I saw Transformers 2

Moderator: Milldawg

Marine
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target
Protoss Dragoon Shooting Target

Re: I saw Transformers 2

Post by Marine »

They confirmed a third transformers sometime around 2011-2012 and wanted to use Dinobots but Michael Bay said he wanted to bring in Unicron for "scales sake" basically.
[img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3600/zergsig5smallff5.png[/img]
dreamerhorwitz
Terran SCV Lube Technician

Post by dreamerhorwitz »

I'm not gonna go see it. As a matter of fact, I'll stay far away from it.
I saw a review and the reviewer pointed out that it had a high amount of sex and drug jokes. I know I "entered" the fandom quite late (Beast Wars late, in fact) but I kinda know that Transformers 2 is a far cry from what I want to see.
The evil swears are no match for a greater vocab!
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

dreamerhorwitz wrote: I'm not gonna go see it. As a matter of fact, I'll stay far away from it.
I saw a review and
The tainted brownies was one of the funniest parts of the movie.

What is it that you look for in Transformers that it takes drug references to keep you away from robots beating the shit out of each other?
-- Razorclaw X
Creator of Wanderers of Sorceria and Vision of the Future
dreamerhorwitz

Post by dreamerhorwitz »

RazorclawX wrote:
dreamerhorwitz wrote: I'm not gonna go see it. As a matter of fact, I'll stay far away from it.
I saw a review and
The tainted brownies was one of the funniest parts of the movie.

What is it that you look for in Transformers that it takes drug references to keep you away from robots beating the shit out of each other?

Pardon me for broadening, but when I see an adaption, of anything I like, the first thing that catches my eye is the characters. If I see, say, He-man kill one of Skeletor's minions, in cold blood, I'm keeping my distance.

The second thing, and the one I mostly see, is how true it stays to the original source material. Now, look at the original Transformers cartoons, from the original, all the way to the Unicron Battles, and tell me if they ever made a sexual or drug-referenced joke.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

BW: Cheetor & Waspinator (Robots In Disguise!)

THIS COULD ONLY MEAN ROBOTS IN DISGUISE

Pretty much any train of logic Cheetor followed, even if this one happened to sort of make sense in context.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

dreamerhorwitz wrote: The second thing, and the one I mostly see, is how true it stays to the original source material. Now, look at the original Transformers cartoons, from the original, all the way to the Unicron Battles, and tell me if they ever made a sexual or drug-referenced joke.
Oh come on, there was a lot of it in Beast Wars.

Very last episode, Blackarachnia grabs Rattrap's tail, he goes "Give that back you immasculating femm-bot!" and then she pops the notch off the end of the tail and cut to Silverbolt who's clearly aroused by it.

There was another one between Rattrap and Silverbolt. Silverbolt having just returned from a patrol (in reality he's secretly making out with Blackarachnia) and Rattrap goes "Find any new positions?" and Silverbolt decks him.

Waspinator has a big marijuana leaf pattern in his chest, just right under his head.

Oh yeah, even better... there's an episode in the original series where Megatron powers himself up with the Heart of Cybertron, and proceeds to beat the crap out of all the Autobots. To celebrate, all the Decepticons get drunk. They stay smashed for the rest of the episode.

I'll be honest. As a kid I never liked the idea of the humans and Transformers working together, but the first 15 minutes of the movie sold me on the idea. Granted, this is one of the few versions of Transformers where the humans can actually make a difference in combat against a Transformer, but what I really liked about the whole thing is they treated each other like partners (well, the soldiers at least).
Last edited by RazorclawX on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Razorclaw X
GreatGodSajuuk
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor
Terran Battlecruiser Janitor

Post by GreatGodSajuuk »

I saw TF 2 and while the action was epic, the scenes in the campus and the stuff with the parents was miserable and should have been excluded as it was a LONG and ANNOYING drag really. Also a lot of the jokes just seemed out of place, tough the scrotum one in the end was indeed lulzy.
[imgwh 621x144]http://i.imagehost.org/0709/TuningFail.png[/imgwh]
DrumsofWar
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)
Protoss Infested Terran (Unemployed)

Post by DrumsofWar »

RazorclawX wrote:
dreamerhorwitz wrote: The second thing, and the one I mostly see, is how true it stays to the original source material. Now, look at the original Transformers cartoons, from the original, all the way to the Unicron Battles, and tell me if they ever made a sexual or drug-referenced joke.
I hate you.  Those were so the examples I was going to pick although I think there's a few more.

Beast Wars did the mix of violence right though.  I'm not a big fan of how "edgy" and hyperviolent Micheal Bay is, although Zack Snyder in "Watchmen" was much worse.
dreamerhorwitz

Post by dreamerhorwitz »

RazorclawX wrote:

Very last episode, Blackarachnia grabs Rattrap's tail, he goes "Give that back you immasculating femm-bot!" and then she pops the notch off the end of the tail and cut to Silverbolt who's clearly aroused by it.

There was another one between Rattrap and Silverbolt. Silverbolt having just returned from a patrol (in reality he's secretly making out with Blackarachnia) and Rattrap goes "Find any new positions?" and Silverbolt decks him.

Waspinator has a big marijuana leaf pattern in his chest, just right under his head.

Oh yeah, even better... there's an episode in the original series where Megatron powers himself up with the Heart of Cybertron, and proceeds to beat the crap out of all the Autobots. To celebrate, all the Decepticons get drunk. They stay smashed for the rest of the episode.

I'll be honest. As a kid I never liked the idea of the humans and Transformers working together, but the first 15 minutes of the movie sold me on the idea. Granted, this is one of the few versions of Transformers where the humans can actually make a difference in combat against a Transformer, but what I really liked about the whole thing is they treated each other like partners (well, the soldiers at least).
Pardon me if the writing team was as creative as the team for Banjo-Kazooie. Plus I have autism, which worked as a mental shield that blocks adult content. (the shield is gone now, so don't enter AUTISM IS EVIL!!!!DIEDIEDIE! mode).

You did't like the idea of robots and humans working together, eh? Then I'll bet the cartoon movie was a disappointment.
RazorclawX
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by RazorclawX »

dreamerhorwitz wrote: Pardon me if the writing team was as creative as the team for Banjo-Kazooie. Plus I have autism, which worked as a mental shield that blocks adult content. (the shield is gone now, so don't enter AUTISM IS EVIL!!!!DIEDIEDIE! mode).

You did't like the idea of robots and humans working together, eh? Then I'll bet the cartoon movie was a disappointment.
I don't care about your Autism. I'm calling you out on acting like a jerk on purpose.
-- Razorclaw X
dreamerhorwitz

Post by dreamerhorwitz »

RazorclawX wrote:
dreamerhorwitz wrote: Pardon me if the writing team was as creative as the team for Banjo-Kazooie. Plus I have autism, which worked as a mental shield that blocks adult content. (the shield is gone now, so don't enter AUTISM IS EVIL!!!!DIEDIEDIE! mode).

I don't care about your Autism. I'm calling you out on acting like a jerk on purpose.
My apologies.
Aegis
Terran Factory Worker
Terran Factory Worker

Post by Aegis »

Saw the movie, and other than a few scenes which were truly inappropriate (like a certain scene with Wheelie), I thought it was a fun movie to watch.  In fact, those very same plotholes, inconsistencies, and editing errors and the like were what made it so awesome... because of how ridiculously stupid it was. ;p

And this movie, I thought, all the more should've been GI Joe vs Transformers with how much more the military got involved.
Crap, dung, and everything that stands alone...