Quick roll call

Moderator: Milldawg

Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Re: Quick roll call

Post by Marco »

I got my names confused.  I was about to tell Xelxiuz 'nice textures d00d'.  But that was Xealous.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Desler wrote: I got my names confused.  I was about to tell Xelxiuz 'nice textures d00d'.  But that was Xealous.
Xealous is still on AIM, I spoke with him a while back- He actually is for hire, I believe if you're interested, but don't quote me on that.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Negi
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Negi »

I don't know if Adun is still there, but I know Aeke and Sodon are still around on AIM.
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

IskatuMesk wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote: ^ Unnecessary.  He should just post here every once in awhile.

TPC!  Is it so hard to just say hi every once in awhile?  I know you're there!  I see you on Facebook all the time.
Every now and then I have a quick chat with him. He seems to be quite a busy guy.

HIYA XELXIUZ I REMEMBER YOU HOW'S IT GOING BRO
T_T my make-shift card board boxes known as a computer always breaks down, and I always forget to save CC vent. Now I can't even run your SC2 youtube videos without lagging hard for 5 minutes while it loads.

=X Sodon is still on msn. Last I remember he still played WoW.
Marco
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by Marco »

Lavarinth wrote: Xealous is still on AIM, I spoke with him a while back- He actually is for hire, I believe if you're interested, but don't quote me on that.
Wasn't looking for him, just had a similar name is all.  I dunno why, but me and Xealous didn't hit it off too well.  I forgot what set him off, just teen bickering most likely.
The Music of Squad 303  (Celestial Reverie Music by Joel Steudler)

[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/anise.mp3]Anise McConnell[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/bryce.mp3]Bryce Littlefield[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/issac.mp3]Issac Rangel[/url]
[url=http://files.campaigncreations.org/sc2/celestial/tyson.mp3]Tyson Reznor[/url]

"That mutalisk must have seen your stoic beauty glistening in its eye and tried to die looking at an angel in heaven."
-- Bryce Littlefield
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Desler wrote:
Lavarinth wrote: Xealous is still on AIM, I spoke with him a while back- He actually is for hire, I believe if you're interested, but don't quote me on that.
Wasn't looking for him, just had a similar name is all.  I dunno why, but me and Xealous didn't hit it off too well.  I forgot what set him off, just teen bickering most likely.
I'll always remember his layout on the subdomain with the glowing orb when clicked would some musical bit.

I much preferred Ravage!'s work, though, for art. Though ultimately, as mentioned many times by me, Rudder was the reason I came to CC with his Space Hulk campaign.
- - Lavarinth
Negi

Post by Negi »

Gah, what was the name of the guy with the corsair?
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Negi wrote: Gah, what was the name of the guy with the corsair?
Quirriff.
- - Lavarinth
AA7Dragoon
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Oh wow, Xelxiuz!  I should have focused on the name longer.  It has been a long time!  What have you been up to, man?
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Xelxiuz wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote:
AA7Dragoon wrote: ^ Unnecessary.  He should just post here every once in awhile.

TPC!  Is it so hard to just say hi every once in awhile?  I know you're there!  I see you on Facebook all the time.
Every now and then I have a quick chat with him. He seems to be quite a busy guy.

HIYA XELXIUZ I REMEMBER YOU HOW'S IT GOING BRO
T_T my make-shift card board boxes known as a computer always breaks down, and I always forget to save CC vent. Now I can't even run your SC2 youtube videos without lagging hard for 5 minutes while it loads.

=X Sodon is still on msn. Last I remember he still played WoW.

CC's vent is totally dead now, we just run a private vent. WG stopped paying for it since he really doesn't do anything involving it or the community anymore. You're gonna needs a new compootor for sc2 dota.

Sodon's on my aim. Times past I'd pester him with random mod stuff I had created but I never really knew the guy or what he was doing.
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

I don't believe I ever stood out AA7, but I appreciate it =]

I've been getting poor. Probably missing a lot of details, but if there's one way I can sum up 3 years of my life without sounding like an even bigger loser, that's getting poor.

