If you could interview me...

Moderator: Milldawg

IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Re: If you could interview me...

Post by IskatuMesk »

Ricky_Honejasi wrote: Questions (serious, non-serious, good and bashing ones) :

For some reason, when I do see your works of any kind, it always seems exagerated somehow. For example, if there is a battle, it almost always turns out as a large scale bloody war. Why is that?
Not all of them. There's actually a lot of duels in TOA. Most of my mods are based on the large conflicts since, well, you can't produce an articulated conversion from only two characters.

I've always liked the epic, when it's portrayed correctly. The key to doing that is to providing a logical foundation for your story, which I work very hard to achieve in TOA. I'll give details about that in the video.

I also think posting action and detail sequences are the best way to draw interest. These are where writers often struggle, is giving the accurate description of a lot of events taking place at once.

Also the only location to find my modifications and projects is here, now. The majority are not available for two reasons -

I lost their data in an HD crash. The source data, ie the data that matters when rebuilding or continuing work. The only source data I have left is for ITAS, HK, and maybe MFTGATRL.

I decided not to release for a random reason, either due to incompletion or because it didn't meet my requirements of release state.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gemini
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by Gemini »

I've always liked the epic, when it's portrayed correctly. The key to doing that is to providing a logical foundation for your story
You mean like galaxy-sized starships that completely ignore the hydrostatic equilibrium that would occur from such a large mass?
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

They're constructed out of psionic energy, so yes.

Plus the gravity is often regulated with gravitic and magnetic control devices, referred to in one of the chapters explaining the makeup of Zegredark vessels. The largest Zegredark ship is the Lordship, which is still under the size of the largest star (Lo`Heem) in existence. The Lordship was constructed using First One technology and is therefore subject to laws that most ships cannot achieve.

Undead and DyiithJhinn ships that dwarf the Lordship are all energy or psionic based.

In the case of Vyru constructs, which can be larger than all of Creation, they don't technically "exist"; they're spiritual elements, and their size is a manifestation of their psionic influence, as is their appearance.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
tipereth
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist
Zerg Hydralisk Nail Stylist

Post by tipereth »

The last 'duel' of yours that I remember reading in TOA was between a lone hero and like a million skeletal dragons.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

That wasn't a duel.
Nemesis felt a presence as he entered the upper facility. Well, he actually saw the presence before he felt it, though the feelings were mutual. Straight ahead of him, in the same position where Krottar had once sat when they oversaw Aumus' trial of Slayers, the figure of distorted light stood once more. It reached for its wrist, tapped a section, and the cloaking device deactivated.

Nemesis recognized the DyiithJhinn combat armor. A series of metallic blue-black's, a smooth, elegant design covering a blackened dead flesh that stood a foot shorter than Nemesis. No ornate spikes or curves in the armor, but the dagger in the demon's right hand stood out enough to warrant extra note. A strange weapon, the hilt a great shining bronze scarab, and the blade – rather, blades – twin crescents of matte black that curved outwards and then inwards for a good foot and a half. The weapon seemed purely decorative, though it was clearly capable of downing an Elder God with a mere scratch.

The demon rose its right hand above its head, and lowered its left hand with its body, fingers outstretched. A ritualistic fighting position.

"What, no speeches about glory, power, or destiny of Gods?" Nemesis laughed lightly. The creature did not move or respond.

"Well, you're my kind of demon, then." The High Templar finished with a stout nod. He rose his right hand to in front of his face, and the White Blade flared into existence at command, lighting the unshielded chamber with its brilliance.

The two warriors began to circle each other. Neither moved from their assumably defensive stances. Nemesis rose his sword above his head in much the same fashion the demon was positioned. Their eyes, crimson windows into the abyss itself, remained eternally locked. Already the battle had begun, a battle of wits and patience. At this battle Nemesis knew he would not arrive victor of. If he waited too long, he wouldn't be able to arrange his people's survival of this event. Even now the Undead were closing in on their remaining defenses.

So, Nemesis took the bait, and moved first.

The White Blade swung in a wide low arc, forcing the demon to the High Templar's right. The dagger lashed out, but the Templar spun out of its path, both acts mere shimmers of movement unnoticeable to the mortal eye. The demon spun with him, spinning the dagger in its hand, thrusting upward. Nemesis ducked the weapon, thrusting with his glowing blade into the demon's gut, but it dodged this attack as well, its speed as sharp as its mind, spinning around further, bringing its dagger to Nemesis back. The High Templar flipped forward, kicking the demon in the chest with startling speed, moving it back a few inches, but not granting him the effect he desired.

