Quick roll call

Moderator: Milldawg

Gemini
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: Quick roll call

Post by Gemini »

Why on God's green earth would anyone want to talk to Palin again? He was an egomaniacal troll elevated to a position of authority that he had done absolutely nothing to warrant or deserve.
Negi
Zerg Creep Colony Landscaper

Post by Negi »

I always saw Palin as a role-model of sorts.  He's like me but if I somehow got control of CC.  I'm definitely smarter is the only thing.
[size=200]Post Count +1[/size]
Xelxiuz
Zerg Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by Xelxiuz »

Well I don't mean like a decade and still run the newest games, I meant it won't break even after a decade of use. Durability is what I am after, since I can't risk the thing breaking down on me. And I've had a lot of things break down on me. Lots. Granted you can't complain about free crap, but still.

I don't understand what you said on the Intel CPU. If I get an i7, does this mean I can't get an ASUS motherboard?

Lastly =P this laptop is older than the computer I used when I first started here on CC. That's the longevity I want, albeit, the ability to run a web browser more smoothly would be nice. If this thing could run SC2/D3, I wouldn't even bother for an upgrade even if I had to play 800x600 lowest settings like I did on WoW.

Though, I always do feel a little empty when stuff like FO3 comes out and I can't even touch it with a 10 foot pole. So this time, I do want to be able to play nice games for once >.> but it's not like I want to forever from now on.

=] I liked Palin, he was like what would happen if RCX went inside a mirror. Made the place feel balanced out. You had someone who was dead serious about his work, and someone who...well yeah. And he was a completely different breed than Negi, Mucky, and Cheesechild in terms of humor. Of course, this stems from the fact that I never had to deal with him in anything remotely important.

But then by that basis, Mantis was definitely a cornerstone of my old CC experience, even more so than Desler at some point <.< but I'll refrain from saying more about what kind of experience that was, as I'm sure you all can relate.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Lavarinth wrote:
IskatuMesk wrote: NCIX, huh? That's the site HKS/I use. He's more knowledgable about recent hardware than I am and could probably set you up with something reasonable.

Lasting a decade... highly unlikely. I'm running an i7 920 quad core, 12gb of corsair dominator, and a 4870x2, an insanely powerful system. I'll be good for two years at best.

In short;

Avoid Nvidia cards. They are bad. Nvidia is bad. Bads.
AMD and Intel both offer decent cpus.
Always buy brand-name power supply eg OCZ, Corsair, ect.
Asus mobos are good. Make sure you get a mobo that fits the socket of your cpu/vis versa.
For sound card, Creative XI-FI is probably your best bet.
4gb ram minimum, aim for 8gb. I got 12gb because I am a multitask freak and run 6 instances of 3ds max, maya, and XSI, and tons of other shit.
All my ATI cards have sucked in comparison to any Nvidia I ever bought.. Bought my friend's Nvidia card overheated.
which cards and which nvidia cards

/e

Xel >

Asus is a brand. My board is an Asus Rampage II Extreme, a$550 beast with 6 SATA2 connectors (six hard drives, the one I'm waiting on will bring me to 5.5 terabytes), some nice overclocking powers and great performance. This is a board specifically for i7's.

The CPU's all have a slot. An i7 won't fit a board slotted for a P4 or a Core 2 Duo.
Last edited by IskatuMesk on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

Lavarinth wrote:
Negi wrote: Gah, what was the name of the guy with the corsair?
Quirriff.
lol, only 2 days ago I discovered I still had him blocked on MSN, and almost straight after I unblocked him a window popped up with him saying something boring so I just ignored it
Archangel
Terran Nuclear Silo Safety Inspector

Post by Archangel »

Long long ago, I composed a list of the many (or few...I can't remember) ways "to know if you're Queer...if."

But I can't find it and it's probably not as funny as I remember it being as an adolescent.
[color=#ff9227]- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was[/color]
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

I remember Quirriff.  He used to post smack-talk about my beautiful LotC campaigns.  Said if they weren't canon, they shouldn't be made. 
You haven't lived until you've edited 5,000 recorded .mp3's of dialogue!
Frozty

Post by Frozty »

The Oracle wrote: I remember Quirriff.  He used to post smack-talk about my beautiful LotC campaigns.  Said if they weren't canon, they shouldn't be made. 
Heresy.  I just remember how I always dreaded reading his annoying follow-ups to anything that was remotely enjoyable.
[imgwh 500x100]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/FrozenTomato/Frozty21.jpg[/imgwh]
Archangel

Post by Archangel »

The Oracle wrote: I remember Quirriff.  He used to post smack-talk about my beautiful LotC campaigns.  Said if they weren't canon, they shouldn't be made. 
I swear to God I'll get you those lines. ...Just as soon as I get Lavarinth his. ...Just as soon as I get back home from set ...Just as soon-
[color=#ff9227]- Archangel
Best Damn Voice Actor There Ever Was[/color]
AA7Dragoon

Post by AA7Dragoon »

Yes, Palin never did much, but he was one of the original CC members of our time.  He's even older than me.  In fact, Palin deserves a lot more credit than people give him.

It was Palin who led the effort to restart CC under campaigncreations.org when the .com shut down.  I still remember the thread at the Star Alliance forum where Palin posted, "Who wants to start CC again?" and then rallied all the members to rebuild the site.  It was a critical moment in CC's history, and Palin was a leader at that moment to save the day.  So he still has my respect.

I still remember Quirriff and his Dark Templar avatar.
I have seen the Desler.  I have tasted of his milk and honey.
The Oracle
Xel'naga Hero
Xel'naga Hero

Post by The Oracle »

Promises...promises
Archangel wrote:
I swear to God I'll get you those lines. ...Just as soon as I get Lavarinth his. ...Just as soon as I get back home from set ...Just as soon-
You haven't lived until you've edited 5,000 recorded .mp3's of dialogue!
Mr.

Post by Mr. »

AA7Dragoon wrote: I still remember Quirriff and his Dark Templar avatar spray painted corsair.
Paging Dr. @Lavarinth
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I didn't really mind Palin I just felt he could have done a lot better. There are definitely worse people in the community that I can think of. Palin had an amusing sense of humor. He was one of the best trolls.

I still remember him trying to convince me on IRC that he could swing around a big, round metal table to beat someone in a fight.
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

Frozty wrote:
The Oracle wrote: I remember Quirriff.  He used to post smack-talk about my beautiful LotC campaigns.  Said if they weren't canon, they shouldn't be made.  
Heresy.  I just remember how I always dreaded reading his annoying follow-ups to anything that was remotely enjoyable.
I remember hearing that Quirriff was some kid who was bed-ridden so that might explain a few things.  Sodon was writing a bit for RockPaperShotgun as well as playing WoW.  Anyone know where Admiral Styles went to?

Also, Palin was more man than any of you.
Last edited by DrumsofWar on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xelxiuz

Post by Xelxiuz »

Even Adun? 8O!