And you are right Mesk, I would need a new computer. Which is probably what my final reserves of leisure cash are going into, and it's going to have to last a decade. So if any of you tech savy people want to join the pool of people that will hopefully help me decide what to buy, feel free to use sites like http://ncix.com/ and tinker around. I for one have trouble touching a VCR, let alone understand anything to do with computers.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

NCIX, huh? That's the site HKS/I use. He's more knowledgable about recent hardware than I am and could probably set you up with something reasonable.

Lasting a decade... highly unlikely. I'm running an i7 920 quad core, 12gb of corsair dominator, and a 4870x2, an insanely powerful system. I'll be good for two years at best.

In short;

Avoid Nvidia cards. They are bad. Nvidia is bad. Bads.
AMD and Intel both offer decent cpus.
Always buy brand-name power supply eg OCZ, Corsair, ect.
Asus mobos are good. Make sure you get a mobo that fits the socket of your cpu/vis versa.
For sound card, Creative XI-FI is probably your best bet.
4gb ram minimum, aim for 8gb. I got 12gb because I am a multitask freak and run 6 instances of 3ds max, maya, and XSI, and tons of other shit.
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

Why wouldn't your system last you more than two years? T_T I'm confused.

I've been referred NCIX by friends, and probably because I may get a discount from the people I know or people that know my friends that work there. And well I just don't know any other tech savy place that isn't some ghetto option like Best Buy and what not. And even I am not that stupid to buy something from Best Buy.

I recall someone telling me to go ATI over Nvidia, but how come?
CPU = motherboard yes? I was told to stay away from MSI >.> and I have no idea what that is.
No idea what a mobos is, I believe Asus is a brand though. Or wait is mobos = motherboard? Cause then what the heck is the CPU?
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

IskatuMesk wrote: NCIX, huh? That's the site HKS/I use. He's more knowledgable about recent hardware than I am and could probably set you up with something reasonable.

Lasting a decade... highly unlikely. I'm running an i7 920 quad core, 12gb of corsair dominator, and a 4870x2, an insanely powerful system. I'll be good for two years at best.

In short;

Avoid Nvidia cards. They are bad. Nvidia is bad. Bads.
AMD and Intel both offer decent cpus.
Always buy brand-name power supply eg OCZ, Corsair, ect.
Asus mobos are good. Make sure you get a mobo that fits the socket of your cpu/vis versa.
For sound card, Creative XI-FI is probably your best bet.
4gb ram minimum, aim for 8gb. I got 12gb because I am a multitask freak and run 6 instances of 3ds max, maya, and XSI, and tons of other shit.
All my ATI cards have sucked in comparison to any Nvidia I ever bought.. Bought my friend's Nvidia card overheated.
- - Lavarinth
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

Xelxiuz wrote:And you are right Mesk, I would need a new computer. Which is probably what my final reserves of leisure cash are going into, and it's going to have to last a decade. So if any of you tech savy people want to join the pool of people that will hopefully help me decide what to buy, feel free to use sites like http://ncix.com/ and tinker around. I for one have trouble touching a VCR, let alone understand anything to do with computers.
If you don't know how to build a computer, your options are going to be pretty limited... Expanding on what Mesk said:

Video cards: Agreed on avoiding Nvidia. ATI is mopping the floor with them right now, and likely will be for a while. A Radeon 5850 or 5870 will handle most games you throw at it for three years.

CPU: The difference between AMD and Intel is basically value versus performance. An AMD Phenon II 965 costs under $200 and is comparable to the Intel Core i5. The Core i7 however holds the crown for performance.

Another note about AMD vs Intel: Going with the Core i7 means you also have to get an Intel motherboard, which uses a triple-channel kit, which means you'd need to buy memory sticks in triplets. In total, you'll be spending an extra $300 or so.

Motherboard: ASUS all the way. They're the most stable motherboards I've ever used. I've never had an MSI board, but I've had Gigabyte and it died mysteriously after eight months.

Memory: Stick with the reputable brands. Corsair and OCZ are good. I'm using Mushkin on this computer and they're solid.

There's no way any computer would last a decade, but I'll bet you can get at least three years out of a new one. I used my old computer for four and half years, and even when I first got it, the parts I picked out weren't top-of-the-line. Your mileage will vary.