Mhara lunged for his foe. The lord of the Warrior Templar was not an easy foe to predict. He had learned from the mistakes of those that were now with the dead. His White Blade either deflected or cought the devil's claw, forcing him to act faster, harder, with more creativity. The two figures danced around each other in a ballet of death, their god-slaying blades playing a tune of war. All around them the world light up brighter and brighter as an endless wave of destruction absolute called out to them. This brightness eventually overcame Lo`Heem itself, showering the two fighters in a raging light.

Nemesis had already fulfilled his mission here. As he fought, he mentally directed the station's weakened transport systems to complete their final command. He only remained to see the end of the demon. If he failed, the Lordship was to automatically jump into the Abyss. However, if it waited too long, it would be overcome by the Undead, which had decimated the remaining guard to the last three ships. A trio of Baelterass cruisers.

The battlecruisers fought the greatest battle of their lives. Their captains died living their greatest hours. They died with honor. With glory. With every shot their barges of destruction let forth, thousands of demons turned to vapor, their souls filled with flame and ash. The cruisers let forth a reckless rampage of fury for their dying race, a testimony to their spirits. When their shields failed, their hull lit aflame, and their weapons burned out, they sacrificed themselves in massive drive overloads, consuming billions more of their enemies with them. What then remained as the smoke cleared was the final bastion of Zegredark existence. The Lordship.

The worldship, the largest of all Zegredark machines ever crafted, fought well. However, its time was beginning to run short as well. Nemesis could feel every hit upon its mental reactive defenses as if they hit his own body. His gaze never left the demon's, however. Even when it hurt to look into the light, into the face of death itself. The station began to return to the dust it came from, its frame withering in the light of the Spectral shockwave.

Another parry, another dodge, a leap of faith, a reckless slash, Mhara felt the pressure of the battle overcome him. He had never fought in this situation before. He had always been in control. Always known his opponent. This man, he did not know. The High Templar had changed greatly since his master had last penetrated his nightmares, his dreams, his memories. He had become stronger, both in body, and in mind. His resolution had been strengthened by the fires of loss, and the freezing winds of dispair. Mhara was honored to be bested by the likes of this legendary warrior. The White Blade did not sow pain through his body, it merely wiped his mind of selfness, of essence. In his final moment, he felt a peace he had never felt since his birth. A peace of nothingness. He was eternal in this moment.

Nemesis did not spend time to observe his opponent's fall. Just the knowledge that he had landed a fatal blow was que enough for him to leave. The station's systems gave him one final acknowledgement, and along with the last remaining Zegredark and their civilization, he leapt headstrong into a world of darkness where he would never return from.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

I am doing the video interview TOMORROW NIGHT, so if you have something you'd think would make a good question, say so now.
Mucky
Protoss Khalai Missionary

Post by Mucky »

does your sister get fucked up on xanex
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

If it's available in canada she'll be fucked up on it.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

Small piece of the interview. I may or may not release the full version, since it would take a long time to render, and there seems to be no real interest.

http://files.filefront.com/Dokezzzzzzzz ... einfo.html
Mucky

Post by Mucky »

You should record yourself watching this video.

http://download.yousendit.com/5494864C384B8678
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

takes too long to get the camera set up and finalize things for something so short. That video is the best thing I've seen since that burglar video wibod sent me, though!
Milldawg
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist
Zerg Defiler Nutritionist

Post by Milldawg »

Between those two videos, I am not sure if I will ever love again.
Ricky_Honejasi
Xel'naga Solar Moderator
Xel'naga Solar Moderator

Post by Ricky_Honejasi »

A small nitpick about mesk's video, if possible try to either avoid facing the computer screen or turn it off since I see the computer screen on your glasses and it pretty much prevent to see your eyes.

Presuming you read the questions off your computer screen, either you can write them down on some paper and read them or remember those by heart during the interview as alternatives.

Simply it is because I am the type of guy who want to see someone's eyes instead of those being hidden or masked somehow.
Milldawg wrote: Between those two videos, I am not sure if I will ever love again.
Oh, you will eventually. Such videos can kill some faith for a short period of time. :p
Last edited by Ricky_Honejasi on Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IskatuMesk
Xel'naga World Shaper
Xel'naga World Shaper

Post by IskatuMesk »

It's probably best you don't look into my eyes, anyway. You might just explode.
Atom Heart Mother
Terran Supply Depot Clerk
Terran Supply Depot Clerk

Post by Atom Heart Mother »

When did you get a sister?