Mother stalks estranged son on Facebook then has sex with him

Moderator: Milldawg

Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: Mother stalks estranged son on Facebook then has sex with him

Post by Marco »

I usually try to look at the middle ground Demoneater, and maybe 'incest' is another morally ambiguous code that we simply allowed society to tell us is wrong.  However, the fact that nature reinforces it though tells me that maybe it's one of those things that shouldn't be questioned.  It's kinda like some ethical responsibilities you just feel to the core of your being.  Like not peeing on a baby.  Or not licking the sidewalk when its covered with ants.  Or not putting ketchup on tomatoes.  Some things just aren't meant to be.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Master Jademus Sreg
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by Master Jademus Sreg »

Cultural mores which regard incest as taboo probably developed from 3 factors: (1) incest may have provoked in-fighting in groups of related individuals in competition or jealousy, (2) the taboo would be further reinforced with either hardwired or culturally conditioned repugnance and aversion, (3) and people probably didn't like having Hank-and-Dean retard babies.

It is worth pointing out that incest is not detrimental to the survival if the interbreeding related group has a small population and no surprise recessive malignancy; such incest is commonly observed among other animals.
No more humans, please.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I pee on babies all the time.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Demoneater wrote: Actually, I first have to say that I am not a fan of what the mother did.
It needs to be seperated between the adoption and the sexual stuff. Don't get me wrong, those two thing are related to each other, but for the judgement the adaption stuff should be mostly ignored.
I think we should track down WHY sexual interactions within family members are forbidden. Maybe also because of the moral and church stuff, but mostly for the reason that conceived children will be most likely physically disabled. It must be said that the last point gets neutralized if they prevented (one could still argue that it is then not 100%ly save). So what's left? The moralic and churchly aspect. While I really don't like it it give me no right to punish her for that. At least from my ethic point of view, it might be very different in the view of the US laws.
Of course it is - at least for me - EXTREMLY different if they haven't prevented at all or not enough.
Who said the child didn't coerce her to do it?

The basics for such things being outlawed, to my knowledge, are genetics. You simply put a baby's life in risk if the DNA of both partners are too similar. Or something fancy like that.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
omega20
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager
Zerg Ultralisk Waste Manager

Post by omega20 »

Lavarinth wrote: Who said the child didn't coerce her to do it?
Actually, that's what actually happened. At least from the mother's point of view:
omega20 wrote: Hmmm... Actually it seems that it was actually THE SON who forced her into having sex with him. Of course she had the chance to say no, but she gave in... Oh god...
The link is here ---> http://www.unfictional.com/aimee-louise-sword-did-not-rape-her-10-year-old-son
[imgwh 400x120]http://www.sigrealm.com/freesigs/178_Starcraft2MultSig.jpg[/imgwh]
Master Jademus Sreg

Lavarinth wrote:The basics for such things being outlawed, to my knowledge, are genetics. You simply put a baby's life in risk if the DNA of both partners are too similar. Or something fancy like that.
On the genetic side of things, it has everything to do with the frequency of recessive genes in the related organisms versus the general population.
No more humans, please.
GnaReffotsirk
Zerg Larva Herder
Zerg Larva Herder

Post by GnaReffotsirk »

Ugh, why do you guys talk incest like it's only a biological evil.

Children look to their parents in a more glorious way, just as you would your own. Well, we might get disappointed at them, but that's a different story, yet relevant to say the least.

The problem of incest is that it distorts one's perception of human relationships. The kind of trust and this collective one-ness you feel with others instantly dissolves into a more predatory one.

Children or co-family members who have good and sane relationships, as it does not naturally evolve to sexual attraction, will naturally find sudden sexual drives directed at each other quite repulsive. And so, it becomes "unholy" or distorted.

The connection you have with family will never be the same with one that leads to sexual relationships. A spouse, GF, BF, whore, whatever, is always somebody else, or separate from one self. On the other hand, family and the connection we have with them is something more pure or "one".

I can't articulate the right words, but I'm sure you guys know this. Imagine jacking off to your mother or sister or what. It's just terrible.
Master Jademus Sreg

"Biological evil"? I was responding to Demoneater's initial directive: "I think we should track down WHY sexual interactions within family members are forbidden." Notice I address causes for the taboo and later briefly mention why inbreeding is not healthy for organisms in situations like ours. I was assessing neither biology nor evil, as they were not relevant to the inquiry.

Your emotional response to your misunderstanding is a curious thing.
No more humans, please.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

99% of people's relationships have zero value to them as-is.
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

Debating this holds little value for me, so I'll just concede to Gnare.  It's important for humans at least, since we are social animals, to develop relationships outside of their family.  Ergo, I tend to lean on the side that incest, while purely possible and even acceptable in some other species, is not a good idea for humans.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Mr.
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Mr. »

GnaReffotsirk wrote: Children look to their parents in a more glorious way, just as you would your own. Well, we might get disappointed at them, but that's a different story, yet relevant to say the least.

The problem of incest is that it distorts one's perception of human relationships. The kind of trust and this collective one-ness you feel with others instantly dissolves into a more predatory one.

Children or co-family members who have good and sane relationships, as it does not naturally evolve to sexual attraction, will naturally find sudden sexual drives directed at each other quite repulsive. And so, it becomes "unholy" or distorted.

Okay, supposing all of that is completely true and everything.  Try to apply it to this particular story.  The boy and his biological mother do not have that mother-son relationship.  The boy, I would think, has that relationship with his adoptive mother.  I thought I would have more to say, but really that's about it.  To me, that kinda throws the whole family relationship thing out the window, for this particular case, leaving only biological issues, and the whole age thing.

Really, I think the age thing is the biggest part about this.  Think about it, what if the boy was 20 years old.  Would this news be an outrage, or would it just be really weird?
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Marco wrote: Debating this holds little value for me, so I'll just concede to Gnare.  It's important for humans at least, since we are social animals, to develop relationships outside of their family.  Ergo, I tend to lean on the side that incest, while purely possible and even acceptable in some other species, is not a good idea for humans.
I'll have to agree to this with a very, very simple end discussion for me of incest being ill-advised on the pure fact incest could lead to potential health problems in newborns. Other than that, some psychological issues such as child abuse, rape, traumatic experiences including television, lessons, etc, could impact anyone's mind into being flirtatious or interacting sexually with family, whether be one's parents, children, or more commonly their siblings. There's endless possibilities to want to pursue a curiosity or fantasy. And to some others- it's just not bothersome, we're all different.

In terms of this case, it could go back to a simple scenario of an already troubled child, as seen in reports, being raised improperly and has led himself to be one who takes advantage of situations. His mother, already 'messed up' from years of having no one to mentally and psychically love this child as a mother should be being in their presence, loved him the only way one could love someone with distance: willing to do anything to keep that connection. So when presented to with the opportunity to have her son back, he likely took advantage of this 'mother' he knew hardly anything about, and instead saw a woman ripe for picking, and demanded she 'make up' for her mistake of letting him go through sex. Remember, this was not healthy minded child. Possible, and thus the story I chose to believe.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
GreatGodSajuuk

Post by GreatGodSajuuk »

Mr. wrote: Okay, supposing all of that is completely true and everything.  Try to apply it to this particular story.  The boy and his biological mother do not have that mother-son relationship.  The boy, I would think, has that relationship with his adoptive mother.  I thought I would have more to say, but really that's about it.  To me, that kinda throws the whole family relationship thing out the window, for this particular case, leaving only biological issues, and the whole age thing.

Really, I think the age thing is the biggest part about this.  Think about it, what if the boy was 20 years old.  Would this news be an outrage, or would it just be really weird?
This.

The parent-child relationship develops at a fairly young age of a child, when a child recognizes a person as his parent, there can be no sexual attraction between them, if there is, then that attraction is a sign of a psychological problem. Now if a child is separated from his parent at a very young age and doesn't see that person as a parent, this bond will not happen and thus sexual attraction will be possible.

It has been studied with animals and i think was proven to be applicable to humans as well.
This entire phenomenon is there to protect from inbreeding and all the negative effects of it.
[imgwh 621x144]http://i.imagehost.org/0709/TuningFail.png[/imgwh]
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I like how people are all worried about how incest will ruin some kid but fail to realize that all American/Canadian kids are pretty much fucked anyways. Sure, it may not be genetics, but they'll eventually get stoned and knock up some raccoon in an alleyway and ruin their future anyways. Or worse, they'll end up like I did and be worse off regardless.

You can't stop Texas, man.
wibod

Post by wibod »

Marco wrote: Debating this holds little value for me, so I'll just concede to Gnare.  It's important for humans at least, since we are social animals, to develop relationships outside of their family.  Ergo, I tend to lean on the side that incest, while purely possible and even acceptable in some other species, is not a good idea for humans.
Incest doesn't really happen in nature, like at all.