It's been fun, I'm going to miss you guys...

Moderator: Milldawg

Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Re: It's been fun, I'm going to miss you guys...

Post by Archangel »

Lavarinth wrote:
Legion wrote:
Desler wrote:
Legion wrote: Uh-huh.

Space western.
What a combo breaking douche.
Wish I knew what you meant. Really.
[imgwh 500x400]http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0 ... reaker.jpg[/imgwh]
It's funny 'cause he's white.
[color=#ff9227]- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was[/color]
mAc Chaos
Zerg Zergling Groomer
Zerg Zergling Groomer

Post by mAc Chaos »

For some reason, I think of SC2, and I don't feel anything.  I remember when I wanted Starcraft to come out for the Mac, I bought the game guide before it had even been released and memorized pretty much every single word of it.  I'd spend the entire day doodling marines and zerglings and zealots in class, and trying to find ways to install a demo of the PC version at the school library (I finally did one day but I couldn't play it much with the librarians around and the sound was off).  When it came out I pretty much ate and breathed it.  But I don't feel that sensation anymore... maybe I've moved on, or maybe when it actually comes out I'll be captured by it again.
http://sanctuary-inc.net/
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

SC2 doesn't capture that feel of sc1. It feels more like C&C with starcraft units.
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

IskatuMesk wrote: SC2 doesn't capture that feel of sc1. It feels more like C&C with starcraft units.
I believe your hick impersonations fit right in with the Terran feel of SC2. That's how different it is.

And while the tracks have some gems in them, I still think the SC1 Terran tracks sound a more fitting. Terran themes sound too space cowboy and the like.

Though to be fair, the one with the violin was pretty damn good.

Not really sure of the Zerg and Protoss, but it doesn't feel right either though to a lesser degree, and of course game play and stats are very important factors of feel, but since I only watch I don't think I should comment yet.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

As far as music is concerned, I like Toss the most, then Terran. But zerg I am not very fond of. I feel Blizzard tried to go too hard into "omg distortion guitar is kewl gotta go metalhead dawgzzzz" and none of the tracks have any kind of personality to them.

Protoss I like the most overall but their voice acting needs to be almost totally revised. On the flipside, most of the Terran voices I do like, except for the Raven's which is utterly dreadful.

Only Protoss really feel "starcraft" to me. The shine on their buildings, the glow, those make me think starcraft. But their buildings are all yellow and totally lack the Protoss texture altogether. The colossus has absolutely no place in the game, lore-wise or gameplay-wise. Mothership needs to become a campaign unit - unique units is a C&C and DoW thing, keep that shit out of starcraft.

Zerg are way too giger for me. They lost that beastly look. They do look nice, I like their models, but they're all fucking brown and it looks bland and awful. They just need new textures. More muscles, more purple/red, more gonnafuckyouup and less gears of brown.

Terran just look too puffy and plushy. They've improved a lot since WII but the tank siege mode model is still stupid as hell looking, and the battlecruiser is way out of proportion and looks ugly as hell. On the flipside, I love the Thor. Favorite terran unit by far. Just a little too weak against air units to justify it having an air attack.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I can recognize them instantly, yes. That's no problem. It's just that Zerg are all brown - it's boring. I miss the beetle-esque shine of the Ultralisk and the sleek, muscular Mutalisk.
chris
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by chris »

I read a couple of posts on the first page

Desler, you are really counting way too many chickens before they hatch. There is really no telling what can happen in the future.

Also, I'm not going anywhere. I can't speak for the rest but we will still be here, as the oldies.

Anyway, speaking of the future, the key to becoming popular is this site http://www.rakrent.com/rtsc/html/scbw1.htm which is still the first site that comes up on google when you look up starcraft campaigns, even after all these years. There are many links on that site that now lead to 403 errors on this site. That needs to be fixed, they need to be rerouted to the actual projects specified. one example is this: http://sc.campaigncreations.org/votf-1/
[quote="Zilla-"]
campaign creations presents campaign creations starcraft campaign contest
[/quote]
[quote="Lavarinth on podcast"]Hey kids, this is Lavarinth. I know I didn't say much in this podcast, actually, I didn't say anything at all. See you guys on the next podcast.[/quote]
Negi
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Negi »

chris wrote: I read a couple of posts on the first page

Desler, you are really counting way too many chickens before they hatch. There is really no telling what can happen in the future.

Also, I'm not going anywhere. I can't speak for the rest but we will still be here, as the oldies.

Anyway, speaking of the future, the key to becoming popular is this site http://www.rakrent.com/rtsc/html/scbw1.htm which is still the first site that comes up on google when you look up starcraft campaigns, even after all these years. There are many links on that site that now lead to 403 errors on this site. That needs to be fixed, they need to be rerouted to the actual projects specified. one example is this: http://sc.campaigncreations.org/votf-1/
The user chris is probably the biggest nub on the planet.  Nobody will care when he's gone.
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
Death_Wing
Terran Starport Baggage Handler
Terran Starport Baggage Handler

Post by Death_Wing »

What?
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Negi has theme days.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

chris wrote: I read a couple of posts on the first page

Yes, we're aware of the redirect error- I'm still not sure why she comes up first, though.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
LuckyFool
Terran Refinery Attendant
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by LuckyFool »

IskatuMesk wrote: I can recognize them instantly, yes. That's no problem. It's just that Zerg are all brown - it's boring. I miss the beetle-esque shine of the Ultralisk and the sleek, muscular Mutalisk.
color differences are not nearly as pronounced either. It was so easy to see purple zerglings, or red mutalisks in sc1... in sc2 the color markings are much smaller and harder to really notice.

and I can't wait for the new influx that sc2 will bring to CC. It has me all excited and getting nostalgic again for new amazing custom mods and campaigns that defined my early years of sc1. :D

I actually almost want to go back and play some of the old classics that I haven't played in years... ahha so good.
Last edited by LuckyFool on Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
- TheAvenger
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

No offense but I think SC1 had quite a bit of time for old players to get use to the color palette, as well as growing up from an evolving graphical design. While it definitely stands out, it also stands out a bit too much from a realism perspective.

That said, the current color scheme is indeed lacking. But the player coloring is not as easy an issue to deal with as one would imply.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

As a player- I was watching my friend play on my account as Zerg, when a Zerg attacked him. I had no idea what units were whose.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator