StarCraft II Official! (Pictures)

Moderator: Milldawg

Zilla-
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: StarCraft II Official! (Pictures)

Post by Zilla- »

I like how the blizzcon site is just a whole shitload of fuck about WoW I dont think they mention the words Marine, Starcraft, zergling or whatever. They did however spend 1/2 a paragraph on a WoW ingame piece of crap.
Taeradun
Protoss Khalai Missionary
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Taeradun »

I don't know how they've done this in the past but I wouldn't really expect them to make any major bunch of announcements so soon after the last bunch (as much as we would've liked more than just a bit of protoss info even then).

Then again if it's a fucking "BlizzCon" I suppose maybe they should. :P
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Actually, now I'm hearing it's possibly a key for D3.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Xenon
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee
Zerg Queen's Nest Slave Trainee

Post by Xenon »

Yeah, wasn't Blizzard supposed to have 2 other games in development anyway?
Castlebunker
Terran Barracks Laundry Master

Post by Castlebunker »

I don't think they would announce D3 any time soon; WoW is still pretty new and all and burning horde (or whatever the expansions name is, hell I don't know) just came out... What other games would they have in development? I think SC2 is definitely enough to keep their hands full for now.
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

Blizzard is insanely rich right now, and anyone who looks at their job listings often knows what kinds of games they are hiring for now. One of which, is a Next Gen MMO. Also, not all MMOs require a monthly fee, so it might very well be D3. Any other job listing for WoW names the game as WoW, but some name it as a Next Gen MMO.

In any case, D1 > D2 > ?D3?. Lets keep this thread to startcraft :)
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Grandma
Terran SCV Lube Technician
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by Grandma »

Warbringer87 wrote:In any case, D1 > D2 > ?D3?. Lets keep this thread to startcraft :)
D2 was SOO much better. going hostile with everyone and spamming Sphere of Cold (I think thats what its called?) and destroying everyone with a frost sorc was hillarious. or guided arrows with a bowzon, fun times.

But I can't want to just get a collosus army and just spam "WHERE IS YOUR TOM CRUISE NOW!?". I think those things are ugly as hell, though =/
Hello, mother leopard.
I have your cub.
You must protect her,
But that will be expensive...
10,000 kola nuts,
Wrapped in brown paper...
Midnight, behind the box
I'll be the hyena, you'll see.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

I remember this one time in Lord of Destruction this guy suddenly left our party when we were in the Glacial Caverns and turned hostile on us while we were fighting mobs. Then we turned around and killed him. Then we ran down to the waypoint and waited for him to come back to kill him again. Our group's Necro tossed a bunch of Bone Walls around the waypoint to make sure he wouldn't move once he warped in, so we kept killing him over and over until we got bored.

So we left the waypoint and went on our merry way, and I see this big red dot on the map coming our way, so I drop a few Hydras (this was back when you could spam them) and suddenly the guy died off-screen. It was hilarious.
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
wibod

Post by wibod »

RazorclawX wrote: I remember this one time in Lord of Destruction this guy suddenly left our party when we were in the Glacial Caverns and turned hostile on us while we were fighting mobs. Then we turned around and killed him. Then we ran down to the waypoint and waited for him to come back to kill him again. Our group's Necro tossed a bunch of Bone Walls around the waypoint to make sure he wouldn't move once he warped in, so we kept killing him over and over until we got bored.

So we left the waypoint and went on our merry way, and I see this big red dot on the map coming our way, so I drop a few Hydras (this was back when you could spam them) and suddenly the guy died off-screen. It was hilarious.
Now all we need is Palin posting regularly again and I can say hell has officially frozen over.
Lavarinth
Xel'naga Administrator
Xel'naga Administrator

Post by Lavarinth »

Hardcore's the way to go. I never played Softcore.
- - Lavarinth
Campaign Creations Administrator
Hercanic
Protoss Stargate Concierge
Protoss Stargate Concierge

Post by Hercanic »

Anyone else notice there is a mineral cost for Warp In? The Stalkers cost 125 and Zealots cost 100.
Infiltrator
Terran Refinery Attendant

Post by Infiltrator »

Um, well, considering that Zealots cost 100 minerals to warp in in SC1, I don't see a problem...
"Who's the best starfighter in the fleet? Yours truly."
"En Tauro Adun!"
WB
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by WB »

The reason it costs money is because, as I understand it, warp-in just means that units get trained at a gateway/warp gate and get warped to wherever you warp them in. You aren't "summoning" units per se, your training them and deploying them wherever you want, so you still have to pay.
Now with 50% more lol, 50% more win, and 100% phlail.
www.sc2campaigns.net - Coming Soon!!
Infiltrator

Post by Infiltrator »

Aye, precisely. If you read the SC1 text, it says "Warp in Zealot," except that back in those days they could only warp in to the wherever the gateway itself was, now it can be chucked anywhere within pylon range.

Hey wait a sec, that means they can easily and quickly defend expansions and other bases!

Btw, about the old units from SC1 in SC2, they could do it the way Tiberian Sun did, where there was a mission where they found some old tanks that were one of the units from Tiberium Dawn, the predecessor of TS. So you could have a mission where you find some "old" Goliaths or something. :P
"Who's the best starfighter in the fleet? Yours truly."
"En Tauro Adun!"
Castlebunker

Post by Castlebunker »

That sounds pretty sweet. I hope this doesn't mean that all protoss units have no construction time?