it's average to me? I suppose I judged it entirely on it's storyline, and its just sorta generic. Nothing really stood out. Same with the gameplay, though again, just from my perspective. I've become very particular in my tastes, so many years of gaming has left me indifferent to certain games which at an earlier point in my life would of blew me away.
Theia_Loki

Post by Theia_Loki »

Well, there's nothing wrong asking everyone's opinion is on a game. Helps soon-to-be developers improve on any flaws their developing game(s) have, provided they hear them and take initiative to improvise.

In the meantime, the Karma trailer showcasing the two paths.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcQMDP08_DE

This is just me thinking out loud here, but with inFAMOUS 2 I was kind of hoping for some more variety in the karma system. I'm talking about one such system where every one of your actions, whether helping out civilians or blowing cars up like fireworks, affects both portions of the whole karma.
What I'm getting at is a sort of "grey zone," where you have:
a) one guy that looks out for the general public but prone to accepting bribes from villains to "look the other way"
~or~
b) another guy that crushes any that cross him yet is sympathetic to the innocents

Even if such a karma system won't likely be in inFAMOUS 2 at least there's the potential third one, if any.
Theia_Loki

Re: inFamous 2 (due to arrive June 2011)

Post by Theia_Loki »

Now here's something that has started to make the entirety of inFAMOUS a lot more interesting: custom missions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvriWtrynos&feature=player_embedded

Basically the mission editor enables you to make any sort of missions you want, available as user-created content.

Now there's something to look forward to. Can we pray it's not half-assed like SC2s Editor? :happy: