Transformers 2007

Moderator: Milldawg

RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Transformers 2007

Post by RazorclawX »

I find it really bizzare that my childhood obsession is now a mass media frenzy.

Five years ago if you told me that someone was making a live-action Transformers movie, I would've looked at you like you were crazy. When I heard Spielberg wanted to make it reminiscent of an Amblin movie, there was some spark of hope that maybe it wouldn't turn out entirely like trash (I happen to like Amblin movies). Finally, when I saw that first trailer with Blackout attacking the US military base, I was sold.

Hell, that same trailer sold my dad, and when he found out it was Transformers, he was incredulous. That was funny.

Now the day draws near, and it's nuts now that you hear radio spots for the movie, TV commercials, and people you'd never expect to talk about some kids toy line being a major summer hit.

It's a whirlwind.

----------

And I never truly gave up on the idea of doing a Transformers campaign in Warcraft or Starcraft.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Re: Transformers 2007

Post by Lavarinth »

I think with the right animators, creating the models for a campaign similar to that of Transformers would be a simple task, as always only the storyline would be the most difficult part. I was amazed to see Transformers in it's new era outfit. Dressed with millions spent into modeling and animating these characters, I'm sure the most complex with naturally the transformation sequences. I actually have half-the-urge to attempt at making a vehicle transform into a humanoid after seeing that trailer, to be honest. Honestly, I think the "love story" side of this movie will possibly be the only downside. I wasn't a huge fan of the cartoon, only because I didn't realize it existed half the time at that age, but I looked back on most of that and still acknowledge that it was a quality show. Whether or not it had a love story, I don't know, but for the movie, I'm not sure if it'll make it as impactful.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Steven Speilberg is the guy to go to for Science Fiction movies and I am happy he is a part of this film.

I used to collect many transformer toys as a kid and always had a fetish for the Decepticons and Megatron's devious English accent.  I am glad the original voice actor is going to be filling this role in the new film.

Will it be good?  Hopefully.  The three big sequels of 2007 (Shrek, Pirates, Spiderman) have been huge disappointments.  I want Transformers to be refreshing.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
wibod

Post by wibod »

I was always more of a Beast Wars fan over the original series, but it's interesting to see how far it's come in terms of being acceptable. Really I'd say the Internet has had alot to do with it, now I'm hearing people on base talk about it and they're people I'd never really expect to hear talk about it. Movie looks decent, I'll probably watch it just for Starscream, cause he's awesome.
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

When i heard of it, I was quite depressed, I was quite certain they'd find some way of ruining this.

Then I saw bumblebee.

:o :D :)
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Post by Zilla- »

This movie stars that guy, the dude who plays the kid, he is the most annoying actor who isn't a little girl. I think that his presence alone will ruin the movie. Also I totally agree with wibod, Beast Wars > transformers.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I'll watch it over the internet and that's probably about it. I doubt it'll even come close to the awesomeness that was the movie involving Unicron.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

AA7Dragoon wrote: I used to collect many transformer toys as a kid and always had a fetish for the Decepticons and Megatron's devious English accent.  I am glad the original voice actor is going to be filling this role in the new film.
Uh, no, Megatron is voiced by Hugo Weaving. Only Optimus Prime is voiced by his original actor, and he's still got it.

I realized not too long ago I can do a decent voice impersonation of the Transformers narrator (the one from the original series). That's one more to add to the list. I've got the nuances to Beast Megatron down pat, but I don't sound a thing like him.
-- Razorclaw X
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

Doctor Doack wrote: I doubt it'll even come close to the awesomeness that was the movie involving Unicron.
quoted for fucking truth.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

Watch it become a trilogy as well. :)

Anyways I will be seeing it on the big screen for sure.
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

Maglok wrote: Watch it become a trilogy as well. :)
It's already in the works.
-- Razorclaw X
AA7Dragoon

Post by AA7Dragoon »

RazorclawX wrote: Uh, no, Megatron is voiced by Hugo Weaving. Only Optimus Prime is voiced by his original actor, and he's still got it.
Ah, ok.  I got it mixed up.  The original voice actor also did Megatron in the other series but is only playing Optimus in this one.  Hugo Weaving is a perfect choice for Megatron. :)
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
Zilla-

Post by Zilla- »

O god, Mr smith as megatron. I can feel the inanity already...
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Whoa.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Maglok
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Maglok »

RazorclawX wrote:
Maglok wrote: Watch it become a trilogy as well. :)
It's already in the works.
omfg! Evertyhing is a trilogy these days!
- Maglok
Audio engineer and writer
SC2 campaign dev ranting: The Bunker blog